Ultimate Health Thread - A Thread for Discussing all Things Related to Staying Healthy

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Ultimate Health Thread - A Thread for Discussing all Things Related to Staying Healthy

Post by Lucas88 »

I thought that we could have a thread where we can all share ideas and advice on the best way to improve health or stay healthy.

Please share your knowledge pertaining to the following areas related to health:

Nutrition

What type of diet do you favor? Carnivore? Vegetarian? Pescatarian? What are the pros and cons of each?

Training and Exercise

What kind of training routine do you recommend for maximum health and anti-aging?

Sleep

What sleeping schedule do you prefer?

Supplements

What gym supplements, vitamins and herbal supplements do you think are beneficial?

Things to avoid

What things do you recommend avoiding? Sugar? Alcohol? Fluoride including fluoridated water? Any other less obvious harmful things?

Meditation and Qi Kung

Do you recommend any kind of meditation or qi kung routine for the cultivation and circulation of qi? Do you limit the frequency of masturbation?

I know that some of you are fitness fanatics or otherwise into physical training. I'm particularly interested in the thoughts of @gsjackson, @Cornfed and @WilliamSmith.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Ultimate Health Thread - A Thread for Discussing all Things Related to Staying Healthy

Post by Cornfed »

Nutrition: Carnivore Diet.

Training and Exercise: The standard strength-based gym routine would be fine or something like the home calisthenics-type workouts I do, like this one I just recorded:
https://rumble.com/v2ielam-home-workout-13.html

Sleep: A reasonably high amount of sleep and early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise or a milkman or whatever.

Things to avoid: Sugar, seed oil, anything with corn starch in it, fluoride even to wash in, I guess alcohol gosh darn it, although if you do get drunk do so on an empty stomach.

Qi King if you wanted to build up your chi to do acupuncture or kill people I guess.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Ultimate Health Thread - A Thread for Discussing all Things Related to Staying Healthy

Post by gsjackson »

Generally agree with Cornfed, though I can't get all the way to a carnivore diet, mainly because of some lingering notions about maintaining the right alkaline-acid balance. I'm sure it would make short work of the 15 pounds I need to lose, but I'll just have to walk it off in Bulgaria this summer -- which never fails. I do try to make whole foods (not to be confused with the grocery store chain Whole Paycheck), the bulk of my diet -- meat, fruit, nuts, vegetables, and I probably eat quite a few more nuts than most (I think to my benefit, but not entirely sure). If you have to eat processed food -- bread or the like -- it may be as important to avoid seed oils, such as canola oil, soybean oil, safflower, oil, sunflower oil, as it is to avoid sugar.

Resistance training is by far the best approach you can take to anti-aging, in part because of its effect on the mind. If you haven't done much weight training and have virgin joints, no lingering injuries -- jump right into a progressive program and you'll probably be amazed at the results in a short time. But there are other cheaper and handier types of resistance training, such as isometrics and dynamic tension. Alternately contracting and relaxing all the muscles on a regular basis is the key to anti-aging, according to Sanford Bennett, "the man who grew young at 70." He thought it eliminated sludge that builds up in the body and causes aging.

As I've said before, listen to your body and continually re-calibrate your exercise program as needed as you age. That high intensity routine in Cornfed's video makes my 72-year-old central nervous system shudder, though maybe it just reminds me too much of Marine boot camp, much of which was spent on the barracks floor doing bends and thrusts (aka "bends and motherf*ckers"), etc.

As far as mental and spiritual health go, love the truth and pursue the extremely elusive bitch relentlessly. Just the honest pursuit will set you free and keep you young, but it will also have you always at odds with the powers that be, who need to lie to you. And it can involve hanging out now and then in very unchic neighborhoods like HA.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Also, Lucas88, you should get plenty of sun. I don't have to tell you that you live in a sub-optimal climate for that endeavor. Go whenever you can to wherever you can that has plenty of access to sunshine. Use common sense about it -- don't stay in it long enough to get burned or get so much of it that your skin becomes leathery -- but by the same token, don't put on any of that carcinogenic endocrine suppressor called sun screen.

When the Indians of Arizona got sick they would just go sit in the sun until it went away.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Thanks @Cornfed and @gsjackson for your responses. I really appreciate your suggestions.
Cornfed wrote:
April 15th, 2023, 9:47 am
Nutrition: Carnivore Diet.
What do you guys think about pescatarianism vs. carnivorism?

I myself gave up meat about 6 years ago but I continue to eat fish and sometimes eggs too. I always found meat too heavy and disliked the taste and texture. I still have things like salmon, tuna, cod, haddock, etc. as a source of protein. Is it true that fish is healthier than meat and produces less bad cholesterol? I once saw a video of a doctor in the US who claimed to reduce the clogging in the arteries of patients by switching them to a meet-free diet for six months. What do you think of this? Do you think that a pescatarian diet might have certain advantages over a carnivore diet?
gsjackson wrote:
April 15th, 2023, 4:59 pm
Resistance training is by far the best approach you can take to anti-aging, in part because of its effect on the mind. If you haven't done much weight training and have virgin joints, no lingering injuries -- jump right into a progressive program and you'll probably be amazed at the results in a short time. But there are other cheaper and handier types of resistance training, such as isometrics and dynamic tension. Alternately contracting and relaxing all the muscles on a regular basis is the key to anti-aging, according to Sanford Bennett, "the man who grew young at 70." He thought it eliminated sludge that builds up in the body and causes aging.
I certainly don't have virgin joints. Lol! I began weight training when I was 13 and with poor technique and am a veteran grappler with all kinds of niggling injuries from a decade of Brazilian Jiujitsu, wrestling and MMA training. I haven't done any serious weight training since my early 20s but now whenever I try lifting dumbbells I feel intense pain inside my elbow joints. Since my early 20s I've mostly exclusively done pure martial arts training and circuits with bodyweight exercises. But at the same time I recognize the undeniable health benefits of resistance training which you guys often enthusiastically mention and so I'm more than interested in taking up some systematic program.

Cornfed recommended a standard strength-based gym routine as well as home calisthenics. What type of routine would you recommend for somebody like me who feels intense pain inside the elbow joints after lifting dumbbells? How many resistance training sessions should I do a week bearing in mind that I must balance them with martial arts classes? Would two resistance training sessions be enough or would I need more?

How much better is resistance training than, say, kickboxing or grappling for preserving optimal musculature? Should I prioritize weights? I want to have a good physique and thick muscle for decades to come.
Cornfed wrote:
Things to avoid: Sugar, seed oil, anything with corn starch in it, fluoride even to wash in, I guess alcohol gosh darn it, although if you do get drunk do so on an empty stomach.
I don't drink alcohol but I'm totally addicted to sugar. I often eat several chocolate bars or pieces of cake and such in a single day. I tell myself: "I'm not fat and I train martial arts obsessively so I can eat whatever I like!", but this justification isn't a good one. I'm considering giving up sugar completely. But what can I replace chocolate and cakes with? The cravings are intense, like heroin addiction! What do I do for a substitute?
Cornfed wrote:
Qi King if you wanted to build up your chi to do acupuncture or kill people I guess
I've heard people say that jacking off depletes one's qi. Do you think that it is best to limit jacking off to about three times a week? But what if you do exercises to cultivate the qi? The meditations that I do fill me with qi and make me horny as fcuk (qi is the same as sexual energy and orgasm comes from what in TCM is called the lower dantian). Does this give me license to jack off as much as I like?

Qi Kung is practiced for the cultivation of the body's qi and the promotion of health. But it can also be practiced for the promotion of sexual potency.
gsjackson wrote:
April 16th, 2023, 8:37 am
Also, Lucas88, you should get plenty of sun. I don't have to tell you that you live in a sub-optimal climate for that endeavor. Go whenever you can to wherever you can that has plenty of access to sunshine. Use common sense about it -- don't stay in it long enough to get burned or get so much of it that your skin becomes leathery -- but by the same token, don't put on any of that carcinogenic endocrine suppressor called sun screen.

When the Indians of Arizona got sick they would just go sit in the sun until it went away.
I much prefer warmer climates and intend to get out of this cold ungodly wasteland of a country soon. I'm thinking of Colombia.

I never use sun screen. The Melanotan makes me so brown that I can go out into the Mediterranean sun without a shirt and not burn at all. Lol!

While we're on the topic of health, maybe Melanotan isn't the healthiest thing to take, but my own dysphoria forces me to take it. I'm tanorexic. If I'm not deeply tanned I become depressed and socially withdrawn. I have to look nice for my mamacitas! 8)
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Lucas88 wrote:
April 16th, 2023, 12:46 pm
What type of routine would you recommend for somebody like me who feels intense pain inside the elbow joints after lifting dumbbells?
You should try cutting out sugar and going on a carnivore diet. Your joint pain might go away like mine did. For resistance training you could try high rep training and maybe combinations of partial reps, as recommended by Ron Laura and others.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Lucas88 wrote:
April 16th, 2023, 12:46 pm

What do you guys think about pescatarianism vs. carnivorism?

I never eat seafood -- can't stand the taste. I assume it's an adequate source of protein, but I'd worry more about mercury than cholesterol (see recent thread on cholesterol).

I certainly don't have virgin joints. Lol! I began weight training when I was 13 and with poor technique and am a veteran grappler with all kinds of niggling injuries from a decade of Brazilian Jiujitsu, wrestling and MMA training. I haven't done any serious weight training since my early 20s but now whenever I try lifting dumbbells I feel intense pain inside my elbow joints. Since my early 20s I've mostly exclusively done pure martial arts training and circuits with bodyweight exercises. But at the same time I recognize the undeniable health benefits of resistance training which you guys often enthusiastically mention and so I'm more than interested in taking up some systematic program.

Cornfed recommended a standard strength-based gym routine as well as home calisthenics. What type of routine would you recommend for somebody like me who feels intense pain inside the elbow joints after lifting dumbbells? How many resistance training sessions should I do a week bearing in mind that I must balance them with martial arts classes? Would two resistance training sessions be enough or would I need more?

As it happens, as of the last few days I've developed elbow pain that is aggravated by bench presses, military presses and other lifts, and I'm trying to figure out what to do about it. The isometrics and dynamic tension allow for working through different pathways -- unlike weight. pushups, pullups -- so I'll experiment around to see if I can find routes or static pressure that don't make it worse. Be sure to ice it up after you work out.

How much better is resistance training than, say, kickboxing or grappling for preserving optimal musculature? Should I prioritize weights? I want to have a good physique and thick muscle for decades to come.

I'm proceeding on the assumption that Bennett is correct about the anti-aging benefits of regularly contracting and relaxing your muscles. so from that standpoint a full body resistance workout would probably be better (and as you get older would be more likely to leave you feeling energized rather than run down). Also, building muscle has a protective effect on the organs that the muscles cover, and I've heard more people than just PAG say that.

I much prefer warmer climates and intend to get out of this cold ungodly wasteland of a country soon. I'm thinking of Colombia.
As far as sun goes, remember that the greenery of the Colombian highlands comes at the cost of constant cloud cover and rain. Medellin gets on average 1851 hours of sunshine a year. That's not much more than London at 1674, and well short of Valencia at 2696.

I guess I tend to lobby for Valencia in your decision about where to head for, mainly because I was so impressed with the city. It also offers the benefit of far less crime than Colombia -- it's not really a concern at all there. The cost of living in Medellin is about 50 percent lower than Valencia, on the other hand, and I'd imagine the Colombian mamacitas might make their availability a little more obvious, though many of them could be scammers.

OK, guess I don't know how to insert text responding to set off quotes. There are some answers mixed in above.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

gsjackson wrote:
April 16th, 2023, 3:07 pm
I guess I tend to lobby for Valencia in your decision about where to head for, mainly because I was so impressed with the city. It also offers the benefit of far less crime than Colombia -- it's not really a concern at all there. The cost of living in Medellin is about 50 percent lower than Valencia, on the other hand, and I'd imagine the Colombian mamacitas might make their availability a little more obvious, though many of them could be scammers.
I love Valencia too. It's an absolute marvel of a city and one that never ceases to fascinate me. I've never encountered another city as beautiful and so perfectly designed and the place always feels like home to me. I feel an extraordinary inner peace whenever I am there.

But, as you have already said, Colombia is a much cheaper place to live and the abundance of hot brown mamacitas makes the place extremely attractive for a fervent Latina lover like myself. That's one of the biggest charms of living in Latin America - the ease of getting women and the very real possibility of living somewhat of a playboy lifestyle. :P

I feel like I'm in love with Colombia right now and really want to go there soon but I'm also considering an extended vacation in the north of Peru first. I know very well that a reasonably attractive Caucasian guy from a developed European country and who speaks fluent Spanish can absolutely slay there. In fact, he will be aggressively pursued by local females. So I might just go to Peru first and knock the back out of countless cute little indiecitas, gordibuenas and sexy milfs with curves like a real macho and sex god. Then, after a few months living it up in Chiclayo or Piura, I'll head up to Colombia and test the waters with the mamasotas there. I'll see if I can do the same with colombianitas. I'll also pay to fcuk some Paisa bimbos with big silicone titties!

Fcuk being a regular nobody schmuck in the Anglosphere! To hell with being a p***y-whipped married man in Europe! I have a healthy appetite for a whole load of hot brown-skinned culonas with big booties (¡y qué sean culoncísimas y recontra culoncísimas!). I actually have Greco-Roman masculinity and testosterone flowing through my veins. I want to make San Guillermo proud (@WilliamSmith)!

Valencia is awesome but I feel that the passionate adventures of the New World are calling me. I'm just magnetized to those exotic lands by the prospect of all of that awesome Latina p***y and those big phat brown asses. I wanna live it up with the mamasotas in Colombia and make up for what I missed out on in my miserable and utterly repulsive Anglo-fag home country, but maybe one day I'll retire to the peace and serenity of Valencia when I'm too old and weary to deal with the gangsters!
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Lucas88 wrote:
April 16th, 2023, 5:08 pm
gsjackson wrote:
April 16th, 2023, 3:07 pm
I love Valencia too. It's an absolute marvel of a city and one that never ceases to fascinate me. I've never encountered another city as beautiful and so perfectly designed and the place always feels like home to me. I feel an extraordinary inner peace whenever I am there.

But, as you have already said, Colombia is a much cheaper place to live and the abundance of hot brown mamacitas makes the place extremely attractive for a fervent Latina lover like myself. That's one of the biggest charms of living in Latin America - the ease of getting women and the very real possibility of living somewhat of a playboy lifestyle. :P

I feel like I'm in love with Colombia right now and really want to go there soon but I'm also considering an extended vacation in the north of Peru first. I know very well that a reasonably attractive Caucasian guy from a developed European country and who speaks fluent Spanish can absolutely slay there. In fact, he will be aggressively pursued by local females. So I might just go to Peru first and knock the back out of countless cute little indiecitas, gordibuenas and sexy milfs with curves like a real macho and sex god. Then, after a few months living it up in Chiclayo or Piura, I'll head up to Colombia and test the waters with the mamasotas there. I'll see if I can do the same with colombianitas. I'll also pay to fcuk some Paisa bimbos with big silicone titties!

Fcuk being a regular nobody schmuck in the Anglosphere! To hell with being a p***y-whipped married man in Europe! I have a healthy appetite for a whole load of hot brown-skinned culonas with big booties (¡y qué sean culoncísimas y recontra culoncísimas!). I actually have Greco-Roman masculinity and testosterone flowing through my veins. I want to make San Guillermo proud (@WilliamSmith)!

Valencia is awesome but I feel that the passionate adventures of the New World are calling me. I'm just magnetized to those exotic lands by the prospect of all of that awesome Latina p***y and those big phat brown asses. I wanna live it up with the mamasotas in Colombia and make up for what I missed out on in my miserable and utterly repulsive Anglo-fag home country, but maybe one day I'll retire to the peace and serenity of Valencia when I'm too old and weary to deal with the gangsters!
Very much on topic for a health thread. Follow your heart and your member, and don't carry around any regrets about what you might have done.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

What do you guys think of training supplements like Creatine? Do you recommend them or are there hidden negatives?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Lucas88 wrote:
April 17th, 2023, 9:55 am
What do you guys think of training supplements like Creatine? Do you recommend them or are there hidden negatives?
If you are on a low-meat diet then creatine would be worth supplementing. Then again, if you are on a low meat diet you should probably just kill yourself anyway. Not really any negatives with creatine except you need to drink a bit more water.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:
April 17th, 2023, 9:59 am
Lucas88 wrote:
April 17th, 2023, 9:55 am
If you are on a low-meat diet then creatine would be worth supplementing. Then again, if you are on a low meat diet you should probably just kill yourself anyway. Not really any negatives with creatine except you need to drink a bit more water.
The only time I tried it -- 25 years ago -- it didn't agree with my stomach. If you don't have that problem, I don't think there are other significant downsides.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Cornfed wrote:
What is wrong with fish and eggs as a protein source rather than meat? Aren't they essentially the same in terms of being a protein source or is there a disadvantage with the pescatarian diet? I'm curious since you didn't elaborate on why you think the carnivore diet is superior to the pescatarian diet.

I personally think that I've been doing okay with fish since I gave up meat about six or seven years ago. I don't think that not eating beef or chicken is worth killing oneself over. But that's just my subjective opinion. Lol!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Lucas88 wrote:
April 17th, 2023, 5:08 pm
Cornfed wrote:
What is wrong with fish and eggs as a protein source rather than meat? Aren't they essentially the same in terms of being a protein source or is there a disadvantage with the pescatarian diet?
That doesn't sound too bad, but concerning creatine specifically, I think there is more in red meat.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

@Lucas88
Hey, great thread!
I will try to catch up and contribute more soon, but I just posted 2-3 posts mentioning some stuff about awesome results from vitamin D3 and some other stuff (including some interesting stuff I haven't tried yet about cold showers, LOL) over her in @Pixel--dude's thread about combatting depression.

Here's the first one FYI since I think it's on-topic for your thread here:
viewtopic.php?p=401125#p401125

P.S. Dave Draper's bodybuilding books kick ass. They were expensive, but recommended, though at some point I might write a bit about those and post some excerpts for you guys later. :)
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/