Best GTA Game of the 3D Universe Era

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: Best GTA Game of the 3D Universe Era

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Lucas88 wrote:
August 16th, 2023, 5:43 am
Here are two GTA mods which change one or more aspects of each mission to make it much harder: Tightened Thrice and Tightened Vice, for GTA 3 and GTA Vice City respectively.

I've watched through some videos of these mods. They do indeed make the games much more fun by adding more powerful enemies and extra obstacles or even changing up some missions completely.

The mods also introduce new radio stations as well as other new features. It's always good to shake things up a bit for the sake of novelty.

I don't know who the modder is but he did a really good jerb with these mods. I'd like to play through them when I get a better laptop.

A speedrun of Tightened Thrice (GTA 3):

A playthrough of Tightened Vice (GTA Vice City):

What do you think of these mods, @Pixel--Dude? What about you, @Natural_Born_Cynic?

I actually wanna play Tightened Thrice the most. I think that GTA 3 is a very underrated GTA game, has some really interesting objective-based missions and is more challenging than both GTA Vice City and San Andreas. I even like the aesthetics for their dystopian atmosphere. The contrast between the dark and hopeless Liberty City and the shining lights of pristine sportscars and such is awesome. The game also catches the overall vibe of the early 2000s perfectly. 8)
I think both are wonderful additions to already great games. They add "more meat" to the base game. Rockstar should've made those into DLCs , but
They are too busy working on GTA 6 which the main character is some "Latina" women with big a$$(your favorite) and some guy.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
August 16th, 2023, 6:47 am
I think both are wonderful additions to already great games. They add "more meat" to the base game. Rockstar should've made those into DLCs , but
They are too busy working on GTA 6 which the main character is some "Latina" women with big a$$(your favorite) and some guy.
Yes, some of those fan-made missions are as good as or even better than the original games themselves. Rockstar, you've got fans in their basements making awesome spinoff content for your games. Just hire them for fcuk sake and have them create for you some official DLCs!!!

As for GTA 6, I love the Latina woman with the big ass. I don't know how I'm gonna play that game without getting a massive boner and becoming distracted. :P

Here is some allegedly leaked footage of the female protagonist Lucia and her phat booty:

Lucia and her voice actress:

Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Lucas88 wrote:
August 16th, 2023, 5:43 am
Here are two GTA mods which change one or more aspects of each mission to make it much harder: Tightened Thrice and Tightened Vice, for GTA 3 and GTA Vice City respectively.

I've watched through some videos of these mods. They do indeed make the games much more fun by adding more powerful enemies and extra obstacles or even changing up some missions completely.

The mods also introduce new radio stations as well as other new features. It's always good to shake things up a bit for the sake of novelty.

I don't know who the modder is but he did a really good jerb with these mods. I'd like to play through them when I get a better laptop.

A speedrun of Tightened Thrice (GTA 3):

A playthrough of Tightened Vice (GTA Vice City):

What do you think of these mods, @Pixel--Dude? What about you, @Natural_Born_Cynic?

I actually wanna play Tightened Thrice the most. I think that GTA 3 is a very underrated GTA game, has some really interesting objective-based missions and is more challenging than both GTA Vice City and San Andreas. I even like the aesthetics for their dystopian atmosphere. The contrast between the dark and hopeless Liberty City and the shining lights of pristine sportscars and such is awesome. The game also catches the overall vibe of the early 2000s perfectly. 8)
That sounds awesome! I've always found GTA Vice City the kind of game which is fun just to drive around on. We've given that game so much replayability that we still enjoy playing it today!

GTA 3 was enjoyable and fun, but no GTA rivals Vice City. I'll check out the videos you posted when I'm not at work and when I have more free time.

As a side note. If anyone on the forum has Vice City and wants to try any of the hardcore missions me and Lucas made up just let me know and I'll post them here :lol:

Alternatively if you're after replaying this awesome game you can try playing a normal playthrough and completing every mission with either 4 or 6 stars!
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Lucas88 wrote:
August 16th, 2023, 10:32 am
August 16th, 2023, 6:47 am
Yes, some of those fan-made missions are as good as or even better than the original games themselves. Rockstar, you've got fans in their basements making awesome spinoff content for your games. Just hire them for fcuk sake and have them create for you some official DLCs!!!

As for GTA 6, I love the Latina woman with the big ass. I don't know how I'm gonna play that game without getting a massive boner and becoming distracted. :P

Here is some allegedly leaked footage of the female protagonist Lucia and her phat booty:

Lucia and her voice actress:

You know, they should've put Catalina from GTA 3 as main character.. Instead we got Lucia..

Señorita grande culo
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

August 16th, 2023, 10:37 am
You know, they should've put Catalina from GTA 3 as main character.. Instead we got Lucia..
I don't think that it has been revealed what decade GTA 6 will be set in, but Catalina met her miserable end in 2001 when Claude shot down her chopper and blew up her big silicone titties.

The following is all that remains of those phat enhanced Latina phunbags :( :

So maybe it would be chronologically impossible to cast Catalina as the GTA 6 protagonist (an 80s setting would be too early for Catalina and any time after 2001 would obviously be after her horrific demise). Besides, Catalina is too evil to be the GTA 6 protagonist. All of the playable characters in the GTA series have had some redeeming qualities despite their criminality but Catalina has none whatsoever! :?
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Lucas88 wrote:
August 16th, 2023, 11:09 am
August 16th, 2023, 10:37 am
I don't think that it has been revealed what decade GTA 6 will be set in, but Catalina met her miserable end in 2001 when Claude shot down her chopper and blew up her big silicone titties.

The following is all that remains of those phat enhanced Latina phunbags :( :

So maybe it would be chronologically impossible to cast Catalina as the GTA 6 protagonist (an 80s setting would be too early for Catalina and any time after 2001 would obviously be after her horrific demise). Besides, Catalina is too evil to be the GTA 6 protagonist. All of the playable characters in the GTA series have had some redeeming qualities despite their criminality but Catalina has none whatsoever! :?
I agree, she is evil and a crazy b*tch, but it's fun to rampage Vice City and Liberty City as her. Well.. somehow she survives a helicopter crash in GTA 3 and had reconstructive surgery by the Columbian Cartel's doctors with a new set of ta-tas and culo. You can customize her look like in Saints Row 2 prologue and select her gender as transgender, male or female. Then she can come back to take over Vice City or Liberty City. :wink: 8) :lol:
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

August 16th, 2023, 12:58 pm
I agree, she is evil and a crazy b*tch, but it's fun to rampage Vice City and Liberty City as her. Well.. somehow she survives a helicopter crash in GTA 3 and had reconstructive surgery by the Columbian Cartel's doctors with a new set of ta-tas and culo. You can customize her look like in Saints Row 2 prologue and select her gender as transgender, male or female. Then she can come back to take over Vice City or Liberty City. :wink: 8) :lol:
Catalina probably already is transgender because she always acts as though she has a pair of kahunas. LMAO!

I like the idea of Catalina surviving the helicopter crash and getting reconstructive surgery and a new set of tetas and culo from the Colombian Cartel (I actually appreciate Catalina as a villain character even though she's a major c*nt :evil: ) but at the same time I think that, if Catalina survived, with how psycho she is she would immediately hunt down Claude and Maria and kill them in cold blood. Unfortunately, there's no further mention of what happens in the 3D Universe after the events of GTA 3 since that one is the last from an in-game chronological standpoint. Moreover, GTA 4, 5 and presumably 6 take place in a different and supposedly unrelated universe. I never understood why Rockstar made it like that :?.

I'd love to see Catalina as the protagonist in a GTA 3 prequel though (even if it's just a fan-made one). Mafia capo Toni Cipriani got his own prequel which followed his rise to power in the Leone Crime Family in the form of Liberty City Stories. Likewise, I think that it would be good to have a separate prequel that follows Catalina's criminal trajectory in Liberty City prior to the events of GTA 3. It could be called GTA: Catalina's Crime Spree. 8)

I'd also love to see a sequel to Vice City Stories with Lance Vance as the protagonist - one that follows the evolution of the Vance Brothers' criminal empire in both Vice City and Latin America between the events of GTA VCS and GTA VC. Lance is an awesome character, one with charm and charisma despite his bratty attitude. The sequel could be called GTA: Lance Vance Dance. LMAO!

Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Lucas88 wrote:
August 16th, 2023, 5:09 pm
August 16th, 2023, 12:58 pm
Catalina probably already is transgender because she always acts as though she has a pair of kahunas. LMAO!

I like the idea of Catalina surviving the helicopter crash and getting reconstructive surgery and a new set of tetas and culo from the Colombian Cartel (I actually appreciate Catalina as a villain character even though she's a major c*nt :evil: ) but at the same time I think that, if Catalina survived, with how psycho she is she would immediately hunt down Claude and Maria and kill them in cold blood. Unfortunately, there's no further mention of what happens in the 3D Universe after the events of GTA 3 since that one is the last from an in-game chronological standpoint. Moreover, GTA 4, 5 and presumably 6 take place in a different and supposedly unrelated universe. I never understood why Rockstar made it like that :?.

I'd love to see Catalina as the protagonist in a GTA 3 prequel though (even if it's just a fan-made one). Mafia capo Toni Cipriani got his own prequel which followed his rise to power in the Leone Crime Family in the form of Liberty City Stories. Likewise, I think that it would be good to have a separate prequel that follows Catalina's criminal trajectory in Liberty City prior to the events of GTA 3. It could be called GTA: Catalina's Crime Spree. 8)

I'd also love to see a sequel to Vice City Stories with Lance Vance as the protagonist - one that follows the evolution of the Vance Brothers' criminal empire in both Vice City and Latin America between the events of GTA VCS and GTA VC. Lance is an awesome character, one with charm and charisma despite his bratty attitude. The sequel could be called GTA: Lance Vance Dance. LMAO!

Yep, F*cking A! I would love to see Catalina as a protagonist and rampage Liberty City in "GTA: Colombian Connections". She reminds me of Trevor
from GTA 5 , except female.

I never really liked Lance Vance and didn't feel strong connection with him for some reason. He gets overshadowed by Tommy Vercetti and Phil Cassidy. Lance Vance I think wasn't that interesting as a character. Just a black sidekick and later traitor.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

August 16th, 2023, 8:15 pm
I never really liked Lance Vance and didn't feel strong connection with him for some reason. He gets overshadowed by Tommy Vercetti and Phil Cassidy. Lance Vance I think wasn't that interesting as a character. Just a black sidekick and later traitor.
Lance is actually a way funnier and more awesome character in GTA Vice City Stories. His behavior is reckless and over the top and he comes out with all kinds of hilarious shit!

Here is a compilation video of all of the VCS cutscenes and missions that include Lance being funny as fcuk :lol: :

Now maybe you'll see why I think that Lance Vance would make an awesome protagonist! 8)
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

@Lucas88
@Natural_Born_Cynic

I think Lance Vance was an interesting character. He's way more interesting on his own than all the main characters of San Andreas put together. CJ and all his buddies are just really boring hood gangster wannabees. Lance is a badass and he doesn't even have his own hood!

It just drives home the reality that Vice City is the best GTA ever made. It pisses all over San Andreas and GTA 3. It is way better than GTA 5 and I'd bet my left nut that it is a much better game than GTA6 as well. :lol:
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Pixel--Dude wrote:
August 17th, 2023, 9:32 am
@Lucas88
@Natural_Born_Cynic

I think Lance Vance was an interesting character. He's way more interesting on his own than all the main characters of San Andreas put together. CJ and all his buddies are just really boring hood gangster wannabees. Lance is a badass and he doesn't even have his own hood!

It just drives home the reality that Vice City is the best GTA ever made. It pisses all over San Andreas and GTA 3. It is way better than GTA 5 and I'd bet my left nut that it is a much better game than GTA6 as well. :lol:
I still don't like Lance Vance. CJ and his buddies will fill Lance with lead as fast as he can blink. Plus Lance is Sonny's rat that betrayed Tommy Vercetti later on. Which is his cardinal sin. Tommy Vercetti is one of my favorite protangonists. :D

Vice city is good but short. San Andreas is the greatest game in the GTA series in terms of game play. GTA 4 is piece of gray, bland, soulless dumpster fire that tried too hard to be realistic and GTA 5 also piece of shiny plastic graphical trash except for Michael and Trevor. Franklin is just black sidekick house negro. Devin Weston is the worst Villian in the GTA series, just a whiny self entitled, annoying Steve jobs wannabee.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Pixel--Dude wrote:

Vice City is awesome but it doesn't so undisputedly piss all over the other GTA games.

While Vice City's colorful 80s-themed aesthetics and soundtrack are extremely beautiful, the missions are actually not as unique or challenging as those of GTA 3 and San Andreas. GTA 3 has quite a few very good objective-based missions that are genuinely difficult and require either specific knowledge or trial and error to complete, and San Andreas has some of the best and most elaborate missions in any GTA game, especially once you reach the airstrip and Las Venturas. Vice City, on the other hand, is noticeably easier to complete as though the mission difficulty were dumbed down a little bit for a more mainstream audience. I think that this aspect detracts from the overall masterpiece.

GTA Vice City Stories might possibly be even better than Vice City. VCS has the same colorful 80s-themed aesthetics but a little bit grittier and an ever more fleshed-out soundtrack with some absolute classics, but the missions are brilliant and far more creative than those of Vice City (VCS might actually be the most difficult GTA game) and the empire mode is baddass. The story is also more elaborate.

In San Andreas, CJ and his hood gangsta friends aren't boring. SA includes far more character and story development than Vice City and characters such as Big Smoke, Sweet, Cesar, Kendl, Officer Tenpenny, Catalina, etc. all have character. CJ's "buddies" from the hood aren't all just wannabe gangstas either. Big Smoke is already involved with serious drug dealing operations early in the game and eventually becomes a powerful drug lord and Ryder ends up selling out to the Loco Syndicate. But the theme of the story is that CJ, Kendl and Cesar all manage to get out of the hood and start a new life for themselves in San Fierro and Las Venturas. It is only because of Sweet who is loyal to the hood that they return to Los Santos and get caught up in the riots and gang wars. CJ, Kendl and Cesar are smart characters who are able to transcend that lifestyle while all of the dumb or otherwise dishonorable characters end up getting destroyed by their greed and vices.

You are unable to appreciate San Andreas because you've never played through the entire game by yourself. I challenge you to play through it either alone or with your girlfriend and then come back and tell me what you think of it! 8)
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Lucas88 wrote:
August 17th, 2023, 12:15 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:

Vice City is awesome but it doesn't so undisputedly piss all over the other GTA games.

While Vice City's colorful 80s-themed aesthetics and soundtrack are extremely beautiful, the missions are actually not as unique or challenging as those of GTA 3 and San Andreas. GTA 3 has quite a few very good objective-based missions that are genuinely difficult and require either specific knowledge or trial and error to complete, and San Andreas has some of the best and most elaborate missions in any GTA game, especially once you reach the airstrip and Las Venturas. Vice City, on the other hand, is noticeably easier to complete as though the mission difficulty were dumbed down a little bit for a more mainstream audience. I think that this aspect detracts from the overall masterpiece.

GTA Vice City Stories might possibly be even better than Vice City. VCS has the same colorful 80s-themed aesthetics but a little bit grittier and an ever more fleshed-out soundtrack with some absolute classics, but the missions are brilliant and far more creative than those of Vice City (VCS might actually be the most difficult GTA game) and the empire mode is baddass. The story is also more elaborate.

In San Andreas, CJ and his hood gangsta friends aren't boring. SA includes far more character and story development than Vice City and characters such as Big Smoke, Sweet, Cesar, Kendl, Officer Tenpenny, Catalina, etc. all have character. CJ's "buddies" from the hood aren't all just wannabe gangstas either. Big Smoke is already involved with serious drug dealing operations early in the game and eventually becomes a powerful drug lord and Ryder ends up selling out to the Loco Syndicate. But the theme of the story is that CJ, Kendl and Cesar all manage to get out of the hood and start a new life for themselves in San Fierro and Las Venturas. It is only because of Sweet who is loyal to the hood that they return to Los Santos and get caught up in the riots and gang wars. CJ, Kendl and Cesar are smart characters who are able to transcend that lifestyle while all of the dumb or otherwise dishonorable characters end up getting destroyed by their greed and vices.

You are unable to appreciate San Andreas because you've never played through the entire game by yourself. I challenge you to play through it either alone or with your girlfriend and then come back and tell me what you think of it! 8)
I don't think San Andreas compares to Vice City, my friend. Vice City has better aesthetics, better cars, better characters, better soundtrack and although the map is much smaller by comparison, it has its own charm and a lot more distinguishable locations than any of the other GTA games.

I wouldn't play through San Andreas again dude. I think it's possibly the worst GTA. I don't wanna play as CJ and larp as a hood gangbanger I wanna larp as a big badass crime lord like Tommy Vercetti!

I found the missions on GTA SA just dragged on and they introduced that infuriating stealth mechanic which just sucked balls. I mean, we couldn't even play through San Andreas with 6 stars for every mission! How gay is that? And the gang wars were a total snore fest dude. Just repeating the same shit with the same NPC characters shooting at each other with different coloured headbands on. :lol:

GTA 3 at least had interesting rich and diverse gangs, which made it somewhat interesting and the runner up for best GTA game. But Vice City takes the cake! I first completed the game more than 10 years ago (at a guess) but even today it is still a gem that I enjoy playing through with 6 stars on all missions or even making up my own missions. The other GTA games haven't had that kind of replayability for me. Therefore, I think GTA Vice City is the best GTA.

The missions on Vice City weren't that easy either dude. The different properties you could buy made the game pretty interesting with different kinds of missions and what's more is they were all unique locations!
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Pixel--Dude wrote:
August 17th, 2023, 3:19 pm
Lucas88 wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:

I don't think San Andreas compares to Vice City, my friend. Vice City has better aesthetics, better cars, better characters, better soundtrack and although the map is much smaller by comparison, it has its own charm and a lot more distinguishable locations than any of the other GTA games.

I wouldn't play through San Andreas again dude. I think it's possibly the worst GTA. I don't wanna play as CJ and larp as a hood gangbanger I wanna larp as a big badass crime lord like Tommy Vercetti!

I found the missions on GTA SA just dragged on and they introduced that infuriating stealth mechanic which just sucked balls. I mean, we couldn't even play through San Andreas with 6 stars for every mission! How gay is that? And the gang wars were a total snore fest dude. Just repeating the same shit with the same NPC characters shooting at each other with different coloured headbands on. :lol:

GTA 3 at least had interesting rich and diverse gangs, which made it somewhat interesting and the runner up for best GTA game. But Vice City takes the cake! I first completed the game more than 10 years ago (at a guess) but even today it is still a gem that I enjoy playing through with 6 stars on all missions or even making up my own missions. The other GTA games haven't had that kind of replayability for me. Therefore, I think GTA Vice City is the best GTA.

The missions on Vice City weren't that easy either dude. The different properties you could buy made the game pretty interesting with different kinds of missions and what's more is they were all unique locations!
Vice City was cool, but not lot of missions, only 46 missions? and Tommy Vercetti can't swim. :lol: and you can't customize Tommy's looks and clothes. San Andreas is feature rich and you have lot of stuff to do there. Plus San Andreas had 101 missions and map spanning three cities in two states. I personally like San Andreas and think it is the greatest GTA game of all time. All the other GTA games pales in comparison. I don't really care if CJ doesn't have much personality because CJ is supposed to represent "your" avatar just like the "Doom Guy" in Doom.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

August 18th, 2023, 6:52 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
August 17th, 2023, 3:19 pm
Lucas88 wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:

Vice City was cool, but not lot of missions, only 46 missions? and Tommy Vercetti can't swim. :lol: and you can't customize Tommy's looks and clothes. San Andreas is feature rich and you have lot of stuff to do there. Plus San Andreas had 101 missions and map spanning three cities in two states. I personally like San Andreas and think it is the greatest GTA game of all time. All the other GTA games pales in comparison. I don't really care if CJ doesn't have much personality because CJ is supposed to represent "your" avatar just like the "Doom Guy" in Doom.
I disagree. You can give Tommy some different outfits if you wanted to. The selection isn't too big, but you can dress him up in golfing clothes or a hockey mask etc. He can even buy fancy suits.

Tommy can't swim which I think makes the game better. There's nothing more tedious than having to swim for miles because you accidentally drove off a cliff somewhere. Although it would be better of Tommy could climb, because it's annoying as f**k when the po po are chasing you and you get caught and f***ed up because of a knee high picket fence.

But overall Vice City is just superior to San Andreas for a number of reasons. In terms of the map. Size doesn't matter :mrgreen: Vice City has a more interesting map with iconic and interesting locations as well as a beautiful 80s miami aesthetic. The soundtrack is just superior to San Andreas. The cars are better. The characters are more rich and interesting.

San Andreas is just mediocre in comparison.