What is your favorite beer?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

What is your favorite beer?

Post by Repatriate »

Like a lot of guys I like to sip on a cold beer when i'm relaxing at home. I've noticed that if I consume a light amount of alcohol each week it gives me a cardio boost when I go out to run each morning. It opens up the blood vessels and this phenomenon is well known to runners.

One of the biggest complaints I had about Thailand is that the beer is shit. All the Thai beers are garbage. Singh tastes like Soapy dishwater. Leo is a weird hangover inducing brew. Chang has no head no flavor. In Thailand Heineken is the "premium" domestic brewed foreign beer and i've never liked Heineken..bitter and characterless taste.

My favorites are Hoegaarden. This beer is great paired with food like pasta or steak. I've converted non beer drinkers to beer drinkers with this beer. :lol:

The U.S. craft bears..samuel adams etc.. are mostly all decent too. Currently i'm drinking some Mendocino brew from Costco. It's tasty. :lol:

In Laos their national beer "Beer Lao" is actually pretty decent as a daily sipper. They have a dark lager version and it's also good.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Beacuse beer has alot of yeast it's very useful for cleaning toilets, stubborn mould & limescale off bathroom tiles. Any brew will do, I've got no favourites :mrgreen:
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Heineken is awful - why the heck have Asians taken Europe's worst beer and made it their own?

I'm not a fan of beer in Thailand. Chang is too creamy. Cheers X-Tra is good for getting drunk.

I used to like the light beers in China. They were very weak, but they were great for staying hydrated in such an extreme climate. Plus they were incredibly cheap - just 3.5RMB for a 600ml bottle. Best was Shenzhen Brewery beer, but it's hard to find. Seen it in HK before though.

Beer helps me think and make me loosen up a bit. It's important for us Brits to help us lose our stiff upper lips.

My favourite Asian beer is Kirin.

Backpackers go back to the UK and pine for Beer Lao.

I wish Asians would figure out you can ferment fruit and turn it into alcohol. I miss cider intensely but it was 600RMB a bottle in China and 150 baht here. Imagine what fermented Durian could do to your thinking...
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.