How to make the body not hold fat

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

How to make the body not hold fat

Post by Cornfed »

One way of doing this is to eat carbohydrates all the time without eating much in the way of protein and fat while doing some kind of exercise that involves moving your body around such as cycling. That way your body wants to be lean to do the exercise and figures it doesn't need to make and store fat because it has a ready energy source in the form of the carbs coming in all the time.

This is all well and good if you want to be clinically lean, but most of us want to be muscular as well. The holy grail would be to have lots of muscle and no fat without having to use any brute force methods such as calorie restriction or stimulants. My protocol of bodyweight resistance training, whole body exercises and workouts several times a week combined with separating carbs and fat comes the closest to this I've seen, but it still needs refining.

The approach I'm taking is to think that if I were a body, what would I do to it to make it think "Aha, I really need to get rid of this fat and gain muscle to withstand this". Does anyone have any ideas?
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How to make the body not hold fat

Post by MarcosZeitola »

For well over a month now I have been drinking exclusively water throughout the day, and loads of it. I eat about half a kilo of vegetables stir-fried in olive oil per day, with about 300 grams to half a kilo of meat per day as well. Some days I add raw or smoked fish. I notice that I have lost weight, and maintained muscle mass. My only workout is cycling, 500+ push-ups a day, sit-ups, pull-ups and other bodyweight exercises.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Cornfed wrote:
August 14th, 2023, 10:55 am
One way of doing this is to eat carbohydrates all the time without eating much in the way of protein and fat while doing some kind of exercise that involves moving your body around such as cycling. That way your body wants to be lean to do the exercise and figures it doesn't need to make and store fat because it has a ready energy source in the form of the carbs coming in all the time.

This is all well and good if you want to be clinically lean, but most of us want to be muscular as well. The holy grail would be to have lots of muscle and no fat without having to use any brute force methods such as calorie restriction or stimulants. My protocol of bodyweight resistance training, whole body exercises and workouts several times a week combined with separating carbs and fat comes the closest to this I've seen, but it still needs refining.

The approach I'm taking is to think that if I were a body, what would I do to it to make it think "Aha, I really need to get rid of this fat and gain muscle to withstand this". Does anyone have any ideas?
Cycling is a good way of keeping in shape and burning fat. I used to cycle to work all the time as well as cycle for leisure as it's something I really enjoy. But cycling tends to build up the legs and burn off fat.

I was going to ask you what you think of swimming. Not for everyone's personal taste, but swimming is something which uses all the muscles in the body. I always feel really refreshed after a session of swimming as well.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Cornfed wrote:
August 14th, 2023, 10:55 am

Cycling is a good way of keeping in shape and burning fat. I used to cycle to work all the time as well as cycle for leisure as it's something I really enjoy. But cycling tends to build up the legs and burn off fat.

I was going to ask you what you think of swimming. Not for everyone's personal taste, but swimming is something which uses all the muscles in the body. I always feel really refreshed after a session of swimming as well.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

It is amazing that for all the money made and books written about diet, no-one can actually make any comment on the question in the OP. As far as anyone knows, the only way to get lean and muscular is with anabolics and strong stimulants.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:
August 15th, 2023, 10:22 am
It is amazing that for all the money made and books written about diet, no-one can actually make any comment on the question in the OP. As far as anyone knows, the only way to get lean and muscular is with anabolics and strong stimulants.
No one said that. I don't know how many millions of words have been written and spoken on the subject, with no clear cut consensus emerging. Almost no one can address the question with certainty. As I said before, what's working for me right now is making meat a significantly higher percentage of my diet. And along those lines, the fervent anecdotal evidence presented on Youtube for the carnivore diet these days is simply stunning -- to the point that it's becoming like a religious cult. Tales of 250 lbs lost in a year, and the like.

And I have reached the point where I put more stock in anecdotal evidence when it begins to mount up than I do in so-called studies, which are usually created or funded by someone with an agenda. I want my evidence now coming from the populist ground upward, one independent individual at a time, not handed down from on high with the imprimatur of big money.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
August 15th, 2023, 10:36 am
Cornfed wrote:
No one said that. I don't know how many millions of words have been written and spoken on the subject, with no clear cut consensus emerging. Almost no one can address the question with certainty. As I said before, what's working for me right now is making meat a significantly higher percentage of my diet. And along those lines, the fervent anecdotal evidence presented on Youtube for the carnivore diet these days is simply stunning -- to the point that it's becoming like a religious cult. Tales of 250 lbs lost in a year, and the like.
Carnivore diets are a huge improvement over the standard crappy diet, but they won't in and of themselves make you look like a YouTube fitness influencer. Therefore some refinement is called for. My training method works to an extent. Carbing up makes a difference. Now if I could just come up with a refinement to get rid of the last little bit of fat, that would be great.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:
August 15th, 2023, 10:48 am
gsjackson wrote:
August 15th, 2023, 10:36 am
Cornfed wrote:
Carnivore diets are a huge improvement over the standard crappy diet, but they won't in and of themselves make you look like a YouTube fitness influencer. Therefore some refinement is called for. My training method works to an extent. Carbing up makes a difference. Now if I could just come up with a refinement to get rid of the last little bit of fat, that would be great.
Obviously you've got to work out if you want to look like a fitness influencer.

Fasting and high reps, I guess, for the last of the fat. You're familiar with the body building world. See what they do to get cut up for a show. I guess dehydration is part of it. But apparently it's a quite unpleasant experience for them, and not a sustainable way of life.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
August 15th, 2023, 10:56 am
Obviously you've got to work out if you want to look like a fitness influencer.
I don't work out in the sense of going to the gym and I think I'm getting there. The trick is going to be losing the last little bit of fat without resorting to calorie restriction and stims like normal shitty programs have to.
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Post by glanmit »

Exercises regularly. There is no secret in that
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Post by glanmit »

And of course healthy eating habits are not less important. Sometimes body holds fat cause it doesn't have elements which help getting rid of it. In that case i would recommend to do an extended blood test and see what has to be changed in your daily routine. Some people might need extra vitamins/supplements and information about those can be found online on Canadian Pharmacy website. Good luck!
Ginerbell
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginerbell »

I actually drink plenty of water with lemon and do not eat after 6 pm
jeniferbet
Freshman Poster

Post by jeniferbet »

Integrating Pilates into your routine can enhance muscle engagement, promoting a lean physique https://www.womansday.com/health-fitnes ... terme-app/. This low-impact exercise fosters core strength and overall toning, encouraging the body to prioritize muscle development over fat storage. Combining Pilates with balanced nutrition supports a sustainable approach to achieving a lean and muscular physique.