Wow look how wholesome, natural, & nice TV characters were before!

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Wow look how wholesome, kind, natural & normal TV characters were before!

Post by Winston »

You are right gsjackson. The few westerns that are made today have a lot of dufus male characters and smart women. Why do they like to make women smarter than men in movies and TV shows? What's the logic behind that? In real life, women are not that smart as they show on TV and in movies. Why lie?

Thank goodness at least in science fiction shows and movies, the men in them are usually very rational, logical, and resourceful. Especially the white men in them.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 12:20 am

Don't you wish all American women today are like Lindsay Wagner? If they were, America wouldn't be such a bad place huh? lol. And women would be easy to talk to and connect with and vibe with huh? lol

Yes, if more women in America acted like Lindsay Wagner, the women would be better looking and easy to talk to and date.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:
July 11th, 2021, 7:50 pm
Winston wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 12:20 am

Don't you wish all American women today are like Lindsay Wagner? If they were, America wouldn't be such a bad place huh? lol. And women would be easy to talk to and connect with and vibe with huh? lol
Yes, if more women in America acted like Lindsay Wagner, the women would be better looking and easy to talk to and date.
Yeah have you noticed when watching movies and TV shows from the 70s that the women seem a lot more down to earth and social and natural? Like you could vibe with them easily and naturally? Even though they are acting, you can still tell that there is something different about them, like they were a different species than the modern women today. Do you get that sense when watching movies from the 70s too?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out these intros for the classic cartoon epics like He-Man and She-Ra from the 1980s. They sound epic and exciting and stimulating. Nothing in today's cartoons are like this. These classic cartoons from the 80s always preached good moral lessons and parables, and the characters were always so wholesome, good, and righteous. Cartoons today don't do that, all they do is talk about racial equality and non-discrimination. Has anyone noticed this? The shows from the 80s were so different. Were any of you fans of He-Man or She-Ra? If so, these intros will give you a sense of nostalgia. Also, wasn't She-Ra so friggin hot? I don't normally have the hots for cartoon characters, but She-Ra is an exception. lol. @jamesbond what do you think of She-Ra? Isn't she the hottest cartoon character ever? lol

Extended He-Man theme. Very groovy and epic.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

All the Superfriends intros from 1973 to 1985. There were multiple Superfriends series between that time, so these are all the intros from each series. The music also sounds epic and exciting.

The thing is, all the Superfriends characters were perfectly good and wholesome and righteous. As if they never had a single dark thought. lol. No one in real life is like that of course. It makes you wonder if Jesus was made up too, since Jesus is portrayed as perfectly wholesome, good and righteous too, like the Superfriends and He-Man and She-Ra are. I mean, if these perfectly good characters were made up, it makes you wonder if Jesus was too, since no one in real life is like that, devoid of even one dark thought.

Perhaps they are all archetypes of the warrior or hero within us. That's not as far fetched as you think. Many great comparative religion and mythology scholars have said that, such as Carl Jung and Joseph Campbell. That Jesus represents the Christ within, and was not necessarily a historical character. The Christ within is what Christians truly seek and worship. Likewise, these perfectly good cartoon characters like He-Man and She-Ra and the Superfriends, represent the warrior or hero archetype within, which is what children are connecting to when they love and admire these characters. That sort of makes sense if you think about it. This means of course that Jesus could be entirely made up to appeal to the Christ archetype within us. It's very possible, even if it goes against what Christians want to believe. Many great scholars such as Carl Jung and Joseph Campbell have posited this as well, so it is a credible theory to explain religion.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Wow look how wholesome, natural, & nice TV characters were before!

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this playlist of 171 episodes for "The Lucy Show" starring Lucille Ball from the 1960s. They are wholesome and really funny and pure genius comedy. They don't make them like they used to. I watched some of the episodes and marveled at how good comedy was back then, and so wholesome too. The first season is in black and white but after that the rest of the episodes are in color. If you are in the mood for good comedy, you will love these episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... qd901-MWIc

Here are 4 episodes I found where Lucy and Carol Burnette star together. They are great together and very funny too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFpCRMu ... 10&pp=iAQB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4SUBSf ... 11&pp=iAQB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FtrVAu ... 39&pp=iAQB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vhX4NR ... 40&pp=iAQB

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out these interviews with Star Wars stars, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher from the late 1970s and early 1980s. They look so kind, innocent, wholesome, and warm. Totally unlike Americans today. Mark Hamill looks so soft and kind, like Mr. Rogers. lol. And Carrie Fisher looked so hot and feminine. I had a crush on her when I was a kid. Now I see why. I can't believe she looked so ghetto in the last few years of her life. Like a different person.

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

It's nice that we can watch old TV or movies to see what humans were like. People today are subhuman.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

fschmidt wrote:
November 13th, 2023, 6:07 pm
It's nice that we can watch old TV or movies to see what humans were like. People today are subhuman.
Fortunately for all of us Jewish rule will take us back to those times or tombs should I say. :mrgreen:
Time to Hide!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The bionic woman meets the bionic dog.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

jamesbond wrote:
November 17th, 2023, 12:37 am
The bionic woman meets the bionic dog.

I used to like the Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman shows back when I was little, but if I saw this episode, I was too young to recall it now. It's a bit unrealistic. I think she would have just broken the handle off that door with her strength rather than opening it.

And who would give a prototype bionic dog a super-powered jaw? That's asking for trouble. What if the bionics made him go crazy and attack everyone?