The Middle East is a terrible place to be!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Africa or the Middle East.
Mercury
Junior Poster

The Middle East is a terrible place to be!

Post by Mercury »

Only someone who enjoys violence (gang bangers, people who party to rap/hip hop music, terrorists, etc) would dare to venture to the Middle East. Not to mention people who prefer to worship a fake, phony god like Allah. The Middle East is a terrible place for anyone, man or woman, to visit in many ways.

-The Middle East is in a state of war. Terrorist attacks are a minutely occurance. Anyone who has lived in Detroit or Chicago and experienced/witnessed gang shootings hasn't seen anything like the war in the Middle East. In the Middle East, flying bullets are the least of your worries when you're hearing whistling, incoming mortars capable of blowing a cement building to smithereens every ten minutes or so. Detonations of IEDs capable of blowing a vehicle to pieces are also very common; one moment you're driving down the road, even doing 50 miles an hour, and the next moment boom! your vehicle is blown to pieces, it slides to a halt in flames and all mangled beyond recognition, and you're stranded without any hope of rescue.

-The Middle East has the toughest dress codes in the world. They don't care if it's 120 degrees outside and feels like 200 in the burning hot desert sun, they require you to wear heavy, long clothing that covers you from the cheeks all the way to the ground. Shorts, short sleeve shirts, and a lack of any head covering is strictly forbidden and will get you arrested. Anyone who has been to the Middle East has surely seen women in those long black abayas and men in those heavy thoubs and a turban. And such clothing I am sure gets burning hot when in the direct sunlight.

-Islamic law forbids men from mingling with unrelated women and women from mingling with unrelated men. They will arrest anyone who mingles with any person of the opposite gender who is not closely related to them. Also, merely pointing a camera in the direction of people, even if you are in a crowd, will get you arrested. The Middle East is very closed when it comes to pictures, and taking pictures and/or videos in the Middle East is actually a sure way to get yourself arrested and charged with espionage and/or treason.

-Islamic law may be mostly based on the laws of the Bible, most specifically the Old Testament, but Islamic law forbids worshipping anything other than that fake, phony god "Allah." And Allah is really just a fake, man made god that serves no purpose whatsoever. Jesus is a real God. And Jesus is the one to worship and pray to. Unfortunately, worshipping Jesus or anything other than Allah will get you arrested and reportedly sentenced to death.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Middle East is a terrible place to be!

Post by yick »

Have you ever been there?
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

yick wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 7:33 pm
Have you ever been there?
Rick Steves has but Mercury is a wimpy nerd.

https://community.ricksteves.com/travel ... iddle-east

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

It must be horrible to hate your own country as much as you do but to despise other countries you know nothing about.

All you can offer is wikitravel links - it's sad you're wasting your life in fear, cowardice and hate.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

yick wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 3:25 am
It must be horrible to hate your own country as much as you do but to despise other countries you know nothing about.

All you can offer is wikitravel links - it's sad you're wasting your life in fear, cowardice and hate.
Just out of curiosity, yick, but what exactly did Mercury do to deserve such strong animosity? I haven't followed much of his postings and never really noticed him as a contributor to this site, but he also didn't stand out as particularly loathsome yet, either. What's up with this guy, what sort of person is behind the screen name? Enlighten me lol.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 3:54 am
yick wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 3:25 am

Just out of curiosity, yick, but what exactly did Mercury do to deserve such strong animosity? I haven't followed much of his postings and never really noticed him as a contributor to this site, but he also didn't stand out as particularly loathsome yet, either. What's up with this guy, what sort of person is behind the screen name? Enlighten me lol.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=37508&start=210

This...

He is on the same page as Dan Silly if you get my drift...
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

yick wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 4:01 am
He is on the same page as Dan Silly if you get my drift...
I think even Dan is more sensible because Dan doesn't write bad reviews for businesses where he was asked not to harass the women and Dan makes some stupid threads but he doesn't make trip reports for places he's never been!

Are there classes for social rejects like Mercury/traveller? Is there a way to rehabilitate people like that and show them how to be well-adjusted adults or is he a lost cause?