Happy New Year from Mangaf, Kuwait

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Africa or the Middle East.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Happy New Year from Mangaf, Kuwait

Post by ladislav »

Happy New Year to all of you from the Middle East.

Here I go again, back to the sand mines. Been here 10 days now, just "celebrated" the New Year alone. Climbed on top of my apartment building. At midnight the visibility is poor- the sand storm is whining all around. Just some bright lights in the distance is all you can see. It is almost like a white Christmas, but it is not snow.
There is no recession here, no economic downturn, no joblessness, no homelessness. The government gives its people all they want.

Anyway, I am gonna crash soon and happy new year again!
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Kunold
Freshman Poster

Post by Kunold »

Happy New Year Ladislav

"Climbed on top of my apartment building. At midnight the visibility is poor- the sand storm is whining all around. Just some bright lights in the distance is all you can see. It is almost like a white Christmas, but it is not snow." So surreal sounding
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Wow! Ladisav! Talk about an experience. Life abroad realy can be an adventure!
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Yup, imagine what it looks like from a tall building overlooking the neighborhood. I have found these ones on google and thank you all the photographers who have been in the same situations for sharing

Silent night, lonely night.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Happy New Year Ladislav! Look forward to another year of your expat wisdom and knowledge!

Wow that's a sandstorm? How do you go outside in that? Do you have to wear glasses or cover your eyes?

Is it warm there?

What do people do in the ME for New Year's?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The temperature is some 15 degrees centigrade. 60+ Fahrenheit.

This is a Muslim land so no Christian New Year is celebrated, they are on a different calendar. Only Western expats do but there are very few of them.
There were some firecrackers popping, maybe 7-8 that I heard by some local Christians who are mainly from Egypt/India, etc.
Now you know why Arabs wear the headdress they wear- to cover the mouth and the face during the storms.
Generally, some people would cover the mouth but eyeglasses are useless, the dust is very fine, you cant see it near you. Kind of like the smog in LA. Most people just go from office to home to stores and back home. Long walks are not common.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Terrence wrote:Wow! Ladisav! Talk about an experience. Life abroad realy can be an adventure!
Thanks, well, for me there is no "abroad". I am at the point where the world is my home and I just have different "bases" on the planet each one providing me with what I need. Now is the time to "recharge" as my funds are almost running on "empty". I had fun spending my money, so I guess I should have fun refilling the bank account. So far, it's been "fun" listening to the howl of the sands and watching whitecaps on the Persian Gulf.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Kuwait has been in a race with Dubai and Abu Dhabi to build more tall buildings. Also, the people are much nicer and more humble- they now work and a Kuwaitization program is on the way. There are fewer young thugs on the prowl to make trouble than before.

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Awesome pics man!
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

beautiful pics
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -