Clint Eastwood & Charles Bronson - REAL MEN in action movies!

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Clint Eastwood & Charles Bronson - REAL MEN in action movies!

Post by Winston »

MrMan wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 9:33 pm
Winston wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 8:42 pm
New Clint Eastwood movie. He plays an ex rodeo star who goes to Mexico to rescue a boy and then becomes his mentor about growing up and life. lol. Typical cliches about growing up and becoming a real man. lol.

Geez how can he be going to Mexico and rescuing anyone at his age?

Trailer below:

Cry Macho (2021)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1924245/?ref_=vp_back
Haven't you heard? 91 is the new 31?

I wonder why he still made a movie at 90 or 91 or however old he was when they filmed. He's got money. Maybe he's building up more of an inheritance for his children, or he believed in the message of the film. Or maybe he just enjoys making movies.
Maybe hes an artist and wants to create films he has in his mind while he still can. Like an author wanting to put out their last books and put their ideas or thoughts into words while they still can? Good to know he can still make films and star in them. He must be very robust.

It could also be that he found retirement to be boring and needed a creative outlet, so he decided to make some low key films like this. This one is similar to that other one he made some years ago where he mentored some Vietnamese teen who was in trouble with gangs. How come Eastwood always mentors boys and never girls? lol. Is it because it's taboo to have a man and girl bond nowadays? But it was ok in that 1994 movie "Leon: The Professional". lol

William Shatner is a similar age and he just put out some comedy movie too where he drove around in a sports car like a reckless young man. Lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Guhji
Freshman Poster

Post by Guhji »

Finally, you post something I can wholeheartedly agree with. Bronson was a true badass. He was working in coal mines from the age of 10. He was a tail-gunner in WWII and received a Purple Heart for valor. He was terrific in Hard Times, Death Hunt, and the Great Escape. Not to mention the Death Wish films.

Lee Marvin, James Garner, Jimmy Stewart-these guys were all ex-military, showed great courage under fire, and made great movies. It's really a damn shame what Hollywood has become in the modern era. Stupid movies and girlie men actors. Sign of the times, I guess.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Does anyone know if there are any movies where Clint Eastwood faced off against Charles Bronson or John Wayne? That would have been a badass ultimate dream match up that would have drawn tons of interest. But it probably would have been a conflict of interest because you can't have two macho heros together who always win because one of them would have to lose, unless they worked together on a team. So I doubt they ever did that.

There was one called "Unforgiven" from 1992 where Clint Eastwood faced off against Gene Hackman who played the villain. That was pretty badass.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105695/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
September 22nd, 2021, 7:55 pm
Does anyone know if there are any movies where Clint Eastwood faced off against Charles Bronson or John Wayne? That would have been a badass ultimate dream match up that would have drawn tons of interest. But it probably would have been a conflict of interest because you can't have two macho heros together who always win because one of them would have to lose, unless they worked together on a team. So I doubt they ever did that.

There was one called "Unforgiven" from 1992 where Clint Eastwood faced off against Gene Hackman who played the villain. That was pretty badass.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105695/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
There is a film where Jackie Chan fights Arnold Schwarzenegger, action heroes of about a generation later, but both old men now. It's a light action comedy set partly in China.

They fought each other in the film. Maybe they should do a film with Clint Eastwood and Liam Neeson. Liam Neeson can use the superpower he used in Taken... called cut scenes to beat up Shwarzenegger and Jacki Chan. He could teach Eastwood to use cut scenes, too, and together the two of them could defeat these men who were quite athletic in their day, who are probably pretty tough dudes for their age.