Do people age slower in colder climates?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Winston
Site Admin

Do people age slower in colder climates?

Post by Winston »

Doesn't this make sense? Meat decays slower when it's frozen. So wouldn't it follow then that people age slower in colder climates? Have you noticed such a pattern?

http://www.longevity-and-antiaging-secr ... aging.html
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Do people age slower in colder climates?

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Doesn't this make sense? Meat decays slower when it's frozen. So wouldn't it follow then that people age slower in colder climates? Have you noticed such a pattern?

http://www.longevity-and-antiaging-secr ... aging.html
I don't know about this. Average life expediencies maybe longer in many of the more temperate or even cold countries. But I've always thought that was due to higher standard of living. For example, Singapore which is hard-core tropical has the world's 4th highest human life expectancy.

When it comes to apparent aging (how old an average person looks at a given age), it's more complicated.

First, different races and ethicities seem to age somewhat differently on the surface. Many northern European ancestry whites have thinner, drier, and more sun sensitive skin. They are generally more prone to wrinkling and sometimes facial fat loss leading to a haggard appearance. NE Asians have thicker skin but they often have oil and pore problems. They also have lower bone and muscle density which contributes to an aged appearance by middle years. Blacks, in spite of having generally lower life expectancies, have thickest and most sun resistant skin plus highest bone and muscle density. So often, a middle aged black person will look quite youthful relative to northern European whites or even NE Asians. Black women do have a tendency to get overweight but if they can avoid this, they sometimes look very good.

As for weather itself, sun is generally bad for your skin. It accelerates apparent aging and also causes oil glands to secrete more enlarging pore size over time. But a cold dry climate with lots of wind ages skin too, by drying it out and cracking it. Some people living in temperate climates find they look a lot older in winter due to skin dryness. So people should compensate for whatever climate they live in. If you live in sunny tropical, use sunscreen, umbrella, covering, or just avoidance from 10-3 pm. In harsh cold winters, moisturize, avoid wind, and perhaps vaporize your living area.

The key to answering your question accurately I think is to consider what effect if any temperature and sun have on telomere length at cellular level. The only way I've read about to significantly increase your longevity is through extreme calorie restriction.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Makes no sense - we're not meat!

Mediterranean and Japanese people tend to live longest, and they're hot places (longest lived Japanese live in the hotter parts of the country).

If you want to LOOK younger then absolutely the #1 thing to do is keep out of the sun.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

I know in Hotter climates, it just takes all your energy & exhausts you, unless you have AC all around. That could be a factor. I feel so drained everytime I experience more than 36 degrees. I assume the more comfy you are, results in a better standard of life, which results in less stress & leaves you with a more youthful appearance.

The UK is cold & they start aging in their 40's, rinkles and all.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -