Should Winston Make Me a Moderator?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should Winston Make Me A Moderator?

Poll ended at October 19th, 2022, 2:45 am

Yes. You seem like an okay dude. You're online often and get involved. You would make a good Moderator.
57%
No. You are a bit of a wally who doesn't deserve the position.
33%
Undecided/Impartial. I don't give a damn either way, it's up to Winston.
10%

Total votes: 21
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Re: Should Winston Make Me a Moderator?

Post by Voyager1 »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
January 10th, 2023, 6:29 am
You flatter yourself too much. Why would I invest time and energy into you to that degree? Stop being so paranoid :lol:
That still doesn't answer the question whether you can read our private messages or not and know our email address.

I encourage everyone to go to their inbox and sent items and delete everything if privacy is important to you.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Winston wrote:
December 12th, 2022, 2:56 am
In each post, you will see buttons in the top right corner that will let you warn users, look up their IPs, or edit their posts, or delete their posts. Do you see it?
@Winston I would be very uncomfortable with him knowing my ip address. That is why I use a VPN and encourage everyone here to do so.

After all we know very little to nothing about him and after only a few months he was made a moderator (only because jamesbond and fschmidt were not doing a proper job IMO).

Winston, do you know if moderators can read users private messages and know their real email address? Thanks.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Voyager1 wrote:
January 10th, 2023, 6:30 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
January 10th, 2023, 6:29 am
You flatter yourself too much. Why would I invest time and energy into you to that degree? Stop being so paranoid :lol:
That still doesn't answer the question whether you can read our private messages or not and know our email address.

I encourage everyone to go to their inbox and sent items and delete everything if privacy is important to you.
Sure, if that makes you feel safer. But to answer your question. No, I can't snoop into people's private messages as far as I am aware. Why would that function even be available? And what makes you think I give a crap about what you're talking about in private messages?

I can see reports that are made (thanks by the way -_-) but reading private messages isn't something I can do. To my knowledge anyway.

What is with you? Why do you think I've got some vendetta against you and would want to invade your privacy or harass you through email or something?

Let me set the record straight, @Voyager1 I don't like you personally. I find you sneaky and provocative. You don't like it when I call you out so you're a bit hypocritical too. Do you think that means that I am interested in harassing you or invading your privacy? No it does not. I'm entitled to have an opinion. And I'm entitled to free speech as well.

None of this means I'm out to get you or anything like that. I'm not that malicious or vindictive. You need to relax and stop being paranoid. Seriously :roll:
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Voyager1 wrote:
January 10th, 2023, 6:27 am
Winston wrote:
December 12th, 2022, 2:56 am
In each post, you will see buttons in the top right corner that will let you warn users, look up their IPs, or edit their posts, or delete their posts. Do you see it?
@Winston I would be very uncomfortable with him knowing my ip address. That is why I use a VPN and encourage everyone here to do so.

After all we know very little to nothing about him and after only a few months he was made a moderator (only because jamesbond and fschmidt were not doing a proper job IMO).

Winston, do you know if moderators can read users private messages and know their real email address? Thanks.
No they cannot read your private messages and neither can I. The forum software doesn't allow that. You can ask the developers at www.phpbb.com to confirm if you want. Moderators may see your email and IP but so what? They aren't doing anything bad to you and have nothing against you. The government can see your email and IP too. Don't be so paranoid.

He is not a stranger. I have spoken to him on the phone and on social media and I trust him and would vouch for him and vet him. He is like a kindred spirit too and on the same wavelength as me. So don't worry man.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Winston wrote:
January 10th, 2023, 6:59 am
No they cannot read your private messages and neither can I. The forum software doesn't allow that. You can ask the developers at www.phpbb.com to confirm if you want. Moderators may see your email and IP but so what? They aren't doing anything bad to you and have nothing against you. The government can see your email and IP too. Don't be so paranoid.

He is not a stranger. I have spoken to him on the phone and on social media and I trust him and would vouch for him and vet him. He is like a kindred spirit too and on the same wavelength as me. So don't worry man.
Winston, is there any reason moderators need to have all the users email addresses? Can you give me one valid reason? I can understand that admin needs to validate the email account but there's no valid reason why moderators need the users email addresses. Is there a setting that only admin can see the email?

You write "They aren't doing anything bad to you and have nothing against you" but how do you know that. PD is hostile to me on the forum and friends with Tsar. I am not comfortable with him having my email address. I never consented to that when I signed up. I feel you have betrayed myself and others on the forum by granting a relatively unknown access to private information.

How do we know this Pixel--Dude isn't really Tsar? Have you spoken to him by video or only by voice?
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Voyager1 wrote:
January 10th, 2023, 8:48 am
Winston wrote:
January 10th, 2023, 6:59 am

Winston, is there any reason moderators need to have all the users email addresses? Can you give me one valid reason? I can understand that admin needs to validate the email account but there's no valid reason why moderators need the users email addresses. Is there a setting that only admin can see the email?

You write "They aren't doing anything bad to you and have nothing against you" but how do you know that. PD is hostile to me on the forum and friends with Tsar. I am not comfortable with him having my email address. I never consented to that when I signed up. I feel you have betrayed myself and others on the forum by granting a relatively unknown access to private information.

How do we know this Pixel--Dude isn't really Tsar? Have you spoken to him by video or only by voice?
What about my lifelong friend @Lucas88? Is he Tsar as well? Do you have any idea how desperate and paranoid you look?

Answer me honestly, why would I want your email? Why would I want to waste my time interacting with you outside of the forum? Now you're criticising Winston as well :roll:

I am friends with Tsar, I don't like that you're constantly trying to provoke him. And I confess I don't like you, big deal. At the same time I've also tried countless times to assure you I mean you no harm. What more can I say?

You're making yourself look bad, my friend.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

I give criticism where criticism is due. There is no valid reason why moderators need access to the emails. Only admin. If there's a simple setting that can be changed it should be changed.

What if a moderator comes along and they want to start their own competing Happier Abroad company? They have all the emails and they can contact all the members and invite them to join. You gotta think about these things @Winston.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Voyager1 wrote:
January 10th, 2023, 10:29 am
I give criticism where criticism is due. There is no valid reason why moderators need access to the emails. Only admin. If there's a simple setting that can be changed it should be changed.

What if a moderator comes along and they want to start their own competing Happier Abroad company? They have all the emails and they can contact all the members and invite them to join. You gotta think about these things @Winston.
I also give criticism where it is due, but you don't seem to like it. I'm simply moderating the forum in accordance with Winston's rules. If you want to be a little crybaby and a drama queen causing trouble because of your delusional paranoia then you are more than welcome to leave the forum if you don't like how it is run. I doubt you will be missed and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Ha ha that's funny. A newbie telling a long time member to leave.

Why don't you get lost? This forum was much better without you.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Voyager1 wrote:
January 10th, 2023, 10:56 am
Ha ha that's funny. A newbie telling a long time member to leave.

Why don't you get lost? This forum was much better without you.
I'm sure a lot of people will disagree. Unlike you I actually have friends here. :P

Like I said before, you're welcome to stay. Your hysterical paranoia is amusing as f**k :lol:
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Mercer wrote:
January 11th, 2023, 4:30 pm
@Winston already called out @Tsar for spamming and trolling the board years ago:
Winston wrote:
April 17th, 2017, 6:37 am
Tsar,
Please don't start new threads to complain to moderators or complain about other members. Just PM the moderators instead. You are starting too many superfluous threads about your flame war with Voyager1. Just keep it all in one thread man. We don't need tons of new threads with your rants and complaints in it. That's spamming and trolling the board.
I wonder if @Jamesbond stopped posting because @Tsar was unbanned and he knew that Tsar's banning was justified. It does seem like @Tsar gets away with anything he wants while other posters were either warned or banned for less. I was looking at Tsar's posts and it's years of trolling, insults, spamming, etc. @Tsar has even made many threads insulting the moderators and sick fake stories about other posters.

@Jamebond was the best mod because he wasn't biased towards any posters, never insulted anyone, etc. and he's been a poster for years. If this is the way that the forum is run where some people get warned or banned while others get away with much worse just because some posters personally like them then I'm not surprised that an intelligent poster and moderator like him left because that's illogical.

@Winston considers himself a free-thinker but he seems to let some members get away with anything while banning others. You can show @Winston proof and he'll literally just ignore it while he criticizes someone else with no evidence. That doesn't seem like something a so-called free-thinker would do.
And what about you Mercer? You weren't exactly the model user either. I could've banned you ages ago for personally insulting Outcast's girlfriend and stuff like that, but you're still here as well. Plenty of people voted for you to be banned. You apologised and now all is good.

Personally I don't know why @jamesbond left. He could've said something in the appeal if he had an issue about Tsar coming back, but he said nothing at all. When I private messaged him he just said "It's up to Winston." Tsar is doing a lot better than he was before. Now he's got people who give a crap about his wellbeing. I've spoken to him about sonnets and things like that and he agreed not to make anymore about other members. I've asked Tsar not to interact with Voyager1 and likewise Voyager1 has agreed to leave Tsar alone as well. So that's that. Let's all just get along :)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@Voyager1

You sound paranoid. There is no basis to your complaint. ALL forums have admins and moderators who can see your email if they want to. It's nothing unusual. It's standard procedure in all forums. Why would anyone want to email you? Why do you think you are that special? Geez. Of course I don't pick random people to be moderators. I pick only those I trust and can vet for. Can you stop arguing please and only debate if you have a valid legitimate point? This discussion is a waste of time and has no basis. Please stop creating unnecessary arguments and friction for nothing.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

@Winston here is some discussion on how administrators can set permissions so that moderators do not see users email addresses:

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2145215

So you may need to look around in your control panel to check or uncheck the appropriate boxes.

Again, there is no valid reason for a moderator to have each user's personal email address. It's not as you say "standard procedure on all forums". It differs from forum to forum. Some allow mods to see user's email, some only the admin can see.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Voyager1 wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 4:51 am
@Winston here is some discussion on how administrators can set permissions so that moderators do not see users email addresses:

So you may need to look around in your control panel to check or uncheck the appropriate boxes.

Again, there is no valid reason for a moderator to have each user's personal email address. It's not as you say "standard procedure on all forums". It differs from forum to forum. Some allow mods to see user's email, some only the admin can see.
Dude your little meltdown is really funny. You have really been spazzing out big time ever since PD was made moderator by Winston. 😂 Most people don't seem to care though. And I myself being a long time member, I think PD is doing a perfectly adequate job. All you are accomplishing with your tantrum is that it makes you look like a paranoid weirdo. Just get over it lol.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 5:28 am
Voyager1 wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 4:51 am

Dude your little meltdown is really funny. You have really been spazzing out big time ever since PD was made moderator by Winston. 😂 Most people don't seem to care though. And I myself being a long time member, I think PD is doing a perfectly adequate job. All you are accomplishing with your tantrum is that it makes you look like a paranoid weirdo. Just get over it lol.
I've done my best to reassure him that I mean him no harm. I'm not petty or vindictive and I don't have the time or the inclination to go routing through all Voyager1's personal information. I'm simply indifferent. Of course, even though I'm a moderator I'm still entitled to my opinion and freedom of speech. People shouldn't take things so personally.