Home workouts for men

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Home workouts for men

Post by gsjackson »

You can muscle up even more if you add isometrics and dynamic tension.

Three workouts in, I can quasi-confirm WS's tentative hypothesis above that lighter weights and higher reps can produce similar results to heavier weights and lower reps. At least the sort of results I'm interested in at this point -- mostly maintenance. When you've accumulated a substantial collection of little injuries over the decades combining sports with weights (and some of it now is a bit of shoulder arthritis), the heavy lifting hurts, particularly on the bench press. I'd be happy to transition to lighter weights.

Corny, whatever injury sidelined you circa three years ago must be better now?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
May 31st, 2022, 4:37 pm
Corny, whatever injury sidelined you circa three years ago must be better now?
Yes, it hasn't been a serious problem in years, although it is always a worry.
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

WilliamSmith wrote:
May 26th, 2022, 3:02 pm
I'm on a metered connection right now so didn't get to see the whole vid yet, but from the freeze-frame: Cornfed, your muscles are looking pretty damned impressive, especially by modern 'Western' standards, that's for sure.

How old is Cornfed, assuming I'm not being insensitive of anyone's delicate feelings by asking such a question? :mrgreen:
(I assume in this context that the older he is, the better the bragging rights for getting in that good of shape.)

On the general subject of men getting pumped up and staying in great shape even into their senior years:

I posted some pics in my natural bodybuilding thread of Chet Yorton in his peak years, then in his 50s still looking amazing, then at the age of 77 looking even more ripped and still impressively massive.

Not sure about this one yet until I do some more research, but I have read some encouraging studies lately indicating that doing larger numbers of reps with lighter weight can actually produce similarly good results, vs the more intense approach to heavier lifting a lot of us preferred in our youth.

Here's another older guy I'm a big fan of, who got diagnosed with cancer in the late 1990's but won the battle by getting in fantastic shape:
Yes, it's the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan again, sharing our defiance of the Synagogue of Satan on all fronts, from dodging the wares of the "merchants of death" (as he describes them in the video clip), to the SOS's more recent vaccine, and to our overall commitment to healthy living even into our senior years. :)

I haven't found the whole VHS tape workout tape they were advertising here, but thought I'd better preserve this for posterity with a Bitchute upload:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/nCyo0XNh6IyS/
"Careless lifestyles are killing us in droves across all ages.
The merchants of death dump filth daily into our communities and we put it into our bodies.
It is best to make the most of this life and empower ourselves through healthful living."
You talk mike ohern yet or not and what your analsises
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
Has anyone built a lot of muscle with dynamic tension or isometrics? Most people is see advocating these have shitty physiques themselves.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:
June 1st, 2022, 7:21 am
gsjackson wrote:
Has anyone built a lot of muscle with dynamic tension or isometrics? Most people is see advocating these have shitty physiques themselves.
This guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3BUleQodmw
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Cornfed wrote:
May 31st, 2022, 4:22 pm
I'm trying to put on muscle for the first time in many years, and surprisingly these kinds of workouts combined with the right diet do seem to work well for bulking up. Going to a gym is not really necessary.
That's always been my sentiment: Driving out to a gym and having a bunch of time go down the tubes on the commute + dealing with misc distractions there + pay monthly fees... what's the point?
Nailing your goals in natural bodybuilding has always been possible with free weights unless you were going for abnormal competition-level extremes, and the 'Enter the Kettlebell' Russian dude and guys like you seem to have proved the case these kettlebells I've just started using myself are enough to put on some pretty good mass.
Ralf Moeller in his 1980s book "Weight Training" cracked me up with super-positive remarks seeming to believe signing up to a gym will surround you with ultra-positive people and motivate you, but in this day and age it's more likely to just be a way to dodge traffic, dodge mouthbreathers asking 'How much do you bench bro?', get mildly toxed breathing male perfume that a lot of other men insist on putting on, and to have what Winston calls "normies" periodically flip out at you if you're not wearing a covaids face band-aid when you walk in the gym door.
Oh, also Arnold in 'Bodybuilding for Beginners' argued you should always have some weights or basic home gym gear even if you enjoy being a gym member, so you always have your iron on hand and can fit in a workout without skipping even if you can't make it to the gym. :lol:
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

gsjackson wrote:

Three workouts in, I can quasi-confirm WS's tentative hypothesis above that lighter weights and higher reps can produce similar results to heavier weights and lower reps. At least the sort of results I'm interested in at this point -- mostly maintenance. When you've accumulated a substantial collection of little injuries over the decades combining sports with weights (and some of it now is a bit of shoulder arthritis), the heavy lifting hurts, particularly on the bench press. I'd be happy to transition to lighter weights.
Yeah, I still want to lift heavier out of macho enthusiasm, but at about age 40 I'm experiencing what you described about the accumulation of little injuries thing, and in particular when doing isolation lifts on the heavy side, it's more common now for some unexpected area in my body to suddenly start to "scream" out a warning at me with those little nerve shocks. That didn't used to happen in my 20s when it was more like I could @!#$ up by overdoing it even on short sleep, and still at worst only experience mild discomfort for maybe 3-4 days and then feel practically good as new. I'm going to experiment with the results from the lighter lifts, but I'm not willing to let my mass levels drop below the older Dolph Lundgren level at minimum (and am hoping I can add mass without doing anything too abnormal, and get even closer to a Chet Yorton look as I push forward even further into the 40s-50-s-60s, LOL):
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Re: dynamic tension or isometrics, that's an interesting topic of who can do what with them, but to me it's just not fun enough: I need to at least be lugging around some manly hunks of iron, whether it's kettlebells or barbells and dumbbells. I'm going to experiment with higher reps and more modest weight, and kettlebells actually feel more natural, but I still just !@#$ing love my big ugly rusted dumbbells and barbells with those dirty black iron weight plates with California Proposition-whatever warning stickers on them. 8)

However, I'll get back to this topic after I read that books I got "Convict Conditioning" because if we all got thrown in jail for refusing to let the synagogue of satan plant microchips up our asses (and we couldn't escape before they caught us even if we were man enough to try to do an 'SHTF' bugout as fugitives first) or whatever, then in theory there's no choice but to rely on bodyweight exercises if they had us in isolation cubicles or something, LOL. (I guess bodyweight and just isometrics aren't the same, but maybe the book talks both, we'll see.)

Reminds me, Dave Draper wrote a book called "Brother Iron, Sister Steel" and I just bought a copy of it after having it wishlisted for a few years, LOL. See what positive influencers Happier Abroad's fitness forum is? :mrgreen:
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Here are three good exercises demonstrated.

https://rumble.com/v1b5jj1-my-three-fav ... rated.html
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

All right, I've finally gotten a chance to upload the clips from the VHS of the Dolph Lundgren 1986 "Maximum Potential" home workout video.
Epic 80s synths here as well as a full workout regimen and some deep zen philosophy (also with downtempo 80s synths in those parts too). Let's start with the intro and Dolph with 80's mirrored shades, 80s hair, and some interesting light-pink colored lipstick. (Keep in mind this was before globohomo had pedos running loose in the streets with monkeypox, so this was just 80s style back then.)

Dolph introduces his 1986 VHS workout tape, "Maximum Potential" with 80s epic synths in background.
"Nature.... it's really amazing, the planets, the elements, wind, water, life and death. Unpredictable, yet somehow in balance, just like life.

DOLPH LUNDGREN - MAXIMUM POTENTIAL (1986) - INTRO

https://www.bitchute.com/video/UiI9H9eb3VT3/

The video is broken down into 5 parts:
1. Warm-up
2. Cardiovascular
3. Body sculpting
4. Stretching
5. Stress management

Here's the warm-up, I'll be back with more of it later today after catching up reading what's been going on on the forum since I got back:

MAXIMUM POTENTIAL (1986 DOLPH LUNDGREN WORKOUT VHS) - WARM-UP

https://www.bitchute.com/video/hI2QEgYWmWuc/
Dolph guides us through the warm-up phase in 1986 VHS workout tape, "Maximum Potential" with 80s synths in background.

Here's the first part of the cardio too in case anyone's too eager to get started before I'm ready to post the rest: He starts it off with shadow boxing, so we know we've got an excellent program here:

MAXIMUM POTENTIAL (1986 DOLPH LUNDGREN WORKOUT VHS) - CARDIO PT 1 (SHADOW BOXING)

https://www.bitchute.com/video/0T0aNgQoqwp0/
Dolph guides us through part 1 of our cardio workout with some shadow boxing and 80s synth-pop tunes in 1986 VHS workout tape, "Maximum Potential"
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Are you sure that's not chap stick on his lips? California gets pretty dry in the summer. I don't recall lip stick on males being a thing in the '80s, but -- God help us -- the short shorts were.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
August 14th, 2022, 1:24 pm
Are you sure that's not chap stick on his lips? California gets pretty dry in the summer. I don't recall lip stick on males being a thing in the '80s, but -- God help us -- the short shorts were.
As he was larping as a lifeguard, the colored zinc lip gloss and short shorts would make sense.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Cornfed wrote:
August 14th, 2022, 1:30 pm
gsjackson wrote:
August 14th, 2022, 1:24 pm
As he was larping as a lifeguard, the colored zinc lip gloss and short shorts would make sense.
@gsjackson
@Cornfed

Good points guys, I never thought of that since I was never a chapstick user, LOL. :lol:
They did a lot of flashy makeup tricks in the 1980s that were not intended as a globohomo thing, since homosexuality was still largely an underground cult that no one ever fathomed was going to get pushed out into the mainstream and forced on the entire population by letting jews and homosexuals push it straight on children, as well as through mass media control. But on the lighter subject of chapstick:
Van Damme told a funny story about sitting alongside the Czar Putin at an MMA match (apparently they were friends), and Van Damme said he's constantly reaching for his chap stick in his gym bag, but when the Czar's bodyguards saw him going for his bag to get his chapstick, they jumped on him to make sure he wasn't going for a weapon to become Putin's assassin. Fortunately for Van Damme and the Czar, he wasn't, so they got to enjoy the rest of the match, and I'd guess they allowed Van Damme to get his chapstick too, after checking the bag.

I'll post the rest of the Maximum Potential videos tomorrow morning...
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I guess Dolph's workout is OK, but it is not fair that he probably made more millions with his fairly ordinary suggestions whereas the rest of us get nothing. BTW, here is my latest home workout.

https://rumble.com/v1g4t1p-home-workout-10.html
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:
August 15th, 2022, 4:41 pm
I guess Dolph's workout is OK, but it is not fair that he probably made more millions with his fairly ordinary suggestions whereas the rest of us get nothing. BTW, here is my latest home workout.

https://rumble.com/v1g4t1p-home-workout-10.html
Good stuff, Corn. Ramping up that difficulty level.