Revolution

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Revolution

Post by Teal Lantern »

Wondering if anyone is following this series... or planning for something similar. :shock:

Some people call shows like this and The Colony "predictive programming". Your thoughts?
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

The lady in this video, Melanie Anne Phillips, was a collaborator of Chris Huntley in the development of the Dramatica theory of screenwriting. It is a systematic development and anaysis of the "Hero's Journey" type of satisfying storytelling which mimics the logic or flow of satisfying human dreams. This type of now-classic-American storytelling has enabled Hollywood to dominate the world. Dramatica is a fully fleshed-out theory of this type of storytelling. It is now incarnated in a software package to aid writers in structuring an interesting and satisfying story.

Dramatica-based screenwriters have a regular weekly meeting in Burbank (formerly in Glendale), which I have attended. I showed them this video when the subject of PC storytelling came up. They were quite stunned. They all knew Melanie, but had not thought out the political or social implications of the Dramatica theory.

There is of course a strong PC current in most stories discussed in the workshop. But writers generally do that subconsciously, not consciously.

This video openly and consciously discusses social engineering through storytelling. That's why it was eye-opening to the screenwriters at the Dramatica writers group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puC-RTZR ... plpp_video

I do not think that most screenwriters consciously do social engineering. But clearly film financiers and studio/network executives do consciously choose projects based on social engineering "value". Almost a point system. Television especially.

Oh and - PS - clearly shadowy organizations like Rand Corporation have screenwriters ON STAFF, to vet various ideas about possible false-flag and media-spin "storylines" to be used in real life.

This is what has become of brilliant people in the "postmodern" world. Our finest artists, lackeys for slavers.

(BTW, when I mention lackeys, I am not referring to Melanie or Chris. I am suggesting rather that there are nameless drones who have sold their souls to Rand and its ilk, and no doubt use Dramatica theory. Answering questions like, how many planes should we use on 9/11? What kind of timing would be most... dramatic? What will the audience be feeling? How will they be affected? Etc, etc. A few screenwriters, along with plenty of engineers, economists, political flacks, etc. All in the service of Mordor, there in that building in Santa Monica.)
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

It looks like "Terra Nova" for political buffs. Not at all interested.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.