Your thoughts on the US TV show "Shameless."

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Tamingstrange
Freshman Poster

Your thoughts on the US TV show "Shameless."

Post by Tamingstrange »

I'm curious, what are your thoughts on the US TV show "Shameless?" It seems to have a rather large fan base and everybody's always talking about how "funny" it is.

I personally have watched several episodes and I really don't understand why everybody loves it so much. I didn't laugh once. I just find it to be a really trashy, low class show, that appeals to people that enjoy other trash shows like "Jersey Shore" or "The Jerry Springer Show."
It's boring, depressing, not funny, and lacks any depth with constant vulgarity. Almost all the characters are very repugnant low life pieces of garbage devoid of any morals. It's full of liars, deceivers, selfish and conniving manipulators, drunks, thieves, drug users, thugs, hookers, Bible bashers and other unscrupulous people. And it all seems to be glamorized, glorified and presented as "Cool." It shows how western civilization has fallen at an accelerated pace. It's now in free fall. Watching a few episodes of this was bad enough. Just imagine having to binge watch all 11 seasons?? No thank you! If I want to watch a good comedy about a dysfunctional family, I'll stick with "Malcolm in the Middle."

Sorry for the rant, I just need to get it off my chest.