Should HA mods be stricter on trolls, shitposting and low-effort content?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should mods be stricter on trolls and shitposting?

Yes, action should be taken against disruptive members and low-effort content should be removed
86%
No, I like the forum as it is
14%
I don't care either way
No votes

Total votes: 7
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Re: Should HA mods be stricter on trolls, shitposting and low-effort content?

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Yohan wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 2:24 am
GerardButler wrote:
April 10th, 2023, 7:30 pm
You are all of relatively low caliber, so you cannot get to the root of the matter. The administrator no longer cares about this forum because it has been blacklisted as a hate site by Google and others and will never generate revenue. Now it is a drain on administrative resources. You should prepare for the day when he pulls the plug, particularly in the coming days when I begin investing significant resources into happier abroad dot ORG and legal action causing Google and Service providers to completely remove this website. The administrator was instructed to alter his behavior, and he requested your assistance years ago, as he refused accept my superiority, but you had nothing to add. Just like now. You just don't have the business acumen or technical expertise to assist. It's now over.

Seriously, what does Yohah know? He is merely an individual with mental illness who was released from a mental institution more than a decade ago. He does not have a wife or a natural or fostered daughter. He receives government assistance and resides in a small, one bedroom flat.

Public D? Some verbose low-quality tech swindler who overcharges mom-and-pop parlors for brochure websites in a mud shack in the middle of nowhere. Are these people suppose to be valuable? Who else is there? These individuals only offer defamation and nothing of value.

Here's value

Good bye

I don't see anything wrong if I ask the admin/moderator to check out this posting from PAG and to remove from this troll posting fake stories and picture about me. I think PublicDuende will also agree that fake stories/picture about him should be removed.
Be warned other users. @Yohan, @publicduende, @MarcosZeitolaand @Voyager1: Winston has said PAG can stay if he behaves. So far he is receiving a warning for the disruption he's caused since his return. If he goes to minding his own business and you guys target him then you guys will get a warning instead. If PAG continues acting like a jerk I will ban him.
I find it funny how google can blacklist something as a hate site, f**k google.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 12:09 am
I'm getting sick of all this bullshit. @Winston has already said in the banning and warning board that he is not for or against PAG being here. So this is what is going to happen in this regard:

@GerardButler is going to receive a warning for his disruptive behaviour and for being a git in general and threatening the admin with his garbage threats. GerardButler, go back to posting about philosophical stuff like Nietzsche and disengage from this petty shitslinging contest with other users. Also stop making threats against the admin. Continuation in this behaviour will result in a ban.

Be warned other users. @Yohan, @publicduende, @MarcosZeitolaand @Voyager1: Winston has said PAG can stay if he behaves. So far he is receiving a warning for the disruption he's caused since his return. If he goes to minding his own business and you guys target him then you guys will get a warning instead. If PAG continues acting like a jerk I will ban him.

Now hopefully people can go back to posting things of substance like about travelling abroad or philosophy, religion or anything else that doesn't involve people shitslinging. That's all that's been going on here lately so I'm putting an end to it in a way that I think is fair and impartial.

GerardButler, you HAVE been a disruptive member since you came back! Your warning is justified. If you behave you can stay! But don't keep engaging in petty behaviour or I'll remove you from the forum like I did with Mercer.

Free speech is not licence to act like an asshole with impunity.

Thanks everyone.
@Pixel--Dude Thanks for acting on this. May I draw tour attention on the fact that the only non-disruptive, non-mocking posts coming from PAG and all of his sockpuppets, besides maybe Spencer and his mangled English, are always copy & paste from his Culture Jizz website. Perhaps a way to entice people to check out his latest genius contents.

It's abundantly clear that this troll doesn't have a life of his own, apart maybe slaving on a minimum wage job so he can spend a couple of weeks a year roaming among the girl bars of Cambodia or the Philippines, and will never contribute anything to this online community (or any other, for that matter).

If you cannot or are too busy to patrol the forum for trolls, it would be easy for any of us to do so. I have already seen another forum Member pointing you to a couple of suspiciously-named accounts which are probably PAG's backup sockpuppet accounts, ready to fire as soon as you ban his latest moniker.

I am starting to think that we will never get rid of this obnoxious troll. He is one of those rare people who God created for no other reason than being someone else's clown.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

publicduende wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 2:47 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 12:09 am
I'm getting sick of all this bullshit. @Winston has already said in the banning and warning board that he is not for or against PAG being here. So this is what is going to happen in this regard:

@GerardButler is going to receive a warning for his disruptive behaviour and for being a git in general and threatening the admin with his garbage threats. GerardButler, go back to posting about philosophical stuff like Nietzsche and disengage from this petty shitslinging contest with other users. Also stop making threats against the admin. Continuation in this behaviour will result in a ban.

Now hopefully people can go back to posting things of substance like about travelling abroad or philosophy, religion or anything else that doesn't involve people shitslinging. That's all that's been going on here lately so I'm putting an end to it in a way that I think is fair and impartial.

GerardButler, you HAVE been a disruptive member since you came back! Your warning is justified. If you behave you can stay! But don't keep engaging in petty behaviour or I'll remove you from the forum like I did with Mercer.

Free speech is not licence to act like an asshole with impunity.

Thanks everyone.
@Pixel--Dude Thanks for acting on this. May I draw tour attention on the fact that the only non-disruptive, non-mocking posts coming from PAG and all of his sockpuppets, besides maybe Spencer and his mangled English, are always copy & paste from his Culture Jizz website. Perhaps a way to entice people to check out his latest genius contents.

It's abundantly clear that this troll doesn't have a life of his own, apart maybe slaving on a minimum wage job so he can spend a couple of weeks a year roaming among the girl bars of Cambodia or the Philippines, and will never contribute anything to this online community (or any other, for that matter).

If you cannot or are too busy to patrol the forum for trolls, it would be easy for any of us to do so. I have already seen another forum Member pointing you to a couple of suspiciously-named accounts which are probably PAG's backup sockpuppet accounts, ready to fire as soon as you ban his latest moniker.

I am starting to think that we will never get rid of this obnoxious troll. He is one of those rare people who God created for no other reason than being someone else's clown.
Any sockpuppets need to have their posts verified by a moderator in order to participate in the forum. In the event of PAG getting a ban, any suspected sockpuppets would have their posts disapproved. Any sockpuppets that slipped the net would be immediately banned like what happened when Mercer made different accounts after his ban.

I agree that trolls and shitposters shouldn't be allowed to ruin the forum for people who want to have discussions on things. A little bit of disagreement and arguing is okay. But when it's constant abuse and shit flinging that shouldn't be allowed.

In the interest of being fair and leniency I want to give GerardButler a chance to be part of the community, but from now that is dependent on his behaviour. The same rule applies both ways though. If he behaves and people still target him then that isn't fair either. From now on anyone who doesn't like him should ignore him and report any harassment or shitty behaviour to the admin so it can be dealt with properly.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 2:56 am
In the interest of being fair and leniency I want to give GerardButler a chance to be part of the community, but from now that is dependent on his behaviour. The same rule applies both ways though. If he behaves and people still target him then that isn't fair either. From now on anyone who doesn't like him should ignore him and report any harassment or shitty behaviour to the admin so it can be dealt with properly.
I understand that you are looking for balance and fairness in your moderation decision. This would be well applied if this GerardButler were an unknown quantity. We know he's is Azn Shawn Alalah, notorious troll who has been littering the forum for years. After insulting defaming and even blackmailing almost every well-meaning member here, including myself, he has done no more no less than his previous 10 sock accounts - besides Spencer - have. There is no room for being surprised here.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

People, what that petty histrionic drama queen @Yohan fails to mention here was that he considered the banning of Mercer – a relentless troll who repeatedly went about stirring shit among other members and insulting people's family and girlfriends and then started spamming the shoutbox with bizarre comments about how HA is like North Korea run by "gook dictator" Winston and how he was supposedly being held here against his will and wanted his account deleted (so Pixel--Dude deleted his account) – "unfair" yet cries for PAG to be banned.

Now I'm not saying that PAG isn't disruptive at all and I can understand people's grievances with him but PAG still isn't as relentlessly disruptive as Mercer was being. The point is that Yohan employs a blatant double standard since he considers the banning of an extremely relentless troll who in the end voluntarily asked for his account to be deleted "unfair" while at the same time complaining about other trolls, one with whom he happens to have a personal beef with. :? One might suspect that Yohan simply wishes to take a shot at @Pixel--Dude. Yohan still seems to be upset that a newer member was made moderator despite his own "seniority". Yohan is petty like that.

Yohan is obviously one of the biggest drama queens on the forum. I make a serious thread about the future direction of the forum's moderation and this histrionic fool has to bring up old drama from another thread. He just can't help himself. I think that he fits right in with all of the drama that has been going on lately. :roll:

Now, as for PAG, I'm not "protective" of him by any means. I've always been neutral on the guy, even though one could make a case that his arrogant braggart posts might put other members off from the forum and his uploading other people's photos to the forum (e.g., publicduende's) might be going too far. I can see why some people want him gone.

PAG (@GerardButler), serious question: what do you want here?

Didn't you say that you wanted you own account deleted as well as some old posts on the forum that you consider slanderous against your person? Is that what you want?

If that's the case, then why can't we come to an agreement with @Winston? Winston agrees to delete those old posts, you leave, Pixel--Dude deletes your account and the people here who are upset with you are happy. Wouldn't this be the best solution for everybody?
Last edited by Lucas88 on April 11th, 2023, 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Wait, @publicduende is this true? Is @GerardButler posting your photograph here without your consent? Where did he get this photograph? Isn't this doxxing?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 3:16 am
Wait, @publicduende is this true? Is @GerardButler posting your photograph here without your consent? Where did he get this photograph? Isn't this doxxing?
Of course. dude. He has been doing it for years. Luckily, he only has a single picture of me alone and a single one of me and my wife C. I am not whining that much when it does, since it does it every time I point him to material HE HIMSELF posted on the public Internet.

On another recent post, he even openly implied that he could easily pay someone a few thousand dollars to have me whacked, as here in the Philippines this happens all the time.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

publicduende wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 3:55 am
On another recent post, he even openly implied that he could easily pay someone a few thousand dollars to have me whacked, as here in the Philippines this happens all the time.
And that threat merits a permanent ban.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Shemp wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 5:31 am
publicduende wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 3:55 am
And that threat merits a permanent ban.
Not in Weirdoland, Winstontown and Pixiland
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

I thought that Italian man photo was random stock image. Is it really Publicduende? Well Holy Sh*t.
But at least we know what PAG looks like since he plaster the forum with his image and post on youtube.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

GerardButler has gone too far and been banned as a result. He has the opportunity when he comes back next week to behave in a proper manner like a gentleman and not like some petulant little child. Any more from him and he'll face the same fate as Mercer. If he comes back and acts in a civil manner then others should either ignore him or only engage him when he's behaving like an adult.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

@Pixel--Dude
Good riddance. However, I doubt he will change. Too much showboating, and it seems he has an axe to grind with some of the members in the forum such as Yohan and Publicduende.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 6:31 am
I thought that Italian man photo was random stock image. Is it really Publicduende? Well Holy Sh*t.
But at least we know what PAG looks like since he plaster the forum with his image and post on youtube.
Yes, that photo is me. I am just an average-looking man and that photo is from a few years ago, a formal event (I was wearing a barong, a traditional Filipino long shirt). That PAG keeps posting the only photo he has of me, as if that could prove that I am too awkward or ugly to raise to his level, doesn't touch me in the slightest.

As you say, it's him who keeps littering the forum with posts full of useless braggadocio, mockery and insult. I have no beef against Tsar but must admit he is in a fragile state of mind and can be easily swayed. I feel more sorry for Tsar than for PAG, if he wants to genuinely take him as a role model. There are plenty of men, even on this very forum, he could look up to and learn something more valuable from, if he really wanted.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

publicduende wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 11:17 am
April 11th, 2023, 6:31 am
Yes, that photo is me. I am just an average-looking man and that photo is from a few years ago, a formal event (I was wearing a barong, a traditional Filipino long shirt). That PAG keeps posting the only photo he has of me, as if that could prove that I am too awkward or ugly to raise to his level, doesn't touch me in the slightest.

As you say, it's him who keeps littering the forum with posts full of useless braggadocio, mockery and insult. I have no beef against Tsar but must admit he is in a fragile state of mind and can be easily swayed. I feel more sorry for Tsar than for PAG, if he wants to genuinely take him as a role model. There are plenty of men, even on this very forum, he could look up to and learn something more valuable from, if he really wanted.
Your a good looking man. I don't see any problems.

I agree, PAG is a showboating funny troll, but Tsar, oh man, I think he is out of his mind even by HA standards. Never I seen threads so wacky, like "aborting 20%-40% male fetuses" and "PAG is a King". :lol:
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

April 11th, 2023, 11:29 am
Your a good looking man. I don't see any problems.

I agree, PAG is a showboating funny troll, but Tsar, oh man, I think he is out of his mind even by HA standards. Never I seen threads so wacky, like "aborting 20%-40% male fetuses" and "PAG is a King". :lol:
It might be because of age-driven mellowing, but I would take a softer, more paternal approach with the likes of Tsar. @MarcosZeitola knows him a lot better than me and, trusting his judgment, I believe when he says that Tsar is not a bad man.

He is just prey of his naive world view. He just needs to take some practical steps towards building himself up as a fully-functioning man and member of society. This, regardless of his views on society, sexuality, and marriage. Whether he is the US or Bulgaria, whether he is blue or black pilled, he cannot afford to live like a solitary shipwrecked guy on a desert island. He wises up, or he will succumb and hurt, the moment he gets out of his little mind bubble. His behaviour might be tolerable in a teenager. In a 30-something grown-ass man, it's worrying.