'In Search Of' - TV Mysteries Program Hosted by Leonard Nimoy

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

'In Search Of' - TV Mysteries Program Hosted by Leonard Nimoy

Post by jamesbond »

In Search of... is an American television series that was broadcast weekly from 1977 to 1982, devoted to mysterious phenomena. Leonard Nimoy was the host. The program conducted investigations into the controversial and paranormal (e.g., UFOs, Bigfoot, and the Loch Ness Monster).

Additionally, it featured episodes about mysterious historical events and personalities such as Anna Anderson/Grand Duchess Anastasia, the Lincoln Assassination, the Jack the Ripper murders, infamous cults (e.g., Jim Jones), and missing persons, cities, and ships (e.g., Amelia Earhart, Jimmy Hoffa, D. B. Cooper, the Mary Celeste, the Titanic, the lost Roanoke Colony).

Because the show often presented offbeat subjects and controversial theories, each episode's opening credits included a verbal disclaimer about the conjectural nature of the evidence and theories to be presented: "This series presents information based in part on theory and conjecture. The producer's purpose is to suggest some possible explanations, but not necessarily the only ones, to the mysteries we will examine."

Here is the intro and ending credits and theme song for the show, "In Search Of."

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 'In Search Of' - TV Program Hosted By Leonard Nimoy

Post by jamesbond »

This episode is about searching for bigfoot. It originally aired in 1976.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 'In Search Of' - TV Program Hosted By Leonard Nimoy

Post by MrMan »

jamesbond wrote:
September 28th, 2021, 5:40 pm
This episode is about searching for bigfoot. It originally aired in 1976.

I remember the intro to that show. I watched that show when I was about 5 years old. I didn't make the connection that Mr. Spock was the narrator at the time.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 'In Search Of' - TV Mysteries Program Hosted by Leonard Nimoy

Post by jamesbond »

They now have all 5 seasons of "In Search Of" out on DVD that you can purchase.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is an episode of "In Search Of" where they discuss the 'The Amityville Horror' case.

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

jamesbond wrote:
August 15th, 2022, 8:50 pm
Here is an episode of "In Search Of" where they discuss the 'The Amityville Horror' case.
I heard an account of someone who commanded a demon to leave a house where crazy stuff like this was going on, and in the direction he said it, out in the road, there is was a car wreck right as he did it.

A friend of mine lived in his house with his family. They'd see the house from the hill, and the light would be on when they saw it, and be off when they got there, doors locking, etc. Once he was asleep and the wind was blowing the curtains when his mom came in, but the window was closed. He said he saw some kind of spirit, like a dark black silhouette creature by his bed, and he was really scared of it.

At some point when he was a boy, a preacher cast a demon out and he could hear it howl after it came after the person, but apparently others could not. He grew up to a young man in college, a Christian, who shared his faith with a lot of young people on campus who ended up in his church college aged group. There was some kind of Satanic coven and he heard or surmised they wanted to send a spirit to attack him. He said he woke up and saw a dark creature like that by his bed, but he wasn't afraid of it, and he could sense that it was afraid of him.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

This episode deals with air disaster predictions.