Some good horror films

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: Some good horror films

Post by Pixel--Dude »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
September 2nd, 2022, 10:54 pm
Winston wrote:
September 1st, 2022, 9:26 pm
No @Pixel--Dude I generally don't like zombie movies. They are too cliched and exaggerated and don't make basic logical sense. For example, if the zombies are dead then why are they hungry for flesh? And if they are hungry for flesh, why don't they only take one bite out of the victim? Even people who love to eat Doritos chips takes many bites. lol. And why don't the zombies eat each other if they are hungry for flesh? Why only non-zombies? So you see, nothing makes sense about zombie movies.
I always thought this myself, why do they only target the living. But they don't only bite once. There was a recent Korean zombie film about a guy trapped in his apartment, and I saw the preview where this woman hugged a school girl before she transformed and she bit the woman multiple times. I hate zombie films, they are boring, stupid, and even if one person is being attacked no one will even try to help if it's one zombie they are struggling with. They stand there and scream like a goddamn moron and watch as the person dies. Korea's Train To Busan was one of those films that got automatic high praises just because Koreans made it when clearly its the same shit as all the Western zombie films. Its like anything Korea produces get automatic praise because their shit is that overrated even more so than Hollywood. Like the film HOST.
I am not saying these are good movies just because they were made in Korea. I have always liked the zombie genre since playing Resident Evil as a child.

Is someone standing by and watching someone else be eaten really that unbelievable? We see this kind of thing happen all the time. An accident for example where people will crowd around and spectate rather than do anything to help.

Watch American zombie movies, with the exception of George A Romero's classics, the rest are regurgitated rubbish. The Walking Dead for example is like Little House on the Prairie. There is no tension. It doesn't keep you on the edge of your seat. The Korean movie Train to Busan did have that tense atmosphere and was a good, if not brilliant addition to the zombie genre.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
September 3rd, 2022, 12:01 am
Winston wrote:
No @Pixel--Dude I generally don't like zombie movies. They are too cliched and exaggerated and don't make basic logical sense. For example, if the zombies are dead then why are they hungry for flesh? And if they are hungry for flesh, why don't they only take one bite out of the victim? Even people who love to eat Doritos chips takes many bites. lol. And why don't the zombies eat each other if they are hungry for flesh? Why only non-zombies? So you see, nothing makes sense about zombie movies.
I always thought this myself, why do they only target the living. But they don't only bite once. There was a recent Korean zombie film about a guy trapped in his apartment, and I saw the preview where this woman hugged a school girl before she transformed and she bit the woman multiple times. I hate zombie films, they are boring, stupid, and even if one person is being attacked no one will even try to help if it's one zombie they are struggling with. They stand there and scream like a goddamn moron and watch as the person dies. Korea's Train To Busan was one of those films that got automatic high praises just because Koreans made it when clearly its the same shit as all the Western zombie films. Its like anything Korea produces get automatic praise because their shit is that overrated even more so than Hollywood. Like the film HOST.
I am not saying these are good movies just because they were made in Korea. I have always liked the zombie genre since playing Resident Evil as a child.

Is someone standing by and watching someone else be eaten really that unbelievable? We see this kind of thing happen all the time. An accident for example where people will crowd around and spectate rather than do anything to help.

Watch American zombie movies, with the exception of George A Romero's classics, the rest are regurgitated rubbish. The Walking Dead for example is like Little House on the Prairie. There is no tension. It doesn't keep you on the edge of your seat. The Korean movie Train to Busan did have that tense atmosphere and was a good, if not brilliant addition to the zombie genre.
To be fair I don't even like the horror genre, I tried the ring once but damn it was boring for a horror movie.
The only entertaining horror film I saw was Psycho Cop on HBO a long time ago when I was a kid, but when I seen the film recently never realized how gory it was. But I just hate horror films simply because of all the gore. Psychological horror films are different and normally don't rely on gore at all.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

September 3rd, 2022, 1:22 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
September 3rd, 2022, 12:01 am
Winston wrote:

To be fair I don't even like the horror genre, I tried the ring once but damn it was boring for a horror movie.
The only entertaining horror film I saw was Psycho Cop on HBO a long time ago when I was a kid, but when I seen the film recently never realized how gory it was. But I just hate horror films simply because of all the gore. Psychological horror films are different and normally don't rely on gore at all.
I don't know if it is classed as a horror film as such, but it definitely plays into the psychological aspect of horror and the paranoia among the survivors. An alien invades a research base in the middle of nowhere and begins to assimilate with crew members so nobody in the base knows who is human and who is an alien imposter.

Have you seen this one, @Winston? It's a really good movie.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Just saw this great horror film that I would recommend. It's very creepy, intense and edge of your seat. The great thing about it is that it gives you mixed feelings and makes you feel conflicted. On the one hand, the cult group in this sound crazy and psychotic, but on the other hand, they seem like good caring people with good hearts, which is shown in the movie too. I love movies that make you feel conflicted like that. This movie is about a cult group that approaches a cabin with two gay male parents and their adopted Asian girl. They tell them that one of them has to be sacrificed to save the world and prevent the apocalypse, or else 7 billion people will die. At first it sounds crazy but more and more proof comes that what they are saying is true. It's very creepy and makes you feel conflicted the whole time. Here's the trailer below.

Knock at the Cabin (2023)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15679400/

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
EdwardMatthew
Freshman Poster

Post by EdwardMatthew »

Hereditary (2018). A grieving family is haunted by sinister forces after the death of their secretive grandmother, unraveling a disturbing legacy that threatens to consume them all. With its chilling atmosphere, intense performances, and shocking twists, "Hereditary" is a masterclass in psychological horror that will leave you on the edge of your seat.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@jamesbond you will love this one. The trailer looks very good. See below. It stars Peter Cushing.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070078/?ref_=vp_close

From Beyond the Grave (1974)

An anthology of four short horror stories revolving around a mysterious antique shop owner and his antique pieces, each of which hides a deadly secret.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

Post by CaptainSkelebob »

These films look fkin shite!!
Where do you dig up these fossilized old bags of shit from Winston???
Nobody is going to waste time watching these badly funded nativity plays you call horror movies
LOOOOOOL
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@jamesbond
Another one you will like. This one stars all three - Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, and Vincent Price!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064949/?ref_=vp_vi_tt

Scream and Scream Again (1970)

A serial killer who drains his victims' blood is on the loose in London. The police follow him to a house owned by an eccentric scientist.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@jamesbond

Have you ever seen this horror series? It looks pretty good. See clips below.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080231/?ref_=vp_vi_tt
Hammer House of Horror (1980)

This British anthology series, which was produced by England's leading exporters of horror films, told tales of haunted houses, demons, ghosts, and other supernatural wonders.
All 13 episodes are on YouTube. See playlists below.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... q7zRFu9gKH

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 8ftDaZzWDc

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

CaptainSkelebob wrote:
July 8th, 2023, 2:20 pm
Nobody is going to waste time watching these badly funded nativity plays you call horror movies
LOOOOOOL
I would watch it. They look so original and good with no CGI! Can't beat that!

CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

Winston wrote:
July 8th, 2023, 2:28 pm
CaptainSkelebob wrote:
LOOOOOOL
I want to be scared when I watch horror movies
Not sat playing with my balls wondering when the pile of shite will end...
Tbh I havent watched a good horror movie all my life
Why should I be impressed if the movie has no cgi fella???
If anything thats just all the more reason not to bother watching some dickhead roll around in ketchup pretending to die LOL
The only scary thing about these fossils you call horror movies is that someone would waste time sitting and watching them
Eh
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

CaptainSkelebob wrote:
July 8th, 2023, 2:34 pm
Winston wrote:
CaptainSkelebob wrote:
LOOOOOOL
If anything thats just all the more reason not to bother watching some dickhead roll around in ketchup pretending to die LOL
The only scary thing about these fossils you call horror movies is that someone would waste time sitting and watching them
Eh
I don't understand your point. Just because something is old doesn't mean it's not worth watching. Why should people only watch newer movies? What is your logic based on? If it's good then it's good. Why does age matter when it comes to movies? On what basis? Just because you are programmed to always go for what's new doesn't mean new is always better. Besides, the old movies give me a sense of nostalgia and an era where movies were good and characters were likable and distinctive.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some trailers for forgotten good old horror movies.

EdwardMatthew
Freshman Poster

Post by EdwardMatthew »

I would agree with @CaptainSkelebob about the movie choices. We want to watch movie that are made with CGI and has some stories my favorite are the conjuring movies.
Here is a complete list of movies in the conjuring universe that are better then the above mentioned movies. https://www.thestreambible.com/blog/mov ... -universe/
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

Winston wrote:
July 10th, 2023, 1:33 pm
CaptainSkelebob wrote:
July 8th, 2023, 2:34 pm
Winston wrote:
CaptainSkelebob wrote:
LOOOOOOL
Eh
I don't understand your point. Just because something is old doesn't mean it's not worth watching. Why should people only watch newer movies? What is your logic based on? If it's good then it's good. Why does age matter when it comes to movies? On what basis? Just because you are programmed to always go for what's new doesn't mean new is always better. Besides, the old movies give me a sense of nostalgia and an era where movies were good and characters were likable and distinctive.
How can you not understand my point???
Eh?
Did I not explain it clear enough???
You like older movies coz ur not open minded to change
New movies have cgi and special effects that make the movie more immersive
Not like the old fossils you are posting about here fella
Why watch some cunt rolling about in ketchup when you can see them get torn apart with cgi and special effects
That is way better fella
Stop watching shite fella and catch up with the 21st century
They will be using ur shit horror movies for oil in a few more years cos they are that old :lol: