New Star Trek Fan Made Films - Independent, Non-Corporate

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

New Star Trek Fan Made Films - Independent, Non-Corporate

Post by Winston »

Check out this new independent Star Trek movie called "Of Gods and Men". It features cast from the original series and the next generation series. You can watch it for free here:

http://startrekofgodsandmen.com/main/
Last edited by Winston on January 28th, 2013, 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Alright I just watched all three parts, and I must say, that was pretty good. Very nice for a web film. I wonder where they got the background sets of the old Enterprise. I would definitely recommend watching it. It's funny, the story is interesting and somewhat complex, and the acting is fantastic. Some say that Uhura and Chekov acted better in this film than they did in the big studio Star Trek films. And the film features a great space battle scene at the end too.

So check it out at the link above. It is free to watch.

Btw, did anyone ever hate that God awful Star Trek The Next Generation series? God it was horrible and never really got better. The characters were the worst they could have chosen. They were totally bland and uninteresting and politically correct. I wonder what Gene Roddenberry was smoking when he chose such lame uninspiring characters with no charm or charisma.

In every great series, the characters immediately feel like a part of your family. You care about them and invest your emotions into them. But in STNG the characters were so bland and uninteresting that you didn't care what happened to them. There was no emotional investment into them. The plots were also lame and boring too. And the CGI starships didn't look as good as the real models of the original series did.

New versions are supposed to be an upgrade, not a downgrade. Sheesh.
Last edited by Winston on May 15th, 2012, 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
smallcheese
Freshman Poster

Post by smallcheese »

I've watched every Star Trek series that's ever been made, including Enterprise. I liked all of them because at least these shows had some intelligence to them and every once in a while, made you contemplate your own position on a controversial social or political issue. In STNG, the most interesting characters for me were Data and Worf.

Any of the Star Trek series is better than the current crap of reality shows on U.S. TV like the Real Housewives series, the Kardashians series, Jersey Shore, the Bachelorette, etc.

Unfortunately this nonsense today is what passes for entertainment now in the U.S. and lowers the IQ of all Americans watching it. But that's the point, isn't it? Dumb down Americans so that they don't realize that their future is being stolen right from under their noses. :-)
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Winston, yes you are so right. The next generation crew were some lame figures. Picard was boring as hell. I would like kirk beating his lame ass :). At least Q could have done that.
One reason for that was that the counsellor troy was allowed to sit next to the captain. Everything was then to feminin.

I wonder that you liked Kirk as he is a somekind of a thug who beats people and alians up :)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

At least we agree on something Billy.

Did you grow up in Germany or in Turkey?

Btw everyone, check out the new free Star Trek film in the OP. Let me know what you think. It's pretty good and includes a great space battle at the end.

Billy check out the new film and let us know what you think.

ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Post by ph_visitor »

Not exactly 'New'. This was filmed in 2006 and released before the newest ST:2009.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Winston, at least in the truely important things we have the same opinion :)

Maybe I will check the film someday later due to limeted bandwith from internet. At the moment I am dealing with leaving germany. I will lose my sweet home probably this or next week. Then I will be a nomad and will probably be in Turkey in ca. 3 weeks. Though I think of going to SEA too :)

I came to Germany when I was 5 years old. So I am here in Germany for 33 long years :)

Why don´t you build some muscles like our Kirk? :)

I don´t watch movies now. Avengers would be quite interesting as I was a huge Marvel fan. :) But I am probably too frugal and too old to watch it:)
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

My short take on the 3 part series:

For the most part it felt like a lower end short television series rather than a movie. But it was written by writers that worked for the TV shows so I guess that is what they are used to writing. The story was okay but they should have elaborated a bit at parts cause it felt like they were rushing through scenes and maybe they had to do too much editing to keep it within time constraints. The acting is kinda sub par in my opinion mostly filled with 3rd or 2nd tier actors from various Star Trek TV series. Now i understand why some actors are never given more dialogue in the various Star Trek TV series, cause they suck. They did a really good job though of recreating the look and feel of the original series in a modernized way. You have to be familiar with some of the original TV series story lines though to understand what's going on so it's really made only for Star Trek fans to begin with.

Watch it if you liked the original Star Trek series and can remember the time flow of how some episodes could effect the present period the episode takes place in. If you only like explosions and special effects and can't focus on dialogue between characters than take a pass.

Some of the characters come mainly from the original Star Trek, Voyager and Deep Space Nine TV show. I didn't notice any Next Generation Actors in it.

It was cool that they added aliens from the original show that you don't see in the newer shows much like the green skinned love slaves and the blue skinned antennae dudes. The Enterprise set was actually still old school but modern, it was a pretty cool recreation of the original with modern overtones. Computer animation helped the space scenes look more realistic but yet still kinda old school looking.

I don't get why you would destroy an entire planet though (Vulcan) I would think it would be better to just take the planet over and use its resources. There were a number of questionable things that happened during the story line that doesn't make critical sense, but I guess it's not meant to be too realistic.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's the whole thing up on YouTube now.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: New Star Trek Fan Made Films - Independent, Non-Corporate

Post by Winston »

New Star Trek fan film "The First Frontier".

This is the story of the initial launching of the Starship USS Enterprise NCC-1701 under the command of Captain Robert April with his wife, Commander Sarah April, the ship's first Chief Medical Officer. It's the story of a starship that needs a Captain, and a Captain that needs a starship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAlGf5Wfe4g

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another fan made film of the original Star Trek series with the same props, sets and costumes but different crew. Not as good as Star Trek Continues though.

To see the Star Trek Continues series, which is a fan made continuation of the original series and pretty well done, see the links here:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=32372

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

New fan made Star Trek animation film called "The Paradise Makers". Part 1 and 2.