TRT for optimal masculinity and physique

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: TRT for optimal masculinity and physique

Post by MrMan »

Lucas88 wrote:
October 12th, 2023, 6:21 pm
Here is an article from Art of Manliness about how the author increased his testosterone naturally in the space of 90 days:

https://www.artofmanliness.com/health-f ... naturally/
This is something I care to read about now that I am in my 50's. I read more health and diet stuff these days online, take vitamins, supplements, etc.

Before the author began, he got his test levels tested and it turned out that his total T was only 383 ng/dl. That's obviously not very high by the standards of previous generations but quite common for men today amidst the cesspool of environmental toxins and xenoestrogens through which we constantly wade. Fortunately, the guy made some major lifestyle changes and found that his total T had increased to 778 ng/dl when he got it tested again three months later.

In order to naturally increase his testosterone, the author made the following lifestyle changes:
1. Eat a well balanced diet. Put an emphasis on foods with high saturated fats like butter, coconut oil, eggs.
2. Supplement with Vitamin D3, fish oil, whey protein, and magnesium.
Runny yolks of eggs are similar to testosterone, I hear. I was on the low side for T one time, and for vitamin D. I supplemented vitamin D, and whether that was the reason or not, my T went up again. The funny thing is, I was still 'active' with my wife when my T was low, and I still wanted sex. But I didn't like to hear my T levels had dropped

But if it drops low enough, I suppose low D could result in low D, so to speak.
3. Exercise. With an emphasis on strength training and HIIT cardio.
I life usually lift weights twice a week, three sometimes depending on my schedule, and walk, sometimes briskly, just about every day for about half a mile or so. What is HIIT? I tried jumping on those padded boxes. Is that a good HIIT cardio exercise?
5. Get more and better sleep.
Sounds like good advice for me, but if I were sleeping 10 hours a day, would I need more? This doesn't work as blanket advice.
7. Avoid Xenoestrogens and Other T-Lowering Chemicals.
So shop at Whole Paycheck?
8. Have more sex.
Okay, I would like to do that later. But how do they know we aren't having sex twice a day already? If we were, more sex wouldn't help. 21 ejaculations per week, over the years, is supposed to decrease chances of certain prostate problems. I notice if periods are seven days, that is roughly sex every night on non-period nights. I've been meaning to mention that to my wife. 21 a week.... your job now. If I tell her late in the month, that could even turn into an ordeal.
9. Take cold showers (maybe).
Ugghh.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: TRT for optimal masculinity and physique

Post by MrMan »

I posted a response.

My T dropped at one point. I had low vitamin D. The funny thing is, I was still 'active' with my wife, and wanted it at a constant rate. It hadn't knocked me out of commission, but still concerned me. I didn't want low D to result in a low D. :) I took vitamin D and the next test my T was higher again.

This advice doesn't really work for everyone. Does 'get more sleep' apply to a depressed, unemployed man who is sleeping 10 hours a day? What about 'Have more sex'? That might apply to a large percentage of men, But what if he's already married to a young high sex drive wife who wants it twice a day?

Runny egg yolks have cholesterol that is chemically similar to testosterone, btw.