Anything we can emulate from this competitor site?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Anything we can emulate from this competitor site?

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Have you all seen our competitor site below?

http://www.globaldatingrevolution.com
http://www.globaldatingrevolution.com/blog

If so, do you see anything on there that we should be emulating here? There are some nice flashy marketing graphics on there it seems.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rudderless
Freshman Poster

Post by Rudderless »

1) This guy is obviously attempting to sell a book. Therefore it completely lacks a sense of verisimility. Although your site has products to sell and an income stream for you, it also comes across as informational and a location to gather said info. (It also paints a very rosey picture but that is another topic.)

2) That site does have a much better visual appeal. You should totally consider making your site more polished visually.

3) His forum is hidden on the site through a second link. Again, his focus is selling his book. In a atmosphere like this one, I believe you're better off letting the quality of your site build trust. Therefore selling your product on the back end, after a user gets a bit more info. This said, I would push your product a bit harder. Make it more obvious yet more subtle too. (Make the banner link to both products and forums / comparison charts / etc.)

4) Your home page is a bit daunting with all the links and such. His is clear and concise. You may consider categorizing a bit more. Just don't make it seem like all you're offering are products of some sort. Keep the free information / paid information feel. (ie forums, comparison charts, etc.)

IMHO always. I could be wrong.

Rudderless
Rudderless
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Good points Rudderless.

When I visit his site, I also get the impression that he is pushing his ebook hard, as if the primary purpose of the site is to sell his ebook. Some will find that a turn off, but for others, it will work and they will buy it.

This site on the other hand, gives out a ton of free content and builds trust. From the beginning of the home page, I've set it up so that you get the feel that our mission is Truth and Sharing. The selling of ebooks is a byproduct of that which comes later. So I definitely wanted to build trust first by sharing lots of free content that impresses the intellect of the reader.

After all, I myself would prefer to have something appeal to my intellect first, rather than prey upon my emotions. So that's how I would also want to appeal to others first.

Thus, that is why this forum has attracted the more intelligent, freethinking, truth-seeking type of person.

The commercial graphics on the Global Dating Revolution site may be more slick and polished, and more commercially geared, but it sort of appeals more to the "lower senses" doesn't it? That does work with some people of course. But this site is designed to appeal more to the intellect, which was my intention in designing it, and thus, we have attracted truth seeking intellectual type of guys here, as you can see.

Furthermore, his ebook sells at nearly $50, and I don't think that that's a fair price for an ebook. Since I'm a frugal person who doesn't like to pay too much for things, I also don't like to charge too much either. So I am consistent in that sense. I do unto others as I would want to have done unto me. That's my basic principle.

That being said, I'm not sure if making my home page more concise is a good idea. Yeah the way it is now has many links and parts. But if I made it more concise, then I'd have to remove a lot of important stuff and it'd be hard to decide what to take out. To me, it's all important, so I try to organize it on the front page. I'd like to think that the content on there is interesting, not boring, anyway, and thus should hold the reader's attention, if they are interested. Every part of the home page has a purpose. Besides, the pretty woman in the dating ads should make it visually appealing anyway :)

Any thoughts on the above?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

It looks like another glossy marketing site selling a fantasy - go abroad and hot women will be chasing you - ya sure, that's all there is to it. This forum keeps it real.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Hire some Filipino programmers to redo it for you. It seems that is what he did. There is a blatant grammar error that all Filipinos make at the top. The guy can't even double check his own website of retarded grammar errors?

Come on, Coming soon ON paperback....
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr S wrote:Hire some Filipino programmers to redo it for you. It seems that is what he did. There is a blatant grammar error that all Filipinos make at the top. The guy can't even double check his own website of retarded grammar errors?

Why would I need some programmers to redo my home page? What do you suggest the home page look like instead of the way it is now? I don't think any part of the home page is superfluous. Everything said on there is direct, to the point, and concise already, isn't it?

If you look at his ebook, it is filled with scores of grammar errors. For some reason, he didn't edit it before publishing it. I don't know why. Perhaps he did so in his new version.

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Winston wrote:
Mr S wrote:Hire some Filipino programmers to redo it for you. It seems that is what he did. There is a blatant grammar error that all Filipinos make at the top. The guy can't even double check his own website of retarded grammar errors?

Why would I need some programmers to redo my home page? What do you suggest the home page look like instead of the way it is now? I don't think any part of the home page is superfluous. Everything said on there is direct, to the point, and concise already, isn't it?

If you look at his ebook, it is filled with scores of grammar errors. For some reason, he didn't edit it before publishing it. I don't know why. Perhaps he did so in his new version.
I'm being facetious...

Anyways, any educated person could discern that he isn't educated himself. I also wouldn't buy a product that had numerous simple grammar and editing mistakes. Shows your not serious regarding what you are doing, especially if it is costing people money. There shouldn't be any excuse for that in today's world of grammar and spell checker.... (Even though you still need to understand that these programs make mistakes also)
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Hey winston i for one have bought the book many months ago and i thought it was a good read. It got me aware of the differences of western and foreign women because of many different reasons. For example like the GDP, sex ratios and lack of feminism/obesity that are present in foreign countries.

The benefits of dating foreign women are exposed very accurately. The main author talks about his experiences of being single in new jersey and one trip to his native Bolivia was enough for him to forget about american women and focuse on global dating. He talks a lot about South American women, barely about the Phillipines and Russia.

I found it to be a good-ebook because i didn't know much on the subject at the time. The book helped me realize why i was getting more dates (with better looking women) in the Dominican Republic than i was here in New York.

For most of you here in the forum don't buy it because there's almost nothing there , that you don't already know about foreign women.
I would recommend it for someone who's new on the subject and needs a good analysis of western women vs foreign women. It helped me
Marcus Aurelius
Freshman Poster

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Winston, his website is all right. But if you ask me, it lacks substance and as another poster noted, it has grammatical errors throughout. It really does seem like he is just mainly plugging his book.

The key difference really is content. On this site you have access to all sorts of articles and testimonies, as well as this forum. What I read in all your free sections was really influential and helpful with my own choice to go abroad. I'll take substance any day.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

His site is has a different focus. It is strictly dating abroad. Your focus is much more broad and that is how life differs for men when they are abroad to include dating, socializing, living, relating to others, etc.

Your site is my choice because I am past the stage of just trying to meet girls.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

well-informed wrote:Hey winston i for one have bought the book many months ago and i thought it was a good read. It got me aware of the differences of western and foreign women because of many different reasons. For example like the GDP, sex ratios and lack of feminism/obesity that are present in foreign countries.

The benefits of dating foreign women are exposed very accurately. The main author talks about his experiences of being single in new jersey and one trip to his native Bolivia was enough for him to forget about american women and focuse on global dating. He talks a lot about South American women, barely about the Phillipines and Russia.

I found it to be a good-ebook because i didn't know much on the subject at the time. The book helped me realize why i was getting more dates (with better looking women) in the Dominican Republic than i was here in New York.

For most of you here in the forum don't buy it because there's almost nothing there , that you don't already know about foreign women.
I would recommend it for someone who's new on the subject and needs a good analysis of western women vs foreign women. It helped me
I agree that it is a good book worth reading and makes a lot of good important and useful points, especially for the newbie. But it is way overpriced at $47 (how come that didn't stop you?) and contains too many spelling/grammar errors which looks sloppy, and the website pushes it too much from the get go. The site is flashy and polished with nice templates, but the content is limited.

well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

I guess all that flashiness and sex sells. After i read it i was so impressed that i didn't even care about the price honestly.

A had a lot of these "aha" moments as i was reading it