Modern Day Debate

Discuss science and technology topics here.
galii
Experienced Poster

Modern Day Debate

Post by galii »

I wonder who is more crazy the flatties or the Dinosaur deniers? My guess is they are the same people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwZ5Tp5uY5U
Dinosaur Hoax? | Rose777 & Alex Stein Vs Dapper Dino & Mark Drysdale
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: Modern Day Debate

Post by Pixel--Dude »

galii wrote:
August 27th, 2023, 3:55 am
I wonder who is more crazy the flatties or the Dinosaur deniers? My guess is they are the same people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwZ5Tp5uY5U
Dinosaur Hoax? | Rose777 & Alex Stein Vs Dapper Dino & Mark Drysdale
I'm half way through and I think the debate is pretty interesting. I want to ask some of the Christians here and flat earthers what they make of the topic of dinosaurs. I'm guessing if you're a flag earther you won't be able to accept that dinosaurs were wiped out by a meteor?

@Cornfed
@MrMan
@Mr. Mistoffelees
@69ixine
@TruthSeeker
@Winston
@gsjackson

I've tagged those who I believe are either Christian or flat earther. What do you guys think Dinosaur bones are if you don't think they exist? Why would palaeontologists lie about their finds?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

We've had the topic of dinosaurs before. The point to make about these kind of issues is that they are not science because we can't do reproducible experiments on them. Therefore they are subjective and so where there is money involved there are going to be all manner of scams.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Ditto what Cornfed said, Among the points Eric Dubay makes is that dinosaurs came along at a point when the evolution fairy tale needed some buttressing, and dinosaurs apparently served that purpose. Also, no one in the general public has ever seen real dinosaur bones. What are shown are replicas, and if you ask you will be told that it is too risky to display the real bones, which are locked away somewhere secure.
Mr. Mistoffelees
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr. Mistoffelees »

Why do dinosaurs disprove the existence of God??? Maybe they were a failed experiment?? Maybe they were a failed experiment that God used to test life on Earth to see if it worked? (˵¯͒〰¯͒˵)

If the Earth is flat, or even if it isn't, whose to say that a meteor wiped them out? Maybe it was disease or....

Maybe God created dinosaurs as an intelligent civilization that inexorably wiped each other out by turning their back on God, harnessing the power of the Atom (forbidden knowledge) and wiping each other out through nuclear war.

We just don't have enough information to ascertain the truth and anything else, including what I've just written, is just mental masturbation and speculation without any merit.

What do y'all think? @Pixel--Dude, @Cornfed, @gsjackson, @galii