Auto-Save Drafts?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Auto-Save Drafts?

Post by Pixel--Dude »

@Winston is there any way the site could be updated to automatically save drafts? I just spent ages writing out a new thread only to be told I have to sign in. Of course when I signed in everything I'd written was gone and I can't be f***ed to write it all out again. It's really annoying at times and it happens pretty often if I don't remember to copy everything I've written and later paste should all my text get wiped.

Does anyone else have an issue with this?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Auto-Save Drafts?

Post by Tsar »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
November 13th, 2022, 3:39 am
@Winston is there any way the site could be updated to automatically save drafts? I just spent ages writing out a new thread only to be told I have to sign in. Of course when I signed in everything I'd written was gone and I can't be f***ed to write it all out again. It's really annoying at times and it happens pretty often if I don't remember to copy everything I've written and later paste should all my text get wiped.

Yes, I have had that happen and decided not to try to rewrite it again. I started to either copy it before submitting or open a new tab to see if I am still signed in.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Pixel--Dude wrote:

The trick is to go back with your browser and, in 90% of the cases, you will find the original form with the text you wrote. You can then copy the text and paste it somewhere else, while you re-authenticate and open the thread reply form.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

publicduende wrote:
November 13th, 2022, 3:56 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:

The trick is to go back with your browser and, in 90% of the cases, you will find the original form with the text you wrote. You can then copy the text and paste it somewhere else, while you re-authenticate and open the thread reply form.
What happens is that I'm signed in, then I submit my thread. It asks me to sign in and then if I press back it reloads the sign in page, if I sign in it loads an empty page. I sometimes copy everything just in case, but sometimes I forget. It's a nightmare when I've spent ages writing out a thread and then it's all gone just like that.

I just wrote out a philosophical thread about the nature of love and its many forms and I lost it all. Which has seriously made me unmotivated.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.