Through the Wormhole - Great Series On The Nature of Reality

Discuss science and technology topics here.
Winston
Site Admin

Through the Wormhole - Great Series On The Nature of Reality

Post by Winston »

Have you guys seen this new science series called "Through the Wormhole" hosted by Morgan Freeman? I've seen a few episodes and it is INCREDIBLE! Each episode deals with the mysteries of the universe or nature of reality, such as the creation of the universe, mysteries of matter, nature of time and space, time travel, afterlife, nature of human consciousness, ESP, etc. Interviews with cutting edge researchers and astro physicists are shown, each bringing some insight into the piece of the puzzle. It is very mind expanding but kind of overloads your brain with information, theories and concepts, so you have to watch it slowly. But it's definitely a MUST SEE.

I don't see any episodes posted on YouTube yet, but you can download the first two seasons from PirateBay for now. Here are the links to download both Seasons. You need a client like BitLord to download them. You can get those for free too.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6768237 ... -(WTC-SWE)

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6768238 ... -(WTC-SWE)
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I have seen the show and it's great. The first episode I saw had to do with whether or not an afterlife exists. The scientific evidence for an afterlife is astounding!
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

It is astounding, but it's ambiguous too. The show presented views from experts on both sides. It isn't a pro-paranormal program or anti-paranormal. It doesn't have firm conclusions. It only shows you the complexity of what's involved. It's a very highly educational and intellectual series for sure.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Momopi and other atheists here,

Guess what? In the 2nd season of "Through the Wormhole" there is an episode called "Is there a sixth sense?" that you should download and watch. (You can download single episodes at the PirateBay links above by selecting them, without downloading the whole season) It's very groundbreaking, because in it, many scientists present their findings and experiments that the existence of ESP is VERY REAL, and has been established beyond doubt, including two famous Atheist scientists - Dr. Michael Persinger, Neuroscientist of Ontario University, and Michio Kaku, physicist and popularizer of science.

This is HUGE. To have two distinguished scientists who are Atheists and do not believe in God or the human soul, come out and announce that ESP is real and now an established fact is HUGE! It means that the paranormalists and average laypeople who have had telepathic experiences, were RIGHT ALL ALONG! I KNEW IT! WE WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG!

For more info, see these articles and public lecture videos.

http://www.skeptiko.com/michael-persing ... thic-link/

http://www.dailygrail.com/Mind-Mysterie ... -Telepathy

Dr. Michael Persinger's public lecture on his findings that thoughts really can travel outside the mind across space:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l6VPpDublg [/youtube]

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

I'm not understanding what this has to do with atheism. But the concept of using magnetic fields in enhanced helmets, "jacking in" to altered state, or genetic enhancements for improved awareness is a fairly common concept in sci-fi anime. See: Newtype humans in Gundam, Maross Plus, Ghost in the Shell, etc.

Consider a possible future where humans expand into space. There are many limitations to our physical body that evolved on Earth, such as loss of bone mass in low grav and other issues. Spaceflight at great speeds & distances may also require the pilot to have vastly improved sensory and n-dimensional space awareness. Gotta know if there's a rock in front of you if you're going to smash into it in 0.5 seconds without course correction.

It's not that I think improved sensory capability is scientifically invalid, but rather, I think of it as something that can be improved with genetic engineering. Much of our senses is dependent on chemical receptors to detect stimuli, which can be enhanced genetically. For example, modification to our genetic coding of rhodospin can be used to expand our sight's range of colors from near ultraviolet to near infrared (fans of re-imaged Battlestar Galatica may recall one Psilon's comment on his limited eyes). Our smell can be expanded with new receptors to recognize more chemical compounds and metals. Even our urine can be modified with genetic modification to add enzymes that would produce colored urine, normally repressed but activated when certain conditions occur in our body. So when you wake up in the morning to take a piss and you see that it's blue, you know to visit the doctor.

The difference between you and me is, you think in terms of the mysterious, the supernatural, and the special. I think in terms of the desirable, the useful, and the profitable (God isn't here to pay for my daily rice, noodles, and dumplings).

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:I'm not understanding what this has to do with atheism. But the concept of using magnetic fields in enhanced helmets, "jacking in" to altered state, or genetic enhancements for improved awareness is a fairly common concept in sci-fi anime. See: Newtype humans in Gundam, Maross Plus, Ghost in the Shell, etc.

Consider a possible future where humans expand into space. There are many limitations to our physical body that evolved on Earth, such as loss of bone mass in low grav and other issues. Spaceflight at great speeds & distances may also require the pilot to have vastly improved sensory and n-dimensional space awareness. Gotta know if there's a rock in front of you if you're going to smash into it in 0.5 seconds without course correction.

It's not that I think improved sensory capability is scientifically invalid, but rather, I think of it as something that can be improved with genetic engineering. Much of our senses is dependent on chemical receptors to detect stimuli, which can be enhanced genetically. For example, modification to our genetic coding of rhodospin can be used to expand our sight's range of colors from near ultraviolet to near infrared (fans of re-imaged Battlestar Galatica may recall one Psilon's comment on his limited eyes). Our smell can be expanded with new receptors to recognize more chemical compounds and metals. Even our urine can be modified with genetic modification to add enzymes that would produce colored urine, normally repressed but activated when certain conditions occur in our body. So when you wake up in the morning to take a piss and you see that it's blue, you know to visit the doctor.

The difference between you and me is, you think in terms of the mysterious, the supernatural, and the special. I think in terms of the desirable, the useful, and the profitable (God isn't here to pay for my daily rice, noodles, and dumplings).

Because usually an Atheist is someone who does not believe in God or the human soul or in anything of a paranormal nature. But this is groundbreaking, because science has now established telepathy to be real. In fact, it did 30 years ago with the remote viewing experiments of Ingo Swann. But since the science community does not know what to do with the implications of telepathy, rather than change its textbooks, they just throw it out. To develop this area would probably be too dangerous as then it would be harder to keep secrets.

This isn't about magnifying your sensitivity though. This is REAL telepathy, using easily replicable experiments, which means that your thoughts REALLY CAN travel OUTSIDE your mind across space and time. Did you read the article? In Persinger's experiment, he connected two people with a magnetic field and placed them into separate rooms. He found that by shining a flashlight into one person's eye, the other person in the other room would react to the light at the same time according to his brain imaging scanner, thus proving conclusively that telepathy is a FACT and is REAL after all.

Most likely, people's minds are linked on this planet by the earth's magnetic field, which the animals, birds and fish use for their guidance system. This is science, not supernatural. It's a real effect and hypothesis.

I woke up one morning in 1995 knowing that my girlfriend had been in a car accident. One hour later, she called me and confirmed it. I knew it was telepathy. It was not a feeling or thought, but a knowing. Experiences like that are very common. Even science confirms them now.

That Atheists like Michael Persinger and Michio Kaku declare telepathy to be real, is huge and groundbreaking, because usually they do not believe in such things. Do you understand the significance?

You all should see the lecture by Persinger above. It's very informative and easy to understand, with profound implications.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Season 3 of Through the Wormhole is out now. You can download it from the torrent sites.

Check out the episode list for Season 3. They deal with very deep and heavy topics. One of them even talks about racial superiority. lol. Imagine that.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1513168/epi ... t_eps_sn_3

Season 3
S3, Ep1
Mar. 6, 2012 Will We Survive First Contact?

S3, Ep2
Jun. 6, 2012 Is There a Superior Race

S3, Ep3
Jun. 13, 2012 Is the Universe Alive

S3, Ep4
Jun. 20, 2012 What Makes Us Who We Are

S3, Ep5
Jun. 27, 2012 What Is Nothing?

S3, Ep6
Jul. 11, 2012 Can We Resurrect the Dead?

S3, Ep7
Jul. 18, 2012 Can We Eliminate Evil?

S3, Ep8
Jul. 25, 2012 Mysteries of the Subconscious

S3, Ep9
Aug. 1, 2012 Will Eternity End?

S3, Ep10
Aug. 8, 2012 Did We Invent God?

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I really really liked the series, and I still have it on my DVR, but I didnt finish the last episode when they started attacking the existence of God.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's a really good episode from Season 3 called "Is the Universe Alive?" where scientists and researchers validate what mystics have said all along, that God is in everything, and that the universe itself is conscious (pantheism). They discuss the possibility that the universe itself may be alive, like an organism on a grand cosmic scale, rather than a lifeless machine like Atheists see it. It's been uploaded to YouTube.