Concorde (And Other Supersonic Aircrafts)

Discuss science and technology topics here.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Concorde (And Other Supersonic Aircrafts)

Post by Lucas88 »

Last night I had a series of strange dreams. In the first one I was in a dystopian version of Spain in the near future and the Covid police came to my house and attempted to force the vaccine on me. Fortunately, I was able to fight off the two government goons who tried to forcibly vaccinate me and then escaped. In the second dream I was a passenger in a new experimental aircraft which looked like some evil bird and took off with vertical ascent. The noise of the engine was off the charts. The speed of the aircraft was otherworldly and very quickly we were up in the heavens at 60,000 feet.

When I woke up, I thought of Concorde and decided to check out some videos.

Here is a documentary:

Concorde taking off

Isn't she an absolute masterpiece?

Concorde flight routes

Concorde was capable of flying at two and half times the speed of sound and at 55,000 feet and could go from London to NYC in just over three hours. How awesome is that! Unfortunately, Concorde was retired in 2003. :(

Did any of you long-term HA'ers ever fly on Concorde? If so, what was it like? Did the physical sensation feel much different to a regular commercial airliner?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Re: Concorde (And Other Supersonic Aircrafts)

Post by Voyager1 »

I never rode the Concorde. Tickets were pricey and the cabin was cramped.

They should a build larger version of the Concorde. One that can hold more passengers. I think they are.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Re: Concorde (And Other Supersonic Aircrafts)

Post by Lucas88 »

Voyager1 wrote:
March 3rd, 2023, 5:05 am
They should a build larger version of the Concorde. One that can hold more passengers. I think they are.
They are. Boom Supersonic is currently developing the Overture supersonic jet and aims to have it ready for commercial flights by 2029.

https://www.timeout.com/news/buckle-up- ... 029-081722

Boom Supersonic Plane | Inside the Boom Overture Plane

Imagine how much the next generation of airliners will benefit us HA'ers once aviation companies master supersonic travel and fuel economy and intercontinental supersonic flights become commonplace and affordable. 8)

Return to “Science and Technology”