Some good horror films

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Some good horror films

Post by Winston »

@CaptainSkelebob
I don't think many here agree with you that CGI makes a good movie. Even movie critics and top reviewers never say that a movie is good because of good CGI. No way. CGI makes the movies look more fake and more like a video game than a movie. It takes the fun and realism and meaning out of it. In the future, A.I. will create all the movies, which is the plan of the controllers, because A.I. and technology will be your new gods, not money anymore, not Jesus anymore. No. A.I. and technology will be your gods. Why do you want to conform to that?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Anyone who loves atmospheric horror movies will love this one. It looks rad. It has Nazis, a Romanian castle, and a supernatural demon. What more could you ask for? It's very atmospheric and has a soundtrack from Tangerine Dream too. See trailer below.

The Keep (1983)

Nazis are forced to turn to a Jewish historian for help in battling the ancient demon they have inadvertently freed from its prison.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085780/?ref_=vp_close
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Winston wrote:
August 2nd, 2023, 4:43 pm
Anyone who loves atmospheric horror movies will love this one. It looks rad. It has Nazis, a Romanian castle, and a supernatural demon. What more could you ask for? It's very atmospheric and has a soundtrack from Tangerine Dream too. See trailer below.

The Keep (1983)

Nazis are forced to turn to a Jewish historian for help in battling the ancient demon they have inadvertently freed from its prison.

@Winston There's this other world outside of the movies that you may have never heard of. It's called reality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
milevaa
Freshman Poster

Post by milevaa »

Halloween is great. I found this article, followed the guide https://www.firestickhow.com/jailbreak-firestick.html and now I have free access to tons of movies, shows and much more. There it’s so easy to find anything I want to watch.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

kangarunner wrote:
August 2nd, 2023, 4:59 pm
Winston wrote:
August 2nd, 2023, 4:43 pm

The Keep (1983)

@Winston There's this other world outside of the movies that you may have never heard of. It's called reality.
But reality is stranger than fiction, as people say, so it cannot be that real either. Matt McKinley has tons of examples of why reality can't be real in his Reality Gives Itself Away series on his Quantum of Conscience channel. Too bad you don't follow it so we aren't on the same page. See his midnight radio show and his unnamed book chapters series. Tons of examples.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow guys, check out this new horror movie about Dracula being on board a ship from Romania to England. The trailer and plot look really good. See below.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1001520/?ref_=vp_close

The Last Voyage of the Demeter (2023)

Storyline

Based on a single chapter, the Captain's Log, from Bram Stoker's classic 1897 novel "Dracula", the story is set aboard the Russian schooner Demeter, which was chartered to carry private cargo - 24 unmarked wooden crates - from Carpathia to London. The film will detail the strange events that befell the doomed crew as they attempt to survive the ocean voyage, stalked each night by a terrifying presence on board the ship. When it finally arrived near Whitby Harbour, it was derelict. There was no trace of the crew.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@CaptainSkelebob

Check out the trailer for this Italian giallo film called "All the Colors of the Dark" from 1972. As you can see, without CGI everything looks more real and scary and original. Plus Italians are better in artistic things too. And the dark haired woman in this is so gorgeous and perfect with natural feminine beauty, something you don't see in movies today. This trailer will show you how much more authentic and natural the 70s were, like @gsjackson said. That's why I resonate with these films.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069390/

@publicduende did you ever watch Italian giallo films like these? They are so rad. Here's the whole movie in Italian or Portuguese if you want to see it. The one I saw was in English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ius7XPOJuI

Btw isn't that dark haired woman in it so perfect looking and feminine? Do you know her? Are there Italian women like that today? lol

Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Winston wrote:
August 31st, 2023, 11:19 am
Wow guys, check out this new horror movie about Dracula being on board a ship from Romania to England. The trailer and plot look really good. See below.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1001520/?ref_=vp_close

The Last Voyage of the Demeter (2023)

Storyline

Based on a single chapter, the Captain's Log, from Bram Stoker's classic 1897 novel "Dracula", the story is set aboard the Russian schooner Demeter, which was chartered to carry private cargo - 24 unmarked wooden crates - from Carpathia to London. The film will detail the strange events that befell the doomed crew as they attempt to survive the ocean voyage, stalked each night by a terrifying presence on board the ship. When it finally arrived near Whitby Harbour, it was derelict. There was no trace of the crew.
I watched this movie a couple of nights ago. I thought it was okay. But just okay. I wouldn't watch it again.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:
September 6th, 2023, 7:08 am
@CaptainSkelebob

Check out the trailer for this Italian giallo film called "All the Colors of the Dark" from 1972. As you can see, without CGI everything looks more real and scary and original. Plus Italians are better in artistic things too. And the dark haired woman in this is so gorgeous and perfect with natural feminine beauty, something you don't see in movies today. This trailer will show you how much more authentic and natural the 70s were, like @gsjackson said. That's why I resonate with these films.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069390/

@publicduende did you ever watch Italian giallo films like these? They are so rad. Here's the whole movie in Italian or Portuguese if you want to see it. The one I saw was in English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ius7XPOJuI

Btw isn't that dark haired woman in it so perfect looking and feminine? Do you know her? Are there Italian women like that today? lol
Oh yeah, that's some old stuff. Sergio Martino, one of the Italian pioneer of the "giallo" (crime thrillers, often with horror overtones). Dario Argento also made a few giallos before committing himself to the horror genre.

Edwige Fenech...unforgettable in those roles. Ironically, she is remembered more for the many sexy comedies she took part in. Yep, she was a beauty, French-Sicilian-Maltese blood. It doesn't get more Mediterranean than that.

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Winston wrote:
August 31st, 2023, 11:17 am
But reality is stranger than fiction, as people say, so it cannot be that real either. Matt McKinley has tons of examples of why reality can't be real in his Reality Gives Itself Away series on his Quantum of Conscience channel. Too bad you don't follow it so we aren't on the same page. See his midnight radio show and his unnamed book chapters series. Tons of examples.
@Winston I have listened to Matt's channel. I just don't know what the the "notnilc" is. I think the reason most people don't question reality is because we all have been trained from school to conform. Also, it's cool to fit in with everyone else. It also makes you feel good to fit in. When others look at you as an outcast, your brain chemicals will make you feel down and depressed like you're an outsider. Just go on Reddit and see what happens when you disagree with what most people are saying. Most redditors are leftist and conformist.

I do agree with you Winston that the "hive mind" is real. People want to fit in with the larger group. No one wants to be an outsider.

I've been forced into exile by America so I have no choice but to be an outsider.

@Winston Why didn't Matt respond to your video below? Why doesn't Matt have you on his channel for discussion?

When you say "freethinker" in this video, there should be a better word. Because it's more like critical thinker...contrarian

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

An interesting new horror movie to check out about a girl in a house alone with an alien. There is almost no dialogue and throughout the movie she has a battle of wits with the alien. It's low budget but done very well with amazing CGI. Everyone says it's really good. Here's the trailer below.

No One Will Save You (2023)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14509110/

Also check out this one from 1987 with Martin Sheen called "The Believers" about a father who moves to New York with his son only to meet a pagan cult that wants to sacrifice his son. It is very scary and has a lot of gory scenes, so it may be too much for some people unless you are a real horror fan. Even the trailer looks scary. See below.

The Believers (1987)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092632/

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@kangarunner

Thanks for the intelligent comments. I'm glad you are posting serious honest thoughts now. Yeah I agree that it's cool to fit in. But you can't just become normal to fit in if you don't. I know this because when I was a teenager I had normie beliefs and followed the crowd, yet everyone hated me starting from 1983 when some weird divine curse was placed on me. I swear. It seemed metaphysical, but was very real. The thing is, me being a freethinker didn't cause people to reject me, it's the other way around, the rejection from others caused me to become a freethinker or deep thinker. So new agers and many here tend to have things BACKWARDS. I would have preferred to be a normie, but I was not allowed to be one or treated like one. Some people seem to give off a vibe that makes others, especially women, dislike them for no reason, even if they have normal beliefs and are a normal decent guy. Many here are probably in the same boat, and that's why they are misfits, but not by choice.

Nowadays, many are misfits. We are supposed to form groups with other misfits, like the hippies do. But if we are too unique then we will have trouble finding any groups even of like minded people, because they will always be in different places, as though the universe wants to keep us apart and make us loners.

We all have a role and script to play and some people may be scripted to be misfits, so the universe makes us misfits, whether we want to be or not. No one wants to be a misfit or loner or hermit deep down. So I highly doubt that it's a choice.

If you don't believe me, try being a normal with normal beliefs, and see if Americans suddenly accept you and invite you into their social cliques and parties. You will see that it's not that easy.

In life, people like and dislike you for no reason at all. That's the way it is. There's no logic to any of it.

Also in some countries like Taiwan, no one feels like a true friend, even if you're a normie, because that's how people are there. They got no soul and no interest in being your friend, so they may be 100 percent NPCs with literally no soul at all.

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Winston wrote:
September 27th, 2023, 2:03 pm
@kangarunner

Thanks for the intelligent comments. I'm glad you are posting serious honest thoughts now. Yeah I agree that it's cool to fit in. But you can't just become normal to fit in if you don't. I know this because when I was a teenager I had normie beliefs and followed the crowd, yet everyone hated me starting from 1983 when some weird divine curse was placed on me. I swear. It seemed metaphysical, but was very real. The thing is, me being a freethinker didn't cause people to reject me, it's the other way around, the rejection from others caused me to become a freethinker or deep thinker. So new agers and many here tend to have things BACKWARDS. I would have preferred to be a normie, but I was not allowed to be one or treated like one. Some people seem to give off a vibe that makes others, especially women, dislike them for no reason, even if they have normal beliefs and are a normal decent guy. Many here are probably in the same boat, and that's why they are misfits, but not by choice.

Nowadays, many are misfits. We are supposed to form groups with other misfits, like the hippies do. But if we are too unique then we will have trouble finding any groups even of like minded people, because they will always be in different places, as though the universe wants to keep us apart and make us loners.

We all have a role and script to play and some people may be scripted to be misfits, so the universe makes us misfits, whether we want to be or not. No one wants to be a misfit or loner or hermit deep down. So I highly doubt that it's a choice.

If you don't believe me, try being a normal with normal beliefs, and see if Americans suddenly accept you and invite you into their social cliques and parties. You will see that it's not that easy.

In life, people like and dislike you for no reason at all. That's the way it is. There's no logic to any of it.

Also in some countries like Taiwan, no one feels like a true friend, even if you're a normie, because that's how people are there. They got no soul and no interest in being your friend, so they may be 100 percent NPCs with literally no soul at all.
@Winston Why are you not making more videos on your channel?

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is a good classic horror movie from 1967 called, "The Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism." It stars Christopher Lee and the lovely Karin Dor.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi @jamesbond where have you been? Why did you disappear? Just because you were angry about something? Geez. You guys can be petty. You guys gotta learn to be more spiritual. lol