Daily Fresh Produce Shopping--The Norm in Europe?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
dancilley
Freshman Poster

Daily Fresh Produce Shopping--The Norm in Europe?

Post by dancilley »

A man in his seventies recently told me that in Europe, it is normal for people to walk to a local produce market (that is within easy walking distance; there is a high density of markets in any densely populated area) and buy fresh produce--fresh fruits and vegetables, freshly made bread that is made that day, meat that is fresh and sliced daily, etc. He said that soup is popular in Europe because people buy the fresh produce and go home and make it themselves, and they also bake their own bread. He said that in Germany, there is a "Purity Law" regarding produce that maintains it to a high standard of freshness.

I want to live in a place where the people are into the freshness of the produce like that. In the U.S.A. though, the general attitude is not really about freshness, but more about convenience.

For example, I went to Ralphs in Downtown Los Angeles, CA yesterday and was looking at the fresh French bread. The time was about 8:15 in the morning. It was Sunday. I noticed that almost all the bread was from the day before because there was a sticker on each one that said, "Baked Fresh Saturday." There was literally one loaf that had a sticker on it that said, "Baked Fresh Sunday," but then a Hispanic man came out and told me in broken English (which I could not understand well) that the Sunday sticker was an error and showed me that he had the new bread for Sunday on racks behind the counter. He then said that I couldn't come behind the counter to look at the bread. He said the loaves were too hot, and that I had to wait 20 minutes before he would give me one.

In Europe, I am assuming they have fresh, warm bread available in the morning every day at all hours because "everyone" prefers fresh bread to packaged bread.

I also walked through a Farmers' Market yesterday and could smell the fruits and vegetables just as I was walking by--because they are so fresh. The colors of the produce were vibrant. This Farmers' Market is only on Sundays though. There are very few Farmers' Markets in Downtown L.A.

The man in his seventies also said that it is normal in Europe to take a train or subway or bus wherever you want to, because the public transportation is so extensive. Then I said that "people don't judge you if you don't have a car." Then he started talking about how New York City is like Europe, how most people don't have a car in NYC.

It's interesting because I have not had a car for almost all of my life. In 2006-7, I used to ride a bicycle to a junior college seven miles each way, four or five days per week, for over two years, and during that time, I would go to a grocery store and buy produce and then cook for myself...and I also made my own bread! I used to lift weights too in my apartment.

However, the people who I lived around in that apartment complex were not healthy people. They smoked, were disabled, etc. I wasn't serious about judging the people like that and making sure to avoid living near people like that, but now I am.

And I did feel significantly awkward riding my bike while "everyone" drove a motor vehicle. I thought that they thought that I was crazy or something. It significantly affected my mental health. I felt like a fish out of water. I was very lonely in my apartment. I had a high level of social anxiety which prevented me from developing social connections. So what happened on a daily basis was, I just rode my bike home from college and used to listen to talk radio and I had some music CD's, and I remember listening to Bill O'Reilly, Michael Savage, etc. while cooking food.

But in Copenhagen, Denmark 33% of the population rides a bicycle, or something like that.

The climate where I lived (in Rohnert Park, Sonoma County, CA) is a great climate. It is conducive to romance. A person could live a great life there if the society were better. I can imagine how life used to be better in California. But people there are stressed and unhappy now, and have been for a long time. It's funny and sad how society could become so dysfunctional and unhappy.

I believe it is very simple to create a functional society. My goal in life is to create an environment where everyone is communicative and cooperative and happy all the time. I am going to start by building a gated residential community of at least one square mile that is isolated from the normal, dysfunctional world. The gated community will have:

- Clean air
- Purified water
- An abundance of freshly harvested, organic, whole plant foods
- It will be located in an already peaceful location
- Physical exercise opportunities
- The ability for every man to get married to a healthy, good, devoted female who should have been a virgin when he met her
- The assumption that a man can attract additional females if he is not getting his sexual needs totally met by his wife, so he can always have available to him females who are ready to have sex with him so that he can have sex whenever he wants
- An educational system that helps men develop sufficient and stable income to support their family's lifestyle
- A general culture of reproduction, of enthusiasm to produce babies and grow one's family indefinitely
- Healthy and happy people everywhere
- Social connection, including the belief that physically engaging with people produces great joy, such as making love with your wife, when your wife gives birth it produces great joy for her, holding your baby produces great joy, etc. In general, making progress toward sexual reproduction produces great pleasure and joy

If you are lacking in money or willing females or if there is a natural disaster or a death in your social circle or crime, etc., you will become unhappy.

You can reduce the risk of natural disasters by living in a better location, you can master the science of attracting females and forming a polygynous family, you can learn to earn a lot of money, and you can surround yourself with people who eat healthfully, so they are expected to die when they die.

There's a lot you can do to live a better life. Let's do it! I am looking forward to changing my life and inspiring people to live similarly--to Live The Best Life Possible!

What ideas do you have?
JOIN MY BRAND NEW FREE SPEECH FORUM EMPHASIZING PURE VIRGIN MARRIAGE: https://dancilley.great-site.net/forum

X/Twitter: https://x.com/DanCilleyLTBLP

YouTube: https://youtube.com/@DanCilley