Trying to recover my old account from 2010. Please help!

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
freedom
Freshman Poster

Trying to recover my old account from 2010. Please help!

Post by freedom »

Hi Winston and others. Original member 'Free' from 2010 here. I am posting with a new account. I can't log into my original one.
My older account: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5812

Is my account still active? I can see my profile page ok.

It's been a while since visiting the forum but I can't log in.
Is my account of username "Free" still active? I used to be a mod too. I registered in 2010 and have 106 posts.
I'm quite sure I have the correct pass still. I no longer have my old email account as they made a big change, trashed my account and no longer accept signups, so I can't do a recovery pass step or signup again.

I have a way to prove it's me in case you want to ask. It's a detail when Winston and I first interacted in private in 2010 that no one else would know. I can also give you my email account and the pass I'm using.

When I attempt to re-register at HA it says that the username is taken. Either I'm still active or someone else took the name which would be wrong in my opinion. Or maybe my pass got changed somehow.
The account does not seem hijacked because the last post in Nov. 2012 is mine. No others since then.

I went to the profile pages of Winston, jamesbond, fschmidt and can not see anything in the Contact section to click!

Maybe Winston or a mod can either send me a new temp pass for that old account at my new account or update the email address of that account with the one I'm using with my new account. Once again, I can prove that it's me with more info.

I'm coming back around because of all of this global covid stuff! Amazing how much has changed. It's less easier to now be Happier Abroad with all of the global restrictions and people's misery. I'm amazed that nearly the whole world went along.

Thanks for any help!
Free / Freedom
"Give me liberty or give me death" - Patrick Henry
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Trying to recover my old account from 2010. Please help!

Post by Winston »

Hi Free.
Ok I will give you a new password for that account and PM it to you. Why couldn't you just click the "reset password" button on the forum login screen to reset it? That's what it's there for right?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Free
Freshman Poster

Re: Trying to recover my old account from 2010. Please help!

Post by Free »

Thank you so much Winston! I'm glad that you noticed the thread. Everything is fine now. A nice relief. That was a big help and thanks for trusting me.

As I mentioned in the post, I tried the recover pass option but it has to send it to the email address of course but that provider canned my account some time ago during their changeover and it's now no longer possible to register with them.

I have some extra projects I'm taking on in the next couple of months but then I'm going to try to catch up more with the forum and do some posts.
I'm sure you guys have talked about a lot of important matters over the time and especially since the covid tsunami.

I've been more involved with the actual steps of attempting to be happier abroad over the recent years and less involved with the forum.
But during that time I would frequently remember the forum and the valuable insights that many people have shared over the years way beyond just travel and it's now bringing me back around. Especially with covid, as global travel is one of our main themes here and in our lives.
The worldwide covid incident has a positive side in that it was a type of squeezing of the countries and people to sort of see more of what's really inside of them. A revealing of some truths if you will.
We have a lot more to assess now. I think this forum is once again a very good place to share things like this.

Thanks again! :D
"Give me liberty or give me death" - Patrick Henry