2016 Fitness Plan

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
drealm
Junior Poster

2016 Fitness Plan

Post by drealm »

Reach 130lb.

Perform squat, bench press, press to SS untrained standards. http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifti ... dards.html

After a few months of doing squat I can now do an unweighted olympic bar bell. My bench press and press are progress faster.

I don't do any other exercises because I'm unmotivated and I hate complexity. I'm mainly doing this to release endorphins and maintain minimal strength standards. As a bonus I may improve aesthetics, but marginally. Women care more about upper body than lower body so I do two upper body compound exercises and one lower body. I do this three times a week. My genetics are so retarded to begin with that it makes no sense to worry about doing things efficiently. So I don't focus on nutrition at all. If I miss a meal or don't get enough protein, I don't care.

I'm at 120lb, give or take 1-2lb. I think 12lb of muscle is doable over 12 months.

If I reach this goal it will have an unnoticeable effect on my aesthetics appearance. My ideal weight is suppose to be between 148lb-153lb. Buff guys consider this a starting point but this is my end point if I'm lucky.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 2016 Fitness Plan

Post by Cornfed »

Given that you appear to be not terribly big and strong, wouldn't it be a better idea to do a proper weight program and eat more? You likely won't get 12 pounds of good muscle with what you are doing.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

What's the point of doing something efficiently if you have retarded genetics? This is like giving ghetto kids a free pass to Harvard. I don't plan to compete with anyone at any level, I'm just trying to improve myself relative to my low starting position.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

All the more reason to do things right if you have ectomorph genetics, otherwise there is not much point in bothering.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

I disagree but I'm curious what you consider a proper weight program? My understanding is that compound barbell exercises are the best approach.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

drealm wrote:I disagree but I'm curious what you consider a proper weight program? My understanding is that compound barbell exercises are the best approach.
The usual thinking is that you should start with doing a whole body workout about three times a week doing the major compound exercises (say pull-up, dip, bench press, military press, squat, dead lift/sldl, barbell curl) @ about 3 sets of 8-10 reps. Once you had made progress with that you would split your workout so you were working about half your muscle groups on alternate days and add some isolation exercises and take it from there.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

At your stature just forget it and go back to smok'in rocks. :oops:
Time to Hide!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Unless you are 4'11'', the last thing you need is lots of exercise. What you need is FOOD. You need to eat lots of it. Even if it were just about weightlifting, then it would still all be about food.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
nutjob
Freshman Poster

Post by nutjob »

how tall are you? 120lbs is small as f**k, you can literally be a jockey.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

nutjob wrote:how tall are you? 120lbs is small as f**k, you can literally be a jockey.
5'8
dayan
Freshman Poster

Post by dayan »

Don't be a lazy ass
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

As of today I've reached my goal. My goal was to reach 130lb and match untrained SS standards.

I just weighed in at 147lb. I started at 118, so this is about a 25% increase in body weight. However my body fat % has increased too.

I surpassed 130lb a while ago but I held off on posting because my strength lagged behind. As of now I can match the tables for Cat. I at 132lb but not 147. So I'm absolutely stronger but relatively still weak.

I started squatting with 20lb, now I can do 95lb.

Bench press is now 100lb.

Press is now 65lb.

I've avoided dead lifting but I am considering doing it also.

Even with a 25% body mass increase I'm still invisible to women. The majority of men in the gym seem to be 175 and up.

My next goal is to reach 165lb and do the associated strength standards for Cat. I for whatever lifts I'm doing. This would be about a 40% increase in body mass from 118. I'll make this my next goal for 2016, I will have 10 months to reach this goal.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Good. Hopefully you are following something akin to my advice. BTW, I was not invisible, but somewhat sexually invisible to females at the gym with a press of 140lb, so don't be too surprised about that.
peppapig
Freshman Poster

Post by peppapig »

Don't be a lazy a**
best relationship blog
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Well done, that's some impressive weight gain over 2 months, you're now normal size for your height and normal strength. Your genetics may not be as bad as you thought. You should definitely start deadlifting, that adds muscle all over the body, especially the back and traps. Later on you can add some bodyweight exercises like pull ups or chin ups and dips, but for now concentrate on getting your weight and strength up. Once you reached your target weight just focus on getting stronger and stronger.