Celebrities You Have Met

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Celebrities You Have Met

Post by Voyager1 »

I used to work as an extra in Los Angeles a long time ago. So I've met a few celebrities.

I met Brad Pitt. I don't remember the name of the film but this was right after Thelma & Louise because he was complaining that he was only paid $5k for Thelma & Louise. It was a brief encounter. We talked about lunch and the weather. He said "Sorry I gotta go." He's a nice guy.

I met Mark Wahlberg. This is when he was still Marky Mark. I worked on Renaissance Man. I think it was his first film. People on the set told me he was Marky Mark. When we were wrapped I had to take the bus home. So I went to the bus stop and there Mark Wahlberg was sitting at the bus stop. I guess he took the bus back then. I asked him if he knew what time the bus comes. He laughed and said no. We didn't shoot the shit or anything. That was it. The bus came and he sat at the front. I went toward the back. A feeling came over me that guy is headed for greatness.

I didn't meet Robin Williams but in a scene where he was going through the crowd he put his hand on my back.

I met Robert Schuller at his Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, CA. Shook his hand.

I met Oliver North. Shook his hand.

I was in a Southern California beach town just walking somewhere and Heather Locklear stops in her convertible and asks me if I knew where a particular bar or restaurant was and I said no. I was shy and insecure at that time so we didn't get to have an affair.

I met Andrew Shue (Melrose Place) and was friends with one of his friends.

That's all I can think of right now. Did you meet anyone famous? Share here.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Re: Celebrities You Have Met

Post by Voyager1 »

I should add around 1990 someone told me about a Bible Study being held at a Holiday Inn just off the 405 freeway. I went and the Bible Study commenced. I'd say half way through it a man walks in and sat at the back. I turn around and it's Bruce Jenner.

I noticed he had a big thick Bible and the scriptures were all highlighted in yellow highlighter and underlined. Who'd of thought he'd become a cross-dresser or transvestite.

About Mark Wahlberg. Before he was Marky Mark he was a racist in Boston. He blinded a Vietnamese man calling him "f***ing Vietnamese shit." I think he did some jail time. The vibe I got from him at the bus stop was don't look at him the wrong way. He could be dangerous.

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

All from a different celebrity firmament.

Ted Williams, when he was manager of the Washington Senators. My coach, who was/is also a Hall of Famer, took us into the Senators' locker room to meet him in 1971.

Dick Groat -- National League MVP in 1960, and first great Duke basketball player. Only person in both the college basketball and college baseball Halls of Fame.

Had dinner a couple of times with Pat Buchanan and his wife.

George Gilder. Had long conversations with him on four different occasions. A true genius.

Several characters who were prominent during the Reagan era:

Robert Bork, when he was being vilified on TV by the Washington establishment.

Jack Kemp. Was on the same elevator and chatting with him and T. Boone Pickens.

Phyllis Schlafly

Newt Gingrich

Edwin Meese

Irving Kistol

Was good friends with the writer Joe Sobran, who knew Buchanan and set up the dinner parties. (Look him up, Corny, you'll be impressed.)

Have been good friends for over 40 years with the editor of The American Spectator, who writes under the byline R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr. Goes by "Bob."

Doesn't qualify as a celebrity, but a teammate and fraternity brother was general manager of the Cincinnati Reds for two years.

Jenner went way beyond cross dressing. He's cut off his junk.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Not many:
Ben Stiller-- I asked him a question about his show when he was screening 'Reality Bytes'.
Jimmy Swaggart

I've probably met a few other well-known preachers and singers, but none that are 'celebrities' out of the evangelical cultural bubble in the US, like Carmen and Bill Johnson.

Mia Audina-- Indonesian badminton silver medalist.

I won't mention her name, but I saw one of the prettiest TV actresses of the 90's and early 2000's staring at me at the mall, looking down from a floor below, just looking at me. I never met her. I did meet the man who she left her first husband for later, before all that happened.

I met some celebrity who was apparently an old TV star in Indonesia from back in the day. I was friends with her son-in-law and went to her house. I don't remember her name. I walked down the stairs behind some Indonesian TV star, and my wife said, "That's so and so." I don't remember her name, but she must have been famous.

I met another one of the top male actors in Indonesia, and I can't remember his name. I met an actor they called Jonathan Prissy, but I think it's spelled Frizzy, and worked with him on a project once. I didn't care for his personality at the time. Maybe he grew up a bit since. One of my students was on some TV dramas and a poster board for a soft drink, but he didn't get to be that famous over there after that. I won't mention his name.

I've met some of Obama's relatives. I'm not sure if they count as celebrities, though one of them gets interviewed by Indonesian media if she goes there. I've met a Hawaiian Lt. Governor and the woman who ran for Lt. governor on his ticket.

Living so many years in Indonesia, I just met a few Indonesian celebrities. If you spend time in Washington or LA, you might meet more people who are more well-known. I did see Billy Zane in Jakarta once at a kind of business summit. He looked familiar, and I could not place him at once. I thought about saying hi to figure out where I knew his face from. I didn't talk to him. If I had it would have been because he was a fellow expat rather than because he was a celebrity. I'm sure celebrities get that all the time.

A man I know who lived in California said this black lady used to try to ride up close to him and his friend when they'd go riding in the mountains in a state park that had an entrance near his house. His friend would say, "There is that NB" and they'd speed up so they could cut up and not have to behave around a woman. She'd catch up and ask to ride with them. Then she found out where he lived and would knock on his door on Saturday and ask his wife if he was riding-- asking his wife if he could come out and play, as he put it. She had a fancy saddle with silver studs, that cost some money. She did not want to ride alone for safety.

Years later, he and his friend were watching TV and had it on MTV, and his friend said, "There's that NB.' My friend had heard of Whitney Houston, but he didn't normally watch MTV and did not know what she looked like. He figured maybe Whitney Houston chased after him and his friend who did not want her around but didn't want to say it, partly because they didn't treat her like a celebrity. I've got so few celebrity experiences, I'm telling someone else's story now. Cool story, though.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Not many:
Ben Stiller-- I asked him a question about his show when he was screening 'Reality Bytes'.
Jimmy Swaggart

I've probably met a few other well-known preachers and singers, but none that are 'celebrities' out of the evangelical cultural bubble in the US, like Carmen and Bill Johnson.

Mia Audina-- Indonesian badminton silver medalist.

I won't mention her name, but I saw one of the prettiest TV actresses of the 90's and early 2000's staring at me at the mall, looking down from a floor below, just looking at me. I never met her. I did meet the man who she left her first husband for later, before all that happened.

I met some celebrity who was apparently an old TV star in Indonesia from back in the day. I was friends with her son-in-law and went to her house. I don't remember her name. I walked down the stairs behind some Indonesian TV star, and my wife said, "That's so and so." I don't remember her name, but she must have been famous.

I met another one of the top male actors in Indonesia, and I can't remember his name. I met an actor they called Jonathan Prissy, but I think it's spelled Frizzy, and worked with him on a project once. I didn't care for his personality at the time. Maybe he grew up a bit since. One of my students was on some TV dramas and a poster board for a soft drink, but he didn't get to be that famous over there after that. I won't mention his name.

I've met some of Obama's relatives. I'm not sure if they count as celebrities, though one of them gets interviewed by Indonesian media if she goes there. I've met a Hawaiian Lt. Governor and the woman who ran for Lt. governor on his ticket.

Living so many years in Indonesia, I just met a few Indonesian celebrities. If you spend time in Washington or LA, you might meet more people who are more well-known. I did see Billy Zane in Jakarta once at a kind of business summit. He looked familiar, and I could not place him at once. I thought about saying hi to figure out where I knew his face from. I didn't talk to him. If I had it would have been because he was a fellow expat rather than because he was a celebrity. I'm sure celebrities get that all the time.

A man I know who lived in California said this black lady used to try to ride up close to him and his friend when they'd go riding in the mountains in a state park that had an entrance near his house. His friend would say, "There is that NB" and they'd speed up so they could cut up and not have to behave around a woman. She'd catch up and ask to ride with them. Then she found out where he lived and would knock on his door on Saturday and ask his wife if he was riding-- asking his wife if he could come out and play, as he put it. She had a fancy saddle with silver studs, that cost some money. She did not want to ride alone for safety.

Years later, he and his friend were watching TV and had it on MTV, and his friend said, "There's that NB.' My friend had heard of Whitney Houston, but he didn't normally watch MTV and did not know what she looked like. He figured maybe Whitney Houston chased after him and his friend who did not want her around but didn't want to say it, partly because they didn't treat her like a celebrity. I've got so few celebrity experiences, I'm telling someone else's story now. Cool story, though.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Whoever did the casting for the 1996 film Fear did a perfect job. Mark Wahlberg is not really acting. He's playing himself. That's who he is.

The best actors don't act. They play themselves. For example Jerry Seinfeld never really acted. He just played himself in Seinfeld. Same thing with Jason Alexander who played George. He wasn't really acting. He was playing himself. That's how he is in real life.

By the way. It's a good flick. I recommend it.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I met Walter Payton years ago and got his autograph. I also met Heather Langenkamp and got pictures of the two of us together and got her autograph.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Voyager1 wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 12:44 am
The best actors don't act. They play themselves. For example Jerry Seinfeld never really acted. He just played himself in Seinfeld. Same thing with Jason Alexander who played George. He wasn't really acting. He was playing himself. That's how he is in real life.

By the way. It's a good flick. I recommend it.
Jason Alexander claimed he started out just doing Woody Allen and was surprised when he got hired acting like Woody Allen. The character was neurotic, so it made sense. Then there was a ridiculous scene in the show. He had a conversation with the writer, Larry David, about the situation and said, "No one would react this way in real life." Larry David said that had happened to him and that is how he reacted.

After that, he said he decided that George was Larry David. He was playing Larry David. So for most of the show, Jason Alexander, based on what he said, was acting like Larry David.

Seinfeld was a comedian. Johnny Carson had given him a 'thumbs up' after a set on his show, a big deal apparently in the industry, so NBC had approached Seinfeld about doing a show. He knew that Larry David had been trying to be a writer. Larry David was a comedian, the kind of comedians other comedians wanted to see, one who would make fun of the audience and cross lines other comedians would not. The audiences may not have liked him as much. But he was new to being a writer and stressing out about how to come up with each show. He put a lot of his personal experiences in it. I seem to recall following a heckler to his workplace may have been based on one of his experiences. Later Larry David did 'Curb Your Enthusiasm', which I haven't watched except for a few scenes. From what I have seen of it, the other actors added a lot to Larry David's script and made it come alive better than Larry David's show.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I had dinner with an Indonesian billionaire and stayed up until 2 AM talking and praying with him with my wife and his. There were a few other guests who left earlier. I wouldn't exactly say he is a celebrity. He was on top wealthiest lists at the time.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I worked with a Filipino lady who said when she was young, she worked at her aunt's food stall that fed people that worked in a certain office building. There was this one woman who would always ask her, "Did your boil these spoons?" She didn't like that woman, and vented about it when, as an adult, that woman was elected president of the Philippines. It's a second-hand story, but kind of interesting.

I was in Hawaii and I saw the guy who played Benjamin Linus walk by. He had probably managed to find street parking on his way to the beach.
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

3 grade school teacher of son of my frens uncle meet tai lopez at semnar and shake his hand
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I don't know most of these celebrities. I have to google them to know what they look like. I had to do that to remember Billy Zane's name in one of my own stories.