Workout Regime

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Workout Regime

Post by Dark_Sol »

Well, I thought we should start sharing our workout. Get some good ideas on what to do.
Well for me I do a 1 hour workout of just weight lifting.

I start out with chests Bench press and butterfly 3x10 each. When done with bench press, immediately do butterfly and keep doing this without rest.
Lat pull downs and rowing. Same as bench press
Do two triceps work out and shoulders-same as before
No for biceps, I like to grab some dumb bells and do full rep of 10 curls with some other type of curls. Have no idea what they are called, but it's just you having palms facing each other, instead of up. The other is just curling and touching your opposite chest. I'll try and look online to see if I can find the name and images. But, you do five full rep each, making a full 20 reps. Then you go down a lighter weight with out rest and repeat until you have 3 sets done.
Then abs, just do 3x10 of each ab work out you know with no rest.
Pretty much for legs, I do the same sets and reps with no rest.
I do all this in 1 hour, sometime a little more for bathroom break.

I only did this for a month, but I gained a lot of strength.
Beginning weights
Bench and fly- 190/130 now 250/200
Lat and row- 150/130 now 210/170
triceps- 50 now 90
biceps- 30/25/20 now 40/35/25
Leg press and calf- 360 now 450
leg curl and extension - 70/150 now 130/210

Now before about a year ago, I was doing light lifting and mostly running and just about 3-4 months ago I stopped working out. It's been 1 month since I started this. And it would take almost 5 days for me to recover, but the recovery time decreased more and more to the point that I can workout everyday.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Squat and sldl would work better for most people than leg press and leg curl, and would work your trunk more. I wouldn’t bother with separate ab exercises. Chin-ups seem to work better than lat pulldowns. Other than that it seems like a good beginning routine.
Have no idea what they are called, but it's just you having palms facing each other, instead of up.
Hammer curls.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

5x5 front squat, 5x5 push press, 5x5 bench. Go at 70% of max and just go for a new max once a month and reset until you die. Throw in back to the wall curls 5x5 in the same format if I'm not strapped for time. Also do various plyometric jumping stuff because I'm mainly lifting to improve vertical jump. Do some stretching usually twice a week. I do have lots of other exercises, but those are the "staples" and the rest get thrown in as I see fit.

I'm also not really doing it for bodybuilding, I just wanna be really strong and jump really high and run faster for my sport and daily activities. More concerned with strength than additional muscle mass, in fact additional mass without strength is bad for me as it messes up your power to weight ratio. Also I feel intensity is more important than reps, and I feel it's better to actually work harder at 3-6 exercises and be actually cognizant of what you're doing than just grind through a bunch of stuff.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Regime or regimen?
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

i am doing bodyweight training. some kind of overall training combined with going to the max with specific one as split training.

my peaks now are:
80 push ups
35 one hand push ups
55 squats

i am now starting to jog more.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Billy wrote:i am doing bodyweight training. some kind of overall training combined with going to the max with specific one as split training.

my peaks now are:
80 push ups
35 one hand push ups
55 squats

You ever check out http://www.bodyweightculture.com? Excellent site.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Billy wrote:i am doing bodyweight training. some kind of overall training combined with going to the max with specific one as split training.

my peaks now are:
80 push ups
35 one hand push ups
55 squats

You ever check out http://www.bodyweightculture.com? Excellent site.