India Sucks! Don't Ever Come Here

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Africa or the Middle East.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

India Sucks! Don't Ever Come Here

Post by Taco »

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Re: India Sucks! Don't Ever Come Here

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Taco wrote:
December 19th, 2023, 12:14 am
I quite enjoyed watching that, post some more like this.
Its better than the boring doomsday stuff that's for sure. But a lot of his videos is about Japan...Lame. I'd rather hear
about other countries he's been to. Japan was okay in the 90s but Japan today, bleh I rather not hear anything about them.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Is that a video of you, Taco?

I was curious what the bathroom was like in that hotel, if it had its own or some kind of access to a shared space.

My concern with the vegetable juice is if the carrots or whatever that was were sitting in tap water (or worse). The amounts you'd get might be miniscule. If I ordered food in Indonesia, I wouldn't eat raw vegetables unless I had potable water to wash it in. I'd ask how they treated the raw vegetables at Korean restaurants there, and they'd tell me if they washed them in bottled water or boiled water. Koreans seemed more careful about water in Indonesia than in their own country, where I think they often wash vegetables in tap water. There is a germ-killing solution they could use as a vegetable wash. It's those little things, like ingesting miniscule amounts of non-potable water, that can cause digestive problems.

I don't miss vendors swarming around me. Bali was had for that. I went on a tour, and our bus stopped at a place with a restaurant and vendors across from a volcano that was mainly inactive. I'd walk on the sidewalk. Aggressive children would try to sell me overpriced pencils with cartoon heads carved and colored on the end of them. I had no use for that, so I said no, and walked in the road around them. Then they'd walk in the road around me, get in front of me, blocking my path again trying to sell their wares. I'd have to get in the road. This was on a mountain top so you couldn't see if cars would come and I was concerned that either myself or the children would get hurt. I wondered where the parents were. There were some pencil hustlers at a fruit stand, and I wondered why the vendor didn't run them off. Then I found out it was the vendors kids. At one stop, a mob of kids chased another expat like they were zombies. They were trying to sell the pencils for $2 apiece, but the expat negotiated through the window or cracked door of the vehicle to buy the whole stack for that price and they left him alone.

In Jakarta, vendors will yell at you at bus stops, but I never saw them block my path. I did see that a little with a bunch of begging children after the Monetary Crisis. But governor Ahok got rid of illegal street vending and panhandling.

Even if you stop 20 feet away at a food stall at the mall and just look at the menu, the cashier won't leave you alone. They see you are looking, but still ask if they can take your order. I am used to it, but I appreciate Americans giving you your space and giving you time to decide what you want. They also try to waive you over to their food stall in Indonesia. I'm thinking, I'm not going to buy your boring-looking food just because you waived at me.

It's kind of entertaining to wonder around a busy city like that in some other part of the world, just walk up to a goat butcher, like you did, and stuff like that. But once you've seen it, it can get kind of old.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

MrMan wrote:
December 19th, 2023, 12:29 pm
Koreans seemed more careful about water in Indonesia than in their own country, where I think they often wash vegetables in tap water. There is a germ-killing solution they could use as a vegetable wash. It's those little things, like ingesting miniscule amounts of non-potable water, that can cause digestive problems.
Tap water has all kinds of shit and chemicals in it. People put all kinds of nasty things down their drains. I'm about to stop brushing my teeth with the tap water and use bottled water.

Even when showering, I'm not opening my mouth to let any of that nasty chemical laced water in my mouth.

I hate life. I hate people. I love Vietnam. I love Thailand. There's only a few countries in the world that are the last places on earth where you can be free and peaceful and live in serenity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

kangarunner wrote:
December 19th, 2023, 2:14 pm
MrMan wrote:
Koreans seemed more careful about water in Indonesia than in their own country, where I think they often wash vegetables in tap water. There is a germ-killing solution they could use as a vegetable wash. It's those little things, like ingesting miniscule amounts of non-potable water, that can cause digestive problems.
Tap water has all kinds of shit and chemicals in it. People put all kinds of nasty things down their drains. I'm about to stop brushing my teeth with the tap water and use bottled water.

Even when showering, I'm not opening my mouth to let any of that nasty chemical laced water in my mouth.

I hate life. I hate people. I love Vietnam. I love Thailand. There's only a few countries in the world that are the last places on earth where you can be free and peaceful and live in serenity.
I don't think Vietnam or any country is truly free, there's a lot of corruption there too. One of my security advisors was in the Navy and he been to all the Asian countries except for Japan and North Korea. But he use to tell me a lot of stories about Asia, that's where he met his wife at, but he met her in Cambodia, then one girl that was pretending to be his daughter because his wife couldn't have kids, scammed and conned him almost out of $20,000. His wife told him numerous times to stop sending money to the girl, but he was depressed about his wife not being able to have a child so he started treating this 20 something year old girl like she was his daughter, she was conning him out of $200 a month then she tried to get even more than that. So yeah man, Asia isn't really all paradise.

Most countries suck ass in general.
Those who are crossing our borders haven't experienced the downfall yet because for now, they are getting "free" shit the only people who are affected by all of this are every day people like myself.

For some people like that guy covering India, I've seen some documentaries where people went there and seemed like they weren't really bothered by life in India being dirty and such. So I guess different people just experience certain places differently than others. I use to hear the saying "Everything is fun in Philippines" Then I see all these video documentaries of begging kids everywhere, scammers and how much poverty there is in that country. You might as well stay in the U.S. if you're going to travel to another piss poor country where people live in squalled like conditions. When people do retire, generally they might live in an area that isn't poor in a lot of these countries. But a vast majority of Asian countries are just as corrupt as America is. They just aren't starting wars with everyone like America is doing. But all first world Asian countries are in decline while life in the second and third world Asian countries hasn't changed much at all.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

kangarunner wrote:
December 19th, 2023, 2:14 pm
MrMan wrote:

I generally brushed my teeth with bottled water or at least boiled or filtered water when I was in Indonesia.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
December 19th, 2023, 3:35 pm
OMG......I'm done....responding to anything like this.....forever. I don't even know how to respond to that.

WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

kangarunner wrote:
December 20th, 2023, 11:08 pm
December 19th, 2023, 3:35 pm
OMG......I'm done....responding to anything like this.....forever. I don't even know how to respond to that.
Well don't then, if you're so happy where you are why do you keep mentioning America for?
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

December 20th, 2023, 11:11 pm
Well don't then, if you're so happy where you are why do you keep mentioning America for?
Because I'm still tethered to that shithole to make money. I still need that ratshit economy to make me money which is my only source of income right now.

WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

kangarunner wrote:
December 20th, 2023, 11:13 pm
December 20th, 2023, 11:11 pm
Because I'm still tethered to that shithole to make money. I still need that ratshit economy to make me money which is my only source of income right now.
Then that means everywhere is shit then if you have to rely on America still. Just as I said.
What will you do when the dollar is useless? There is a saying that goes once the West goes, everywhere else goes.
Almost half the world relies on U.S. currency. When it fails completely, they'll have no choice but to depend on BRICS or who ever is running that shit, which will most likely be China.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

December 20th, 2023, 11:16 pm
Then that means everywhere is shit then if you have to rely on America still. Just as I said.
What will you do when the dollar is useless? There is a saying that goes once the West goes, everywhere else goes.
Almost half the world relies on U.S. currency. When it fails completely, they'll have no choice but to depend on BRICS or who ever is running that shit, which will most likely be China.
If it comes down to it, I'll sleep on the beach in Da Nang in a tent and eat bread every day for 10,000 VND. .41 cents

WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

kangarunner wrote:
December 20th, 2023, 11:23 pm
December 20th, 2023, 11:16 pm
If it comes down to it, I'll sleep on the beach in Da Nang in a tent and eat bread every day for 10,000 VND. .41 cents
Well I wasn't trying to make you angry or feel bad. I was just saying that a vast majority of the world is just entering this end of the line mood. People fleeing from country to country and finding out that shit is no better or different where they are but either worse or the same from where they came from. Right now people are flooding into the U.S. because the GOV is just giving away shit they can't afford to keep giving out, all of this to keep people voting when voting is so damn pointless anyway. The only way to live well is to have a decent income and if you have that then you can afford to live in a decent area and it'll feel as though you don't notice any of the issues going on in the world. For people like me who have so little, I could be living in the cheapest country right now and I'd still feel like the world is ending even if I had the means to ignore it or could live where I didn't notice it. Not all the available ass and sex in the world can make me forget what's happening, and it's global...As long as the West keeps doing stupid shit, they hurt everyone else everywhere. Which is why they lost a few people that even considered them allies at some point. Anyway Im going to sleep, my bad if I ruined your day.