Latin TV shows/telenovelas/movies

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Latin TV shows/telenovelas/movies

Post by chibolo »

Here are some great tv series/telenovelas from Latin America and Spain. For those of you who want to learn Spanish, they are a great way to practice.

La Reyna del Sur (Mexico/Colombia/Spain)

Sin Tetas No Hay Paraiso (Colombia)

Hispania la Leyenda (Spain)

Capadocia (Mexico)

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Last night I watched some Latin American TV dramas and I noticed that the women in them look a lot more passionate and natural. The love scenes look a lot more passionate too. Wow.

How can I tell whether a Latin TV channel is Latin or Mexican? Are the same programs broadcast in every Latin country?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MeGustanLatinas
Freshman Poster

Post by MeGustanLatinas »

La Reina Del Sur, te amo Kate del Castillo! :D I loved that, and anything with Maite Perroni and Lucero.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

These shows make single men in California SALIVATE. Don't know where else in the YOO ESS AY thy show them.

If not learning Spanish, just turn the sound off.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

MeGustanLatinas wrote:La Reina Del Sur, te amo Kate del Castillo! :D I loved that, and anything with Maite Perroni and Lucero.
La Reina del Sur is the best telenovela I have ever seen. It is actually a very exciting series, and doesn't have the usual romantic/melodramatic story of most telenovelas (although there is some romance as well). I don't think Kate del Castillo is that hot though, but she's a great actress. :)

Hispania is not really a telenovela, more like a historical series, but it is also very good.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Winston wrote: How can I tell whether a Latin TV channel is Latin or Mexican? Are the same programs broadcast in every Latin country?
Well, Mexico is part of Latin America, so all Mexican channels are "Latin" as well. Every country in Latin America has its own tv channels, so there are lots of them. I think most of the Spanish channels in the US are Mexican though.

Most telenovelas (soap operas/tv series in Spanish) are made in Mexico and they are popular everywhere in Latin America. Other countires also make them though. Colombian and Brazilian telenovelas are also popular. In some Latin countries (like Peru) they even watch Korean soap operas.
Last edited by chibolo on July 14th, 2014, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston, most of the Latin networks are multinational.

The telenovela form was invented in Venezuela, and spread to Colombia, Brazil, and Mexico. The shows run everywhere, with dubbing and/or subtitles as needed. In Mexico on CableMas cable TV, I used to see SPANISH-language shows with SPANISH subtitles. I think the shows were from Argentina or Spain, and the Spanish was that different, THEY NEEDED SUBTITLES. But the culture is so similar, the shows do "travel well".

Univision network was founded by, and is run by, non-Spanish-speaking Jerry Perenchio in Los Angeles. Their shows are filmed all over and show all over.

Top-rated variety show Sabado Gigante, full of hotties, films in Miami, hosted by Syrian-Jew "Don Francisco", who is from Chile. The show is on TV in Mexico and elsewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDGJVE6Yv9M

I think Telemundo network got bought by NBC some years back, and now headquarters in Burbank. Their shows are on TV in Los Angeles, in Mexico and elsewhere.

PS
For serious Latina hotness, see "La Hora Pico", a nightly TV show here in Mexico.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqgpkLE3S18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w698GZu9SXw
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Jester wrote: The telenovela form was invented in Venezuela, and spread to Colombia, Brazil, and Mexico. The shows run everywhere, with dubbing and/or subtitles as needed. In Mexico on CableMas cable TV, I used to see SPANISH-language shows with SPANISH subtitles. I think the shows were from Argentina or Spain, and the Spanish was that different, THEY NEEDED SUBTITLES. But the culture is so similar, the shows do "travel well".
In Peru the telenovelas are either Mexican (the majority), Colombian or Brazilian (dubbed in Spanish). Peru also has its own very popular telenovela called "Al Fondo Hay Sitio". I don't really like it, but it is extremely popular in Peru.

MeGustanLatinas
Freshman Poster

Post by MeGustanLatinas »

chibolo wrote:
MeGustanLatinas wrote:La Reina Del Sur, te amo Kate del Castillo! :D I loved that, and anything with Maite Perroni and Lucero.
La Reina del Sur is the best telenovela I have ever seen. It is actually a very exciting series, and doesn't have the usual romantic/melodramatic story of most telenovelas (although there is some romance as well). I don't think Kate del Castillo is that hot though, but she's a great actress. :)
Oh I wouldn't rank her above Maite nor Lucero, but she can definitely get it. Very sexy. And the tall villainess from El Rostro de La Venganza.

EDIT: Her name is Marlene Favela. Mm. Word.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Here's another telenovela that was very popular about 10 years ago. This one is more traditional, similar to most of the series made by Mexican network Televisa:

Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

I missed Thalia with her Telenovelas. She was even popular in Turkey though in Germany latin telenovealas are not liked.

I lave Thalia´s songs which is also great for learning the language.