Real IRAN 🇮🇷 What The Western Media Don't Tell You About IRAN!!! ایران

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Africa or the Middle East.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Real IRAN 🇮🇷 What The Western Media Don't Tell You About IRAN!!! ایران

Post by Yohan »

It is a very long time ago, when I visited Iran but only up to Tabris, never been in Tehran.
I have to say, the impression was quite good. But this was about 50 years ago.

I was first in Turkey, made a trip just from one city to the next on, from Istanbul to Izmir, Ankara, Adana, Diyarbakir, Van and continued a bit over the border. But in Van was a big earthquake and all there was a huge chaos... plenty of poor people.

But I know also one man from my native country, who was living in Tehran for about 2 years for business and another one, who went there with the family just as a tourist and the general comment was 'it's a somehow strange country but very interesting for sightseeing, just take a look...'

I met also Iranian young people in Japan and in Thailand, could talk with them and my impression about them was good. They were very open-minded, talkative, and they all told me the same - for vacation to visit Iran as a foreigner, all OK - but if you live there as a local, you feel the pressure from this religious government, too many restriction about morality and communication between men and women is not so easy.
They also told me, not everybody in Iran is a Muslim however, don't worry to travel in all Iran even if you are not a Muslim.

They also confirmed to me that Iran is really not an expensive country for tourism, but very cold during wintertime.
You can afford to book hotels in a good clean area, best meals, cheap transport - it is quite safe there and people are in general honest and not hostile against foreigners.

This is a video about Tabris now, I do not recognize anything there of course anymore. I do not know how is life in Iran now,
but from what Iranian people told me, life is not that bad ....

galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

@Yohan

Iran seems to be basically another version of Turkey. The difference is in Turkey women can show their hair and in touristic beaches go around in thongs.

Iran is more cultivated people are more educated and read more books. I met 2 dutch guys in the Philippines they were in Iran and they loved it. The people are the nicest in the world they said.

Going around is very cheap gas prices there are like nothing.

Here at the park they play table tennis at minute 30.00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOgMQfnMKu4

Thanks to the US Iran is affordable otherwise it would be another rich oil country.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this Rick Steves travel video in Iran. He talks to a lot of young girls and college girls in this episode. They look friendly and not stuck up or spoiled or paranoid. Of course he isn't allowed to date any of them since Muslim laws are strict, but they look talkative and friendly it seems. Iran looks exotic too. Even though it's strict, at least it's not degenerate or spoiled or soulless like America is. What do you think @galii? Are girls in Turkey this friendly and innocent and approachable too?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
November 23rd, 2023, 12:57 pm
Wow check out this Rick Steves travel video in Iran. He talks to a lot of young girls and college girls in this episode. They look friendly and not stuck up or spoiled or paranoid. Of course he isn't allowed to date any of them since Muslim laws are strict, but they look talkative and friendly it seems. Iran looks exotic too. Even though it's strict, at least it's not degenerate or spoiled or soulless like America is. What do you think @galii? Are girls in Turkey this friendly and innocent and approachable too?
This is not really true in Iran, nobody in Iran is obliged to cover the face and you can talk to everybody in any public area, including any talk between a man and a woman, if you keep a distance of about 1 meter.

You can see this also in the video what you posted in your comment above.

However private rooms are a different issue, you must be legally married by Iranian law if you share rooms as a man with a female who is not a family member.

This applies even to foreigners, even in case if the couple are not Muslims and both are foreign citizens - however a marriage certificate is easy to obtain in Iran in such a case and has legal binding only in Iran.

Iran is not Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan. There are for example many more women in universities in Iran than men. Much more open-minded people there compared to other Muslim countries. And BTW, do not expect Iran to be 'feminist-free'.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

galii wrote:
November 23rd, 2023, 9:35 am
Thanks to the US Iran is affordable otherwise it would be another rich oil country.
Rich Iran? I don't think so, and it has less to do with USA, but simply with the fact that Iran has almost 90 million people and not so much oil and other resources, a lot of the petroleum production is used up within the own country. Not so much left for export....

It's a strange country, a strange culture, but for sure other countries are worse....It's not right and fair of Western media to show only the negative side of Iran solely because of political consideration.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Yohan wrote:
November 23rd, 2023, 7:09 pm
galii wrote:
November 23rd, 2023, 9:35 am
Rich Iran? I don't think so, and it has less to do with USA, but simply with the fact that Iran has almost 90 million people and not so much oil and other resources, a lot of the petroleum production is used up within the own country. Not so much left for export....

It's a strange country, a strange culture, but for sure other countries are worse....It's not right and fair of Western media to show only the negative side of Iran solely because of political consideration.
The shah said and expected before he had to leave the country that Iran will be quite a wealthy country.

Google AI:
Estimating the total financial losses Iran has incurred due to sanctions and embargos since the 1979 revolution, including the Iran-Iraq War, is a challenging task due to the extended period and the evolving nature of sanctions. However, various studies and estimates provide insights into the cumulative impact.

One study by the National Iranian American Council (NIAC) estimated that the total cost of sanctions on Iran's economy from 1979 to 2016 was between $1 trillion and $2 trillion. This includes both direct and indirect costs, such as lost oil revenue, reduced foreign investment, and increased expenses for circumventing sanctions.

Another study by the Iranian Ministry of Economy and Finance estimated that sanctions caused Iran a loss of $1.5 trillion in oil revenue between 1996 and 2016. This figure highlights the significant impact of sanctions on Iran's oil exports, a crucial sector of the economy.

The Iran-Iraq War (1980-1988) also contributed to Iran's economic woes. The war's direct costs were estimated at around $600 billion, and the indirect costs, including infrastructure damage and lost economic opportunities, were likely much higher.

In addition to the direct economic losses, sanctions have also had a broader impact on Iranian society. They have contributed to unemployment, inflation, and a decline in living standards. Sanctions have also restricted Iran's access to essential goods and services, including medicines and humanitarian aid.

While the precise financial losses Iran has suffered due to sanctions and embargos are difficult to quantify, it is evident that the economic impact has been substantial and long-lasting. The cumulative costs have affected Iran's economy and society for decades.