is this forum dead? lol

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
HenryGeorge
Freshman Poster

Re: is this forum dead? lol

Post by HenryGeorge »

This is nothing unusual, there are a lot of forums that are either gone or were once bustling places that are now like ghost towns from a western movie. Especially now with all the apps and social media stuff that you have these days
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

fschmidt wrote:
October 1st, 2023, 11:31 pm
:lol: excellent 👌
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

It depends on your definition of a dead forum and an alive forum. Technically, this forum has regular activity, even if the pool of posters is smaller than before. So no, technically it is not dead. Why do you even ask? You sound like someone who just wants to rant about something negative.

How come you guys are always so 99 percent negative about everything? There should be a balance here between positivity and negativity. It should not be 99 percent negative. At least it should be 30 or 40 percent positive. Otherwise the ying and yang are out of balance here. I'm not saying you should all be positive attitude junkies like Americans, but you should at least have some balance between extremes here. It's basic Taosim and metaphysics and hermeticism.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I am just back from Thailand and during my trips I hardly post any comments - I prefer to type using my computer with keyboard and fast optical fiber internet connection and not to use my fingers on an i-phone. Also good internet connection is not everywhere available.
----
This forum is not dead, but since many useless sockpuppet profiles were finally removed and some crazy people were banned the traffic is considerably down now. Another annoying issue is that this forum is frequently off-line for hours, sometimes even for days.
----
As mentioned by another poster, forums in general are declining, often closing down. Still HA is existing....

However also HA changed, I often see a list of active threads, but their topics do not interest me, like religious drivel, conspiracy and flat earth nonsense... now is very little stuff around (except some old threads) which is really on topics about 'How to move over to HappierAbroad' - to get on an airplane - long distance flight - and meet people in other countries, about relocation away from Western countries....

I have no intention to leave this forum for good and I was never banned here, but the number of my comments is surely much less than only a few years ago.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Epsilon99 wrote:
September 23rd, 2023, 2:54 pm
Yes, this forum is basically dead at this point other than a few regulars who continue posting but who knows how long that will even last. I'm new here and have been trying to get caught up on this forum and can see that it had much more activity in the past. Even Winston seems to have given up on it and only seems to post once in awhile when he's either defending himself against someone making a mean comment to him or literally talking to himself in one of the threads that he only posts and responds to.
Aren't you Rock? You used the words "wiseton" and "bossman" in other threads right? Your writing seems to fit Rock's too. If so, why don't you post under your own username? Come on.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
September 23rd, 2023, 9:42 pm
Yes.. this forum is dying a slow putrid death. I'm taking a "real hiatus" now not that anyone here cares, anyway.
It's been fun , but I'm really bored now since cornfed is gone. Bye guys. Sayonara.
Like I posted Corny is this site, not even Mr. Wu's singing can save this thing I don't think...
Time to Hide!