Some good horror films

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Some good horror films

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote:
May 25th, 2021, 11:36 pm
Jamesbond,
Wow this looks really good and creepy.

Possession (1981) starring Sam Neil. Trailer:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082933/?ref_=vp_back
https://yts.mx/movies/possession-1981
Just saw this. Man. Dang. It was a real MIND f**k. Not just creepy, disturbing, morbid, psychotic, and twisted, it makes you feel like you've lost your friggin mind and gone insane and berzerk too. If you like feeling that way, you will love this film. It is SUPER PSYCHO, probably the most psycho film I've ever seen. No modern film compares to it. Everything about it is creepy and morbid. It's like a waking nightmare. It leaves you with a feeling of constant dread too. See the trailer above and you'll see what I mean.

I had no idea what was going on after the first half of the film, and I didn't understand why they kept talking about God, spirituality and morality, while acting totally psycho at the same time. It made no sense. So I looked up some interpretations of the film and found this one. It gives some good explanations for what's going on and how God, morality, and spirituality fit into it. The narrator admits though that this is just one interpretation and that the film is open to multiple interpretations.

Some creepy images from the film.

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/lookin ... ossession/

The scene where his wife is in the subway tunnel and goes totally psychotic and berzerk will disturb you greatly and make you feel like you've gone psycho too. If you can't handle that, don't watch this film. It's definitely not for everyone. It's very dark and morbid and even the psycho crazy eyes of Sam Neill and his wife will chill you to the bone and creep you out majorly.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond,
This looks good. Check it out. It's about a werewolf terrorizing passengers on a train. It's low budget but well done.

Howl (2015) Trailer

Full Movie

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this movie called "The Good Neighbor" about an experiment gone wrong, where a bunch of kids trick an old man next door into thinking that his house is haunted, only to discover that he's a badass violent psychopath that is ruthless and deadly. This just goes to show that even an old man can be ruthless and badass if you push his buttons. lol. See trailer below.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2262315/?ref_=vp_back

Trailer:

Also check out this horror movie called "Honeymoon". It looks really creepy and a suspenseful slow burn. lol. The trailer look good.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3177316/

Synopsis
Young newlyweds Paul and Bea travel to remote lake country for their honeymoon. Shortly after arriving, Paul finds Bea wandering and disoriented in the middle of the night. As she becomes more distant and her behavior increasingly peculiar, Paul begins to suspect something more sinister than sleepwalking took place in the woods.

Trailer:

Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

I wouldn't mess with an old man, you never know what kind of cards he's got up his sleeve lol.

Honeymoon sounds like the kind of horror movie I'd like. I am a big fan of the psychological/dementia type horror films. You ever seen Shutter Island @Winston ?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yes I've seen Shutter Island. It's very Kafkaesque. A great thriller. You never know whether he's paranoid or if the island has a real conspiracy. I love that, when they leave it open ended. What did you think of it? The ending has a great twist too.

Did you see the Honeymoon Trailer? Didn't it look rad?

Btw, this trailer for P2 looks exciting too. It's about a woman trapped in a parking garage by a security guard on Christmas Eve after everyone left.

Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Winston wrote:
July 11th, 2021, 5:51 pm
Yes I've seen Shutter Island. It's very Kafkaesque. A great thriller. You never know whether he's paranoid or if the island has a real conspiracy. I love that, when they leave it open ended. What did you think of it? The ending has a great twist too.

Did you see the Honeymoon Trailer? Didn't it look rad?

Btw, this trailer for P2 looks exciting too. It's about a woman trapped in a parking garage by a security guard on Christmas Eve after everyone left.

I watched half the trailer for Honeymoon but it kind of felt to me like one of those trailers that reveals a bit too much of the movie so I stopped in the middle of it.

Shutter Island was a mind f**k for me lol. I really like when movies actually put you inside the head of an insane person. I had that sense of unease that a good horror movie leaves you with after-ward. So overall I thought it was very good.

P2 looks pretty good as well. The biggest appeal to me about horror movies has always been when the writers have a talent for turning every day situations into something frightening. I feel like horror movies, at their best, have the opposite idea of an action movie. An action movie's strengths are generally in its ability to wow you, to be fantastical and big. An action movie relies on a powerful/superhuman protagonist, large explosions, wild car chases, and lots of bullets/gunshots, torn up environments to be good. A horror movie, however, relies on subtlety to be good. The horror movie needs a normal everyman/everywoman protagonist and a typical situation that suddenly becomes bizarre. It thrusts the ordinary person into strange situations. Even if the threat is a werewolf like in your other example, its a story of a werewolf stalking everyday train passengers. Its still a fundamental question of "what would you do if you, an ordinary person, was put in this bizarre situation while just going about your every day life?"
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Outcast9428 wrote:
July 11th, 2021, 9:12 pm
I watched half the trailer for Honeymoon but it kind of felt to me like one of those trailers that reveals a bit too much of the movie so I stopped in the middle of it.
I watched the entire trailer. I wanted one question answered so I actually read a spoiler. I am going to watch The Honeymoon first because it seems interesting and I can say it is a very original plot for a horror movie.

I am definitely going to try to watch it tomorrow or sometime this week.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I agree Outcast. I prefer psychological horror films too. Especially if they are slow burn and use what you can't see to scare you. I don't like horror films that show too much or are too graphic or gory. That turns it into a a show, not an experience. I love best the films that feel like an experience, not just a movie. An example is "Dances with Wolves". It's not a horror film, but it feels like the viewer is having an experience, not just watching a movie.

Psychological horrors where you sense the main character descending into insanity and aren't sure what's real anymore, are great too. So you can experience the descent into madness of the main character.

Btw, if you liked Shutter Island, you will love "The Tenant" by Roman Polanski. It has that similar theme where the protagonist, played by Polanski himself, is not sure whether he's going mad or if everyone is out to get him and in on a conspiracy. The ending is hilarious and open ended too. A true masterpiece and work of art. I'm surprised it's not as well known as "Rosemary's Baby" which is another good psychological horror by Polanski where the woman goes mad and becomes paranoid, but the conspiracy and cult around her are real.

Here's what I wrote about it: viewtopic.php?p=353386#p353386

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Just saw P2 and Honeymoon. They were very good. Very suspenseful and edge of your seat. Great execution, even though a bit predictable with many horror cliches. But still well done. Keeps you focused and edge of your seat. You almost feel sorry for that security guard for being so lonely that he had to go psycho and kidnap the girl and murder several people too.

Honeymoon was a slow burn. Started off as a carefree happy blissful honeymoon with a couple in love and on cloud 9, enjoying the kind of bliss we all dream of. Then it all turns creepy and spooky when the newlywed bride is sleep walking in the woods and comes back a different person. It makes you feel the confusion and terror, that's what makes a great film. The ending is a bit open ended, but I think I know what they are getting at. Really good. Will spook you out for a while after the movie. I wonder if such a thing is possible or has happened before. lol

Here's the link to download Honeymoon if you guys want to get it on torrent.

https://yts.mx/movies/honeymoon-2014

Synopsis
Young newlyweds Paul and Bea travel to remote lake country for their honeymoon. Shortly after arriving, Paul finds Bea wandering and disoriented in the middle of the night. As she becomes more distant and her behavior increasingly peculiar, Paul begins to suspect something more sinister than sleepwalking took place in the woods. —Official

Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Winston wrote:
July 12th, 2021, 4:46 pm
Just saw P2 and Honeymoon. They were very good. Very suspenseful and edge of your seat. Great execution, even though a bit predictable with many horror cliches. But still well done. Keeps you focused and edge of your seat. You almost feel sorry for that security guard for being so lonely that he had to go psycho and kidnap the girl and murder several people too.

Honeymoon was a slow burn. Started off as a carefree happy blissful honeymoon with a couple in love and on cloud 9, enjoying the kind of bliss we all dream of. Then it all turns creepy and spooky when the newlywed bride is sleep walking in the woods and comes back a different person. It makes you feel the confusion and terror, that's what makes a great film. The ending is a bit open ended, but I think I know what they are getting at. Really good. Will spook you out for a while after the movie. I wonder if such a thing is possible or has happened before. lol

Here's the link to download Honeymoon if you guys want to get it on torrent.

https://yts.mx/movies/honeymoon-2014

Synopsis
Young newlyweds Paul and Bea travel to remote lake country for their honeymoon. Shortly after arriving, Paul finds Bea wandering and disoriented in the middle of the night. As she becomes more distant and her behavior increasingly peculiar, Paul begins to suspect something more sinister than sleepwalking took place in the woods. —Official
Just finished Honeymoon myself.

Damn that was a good one. I'd say that's definitely among the most well done horror movies I've seen.

I went back and watched the rest of the trailer. I'm definitely glad I paused in the middle of it. Definitely one of those trailers that shows you way too much. The trailer was almost an entire summary.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cool. We must have similar taste outcast. Lol. What did u think of the ending of Honeymoon? Any theory on it?

Note: Spoiler alert. If you didnt see it yet then dont read any replies to this post.

Btw what was your interpretation of the ending of Shutter Island? Did the director say it was open ended?

Btw remember in Shutter island that scene in the hidden cave when Leonardo DiCaprio talks to the escaped woman from the asylum? And she tells him about the conspiracy and makes him paranoid? Wasn't that a chilling scene? That was my favorite scene. Especially since it takes place inside a spooky cave.

Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Winston wrote:
July 14th, 2021, 9:03 am
Cool. We must have similar taste outcast. Lol. What did u think of the ending of Honeymoon? Any theory on it?

Note: Spoiler alert. If you didnt see it yet then dont read any replies to this post.

Btw what was your interpretation of the ending of Shutter Island? Did the director say it was open ended?

Btw remember in Shutter island that scene in the hidden cave when Leonardo DiCaprio talks to the escaped woman from the asylum? And she tells him about the conspiracy and makes him paranoid? Wasn't that a chilling scene? That was my favorite scene. Especially since it takes place inside a spooky cave.
Winston, you’re killing me man, :lol:. Gotta hit the reply button.

The ending for Honeymoon was definitely very good. I’m actually kind of satisfied with the fact that they didn’t go for a happy ending because that made it feel more like a horror movie. I suspect that the other guy that the protagonist talked to and his girlfriend were also similar to the protag and his girlfriend until the aliens got a hold of her. To me it seems like the aliens put some kind of parasite in them intended to turn them into an alien. I’m wondering if the protagonist’s girlfriend didn’t actually make a mistake in “hiding him under the water” but rather killed him on purpose because what she went through with the aliens raping her was so traumatizing that she didn’t want the aliens to get to him and thought killing him was the best way she could spare him from suffering.

The scene in the cave from shutter island was definitely a good scene. It makes me wonder, which I guess is the point of the film, whether shutter island asylum really did brainwash him. It could be that he is insane and she didn’t exist but they very well could’ve lied to him about her and implanted false memories through the combination of drugs, a believable backstory, and psychological manipulation.

Definitely a good open ending though meant to invoke theories.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If you guys wanna see a horror movie that's very creepy and unsettling, check out Jacob's Ladder from 1990. It's a classic and will leave you feeling disturbed. If you love that feeling, then this is a good one for you. lol. The sexy Mexican woman Elizabeth Pena is in it too, but there's a demonic scene with her that will make you jump. lol. Here are some reviews of it below so you can see what I mean.

Review by Siskel and Ebert

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another good slow burn psychological horror movie from 1987 starring Mickey Rourke and Robert DeNiro called "Angel Heart". It's supposed to have a great twist too. See review below.

Trailer

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A really scary terrifying sci fi horror film called "Event Horizon" from 1997. Reviews and summaries below.