Should Admin Disable The Shoutbox?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should the shoutbox be disabled?

Yes. Let's make it as hard as possible for these trolls to keep harassing the forum.
57%
No. The shoutbox is a useful tool for members who aren't trash to exchange valuable information.
43%

Total votes: 14
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: Should Admin Disable The Shoutbox?

Post by Pixel--Dude »

@Winston do you think we should shut the shoutbox down so that only approved members can interact on the forum?

An ideal solution would be a kind of chat feature that only approved members can use, but since no feature exists trolls are using the shoutbox to harass the forum with their relentless bullshit! When I say trolls I am of course talking about that cancerous tumour of a human in control of the Mercer sockpuppet account.

What do you think @fschmidt? Should we just get rid of it?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
November 12th, 2023, 11:09 am
What do you think @fschmidt? Should we just get rid of it?
I never use it, so I don't care about it.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
We are going to have to temporarily shut down the Shoutbox since the Mercer spammers are back and abusing it and there's no way to block them from doing so. Sorry about that.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Winston wrote:
November 13th, 2023, 12:35 pm
Hi all,
We are going to have to temporarily shut down the Shoutbox since the Mercer spammers are back and abusing it and there's no way to block them from doing so. Sorry about that.
Well that just plain out sucks...I generally use it just to quick post something if I don't feel like making a thread...Poor decision.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
November 13th, 2023, 2:00 pm
Winston wrote:
November 13th, 2023, 12:35 pm
Hi all,
Well that just plain out sucks...I generally use it just to quick post something if I don't feel like making a thread...Poor decision.
It does f***ing suck, but that's what happens when you have a good thing and a cunt like Mercer comes along and f***s it all up. I don't see why the shoutbox should remain if trolls like him are just going to post vile shit in it every couple of weeks. Hopefully with the shoutbox gone he'll get bored and f**k off.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@Pixel--Dude

I looked in the Permission settings in the Admin Panel and there is a setting to disable posting in the Shoutbox for newly registered members. So I switched that off. Would that solve the problem? I also raised the newly registered status to 5 posts. How many posts does this Mercer troll have now? Is it under 5? If so he cannot post in the Shoutbox. I suppose he could make 5 legitimate posts first to get out of newly registered members. What do you think?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Winston wrote:
November 13th, 2023, 3:42 pm
@Pixel--Dude

I looked in the Permission settings in the Admin Panel and there is a setting to disable posting in the Shoutbox for newly registered members. So I switched that off. Would that solve the problem? I also raised the newly registered status to 5 posts. How many posts does this Mercer troll have now? Is it under 5? If so he cannot post in the Shoutbox. I suppose he could make 5 legitimate posts first to get out of newly registered members. What do you think?
That's an excellent solution Winston! Now we can get shut of the vermin filling the shoutbox. He'll have to go to the effort of making new accounts and 5 approved posts before he can spam the shoutbox in future. :lol:
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
November 14th, 2023, 3:52 pm
He'll have to go to the effort of making new accounts and 5 approved posts before he can spam the shoutbox in future. :lol:
Perfect. Just never approve any accounts with weird incel talking points, using incel buzzwords, and we'll be all set. Should be relatively easy.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
November 15th, 2023, 3:07 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
November 14th, 2023, 3:52 pm
He'll have to go to the effort of making new accounts and 5 approved posts before he can spam the shoutbox in future. :lol:
Perfect. Just never approve any accounts with weird incel talking points, using incel buzzwords, and we'll be all set. Should be relatively easy.
Best solution but it seems it does not work, some setting is maybe not correct.
See shoutbox and profile (Samumini)
memberlist.php?style=1&mode=viewprofile&u=76235

---

I am however strongly against to disable the shoutbox, to do so is basically a surrender to trolls.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

I agree with the trolls that they should be given a personal thread rather than banned.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

I think they are just hardcore bored as hell. I mean Mercer keeps coming back, repeating the same attention starving nonsense to get Pixel--Dude's attention. And never once tries not to irritate him. He WANTS to get banned, its practically intentional.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Shemp wrote:
November 16th, 2023, 6:41 pm
I agree with the trolls that they should be given a personal thread rather than banned.
I don't agree. These cunts aren't so special that they deserve their own threads to talk shit in. Why should we give in to the whims of assholes and trolls? I say keep banning.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
November 16th, 2023, 9:19 pm
Shemp wrote:
I don't agree. These cunts aren't so special that they deserve their own threads to talk shit in. Why should we give in to the whims of assholes and trolls? I say keep banning.
Just let @Winston delete the chatbox altogether, it keeps getting spammed by brand new accounts even when they do not have any approved posts yet...
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
November 16th, 2023, 10:17 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:
November 16th, 2023, 9:19 pm
Shemp wrote:
Just let @Winston delete the chatbox altogether, it keeps getting spammed by brand new accounts even when they do not have any approved posts yet...
I agree. f**k the shoutbox. If the proposed alternative doesn't work then the shoutbox should just be removed and we'll have to create a new topic category with a single thread for general chit chat or something until we can find some software which only enables registered users to use the shoutbox.

What do you think @Winston?

I don't think we should agree to Mercer's terms either or let his toxic ass anywhere near the forum, even if its for him to talk to himself in his own thread like he wanted. f**k him! If he wants to talk to someone he can talk to the cockroaches in his RV, they're probably more kindred spirits to him anyway :lol:
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
November 17th, 2023, 2:15 pm
I agree. f**k the shoutbox. If the proposed alternative doesn't work then the shoutbox should just be removed and we'll have to create a new topic category with a single thread for general chit chat or something until we can find some software which only enables registered users to use the shoutbox.

What do you think @Winston?

I don't think we should agree to Mercer's terms either or let his toxic ass anywhere near the forum, even if its for him to talk to himself in his own thread like he wanted. f**k him! If he wants to talk to someone he can talk to the cockroaches in his RV, they're probably more kindred spirits to him anyway :lol:
Yeah, lets see @Winston disable shoutbox already. Until the shoutbox is gone, I will be, too. Kinda done with the site tbh. I don't really see the point in posting on a place where psychos like Rock/Mercer/Spencer/PAG can just go in the shoutbox and actually gloat over the deaths of beloved forum members and shit-talk our families. It's just not enjoyable anymore.

Too much mental illness, too many crazies, too little interest from Winston in combatting the madness. It's tiresome to try and care.