Gaming: Who does it? How's VR? Any retro-gamers? Any game developers on here?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Gaming: Who does it? How's VR? Any retro-gamers? Any game developers on here?

Post by WilliamSmith »

@Pixel--Dude you made me curious in the shout box saying you might do a gaming thread, also something about gaming and the skinner box (!)? I'll look forward to whatever you have to say, but yeah, like I said in there: I don't play games much lately but was into them, I have a long history of being into this and have even programmed my own games and do pixel art and I can make music too, but my higher priority focusing on women + recent urgency to get away from ZOG/globohomo to a new country has that stuff on the backburner for a long time since leisure's always limited... but yes, please, a thread on gaming, LOL. :mrgreen:

Sounds like @WanderingProtagonist does at least some of it?

I've been thinking about buying an Oculus and getting VR boxing games like Thrill of the Fight as a fun alternative to just shadow boxing, even though that's good too so you can do your own visualizations and everything, but anyway.... Anyone use VR?

Oh, I remember @Lucas88 posting something about Grand Theft Auto too, LOL, but I didn't play it even though my jew bastard best friend was just totally hooked on it for years. I listen to the Tangerine Dream music tracks from that but didn't play it much, it looked potentially interesting but I always had mixed feelings about it because of how it is one of those "sociopathic behavior" simulators, openly glamorizes young people f***ing themselves up getting into criminality, drugs, almost sociopathic selfishness, killing fantasies, and hedonism.... (and yeah yeah, I know some tradpill types think I'm "degenerate" because of being obsessed with women and sex, but I just love women a lot and what can I say, at least I'm not on hard drugs or something). :lol:
The old 80s-90s macho action movies and earlier games weren't like that even if they had violence, so that's why GTA gave me mixed feelings.... The old Robert E Howard Conan stories, a lot of other sword and sorcery stuff inspired by that, and then later the retro action films in the 80s had a core of primal masculinity and macho fantasies but always a core underpinning (in most of them anyway) of a relatively healthy "good guy" morality and ethical code. (War films are an exception where they're glorifying some BS ZOG warmongering thing and claiming it's heroic but is actually not, but for action movies where it's just some fictional script like Commando vs drug cartels who kidnapped his daughter or Double Impact or Kickboxer or Bloodsport or whatever, it was good.) :)

But enough on that:

I was born in early 1980s, got to mess with retro Apple II computers, then my friend has a DOS personal computer and there were awesome RPGs on that, I always wanted to play them more but I didn't have my own.

I had the original NES in the mid 1980s, came with Super Mario Brothers 1 and Duck Hunt.
I first rented one from the VHS rental store, brick-and-mortar businesses that were the norm when there was no internet anywhere, so you'd go there and rent VHS cassette tapes and also you could rent an NES and cartridges if you didn't have your own. :)
My best friends were some girls when I was little (LOL), and we'd play Super Mario Brothers all the time.
Later on we'd go to occasional trips to the city (pre-internet days), and there was a used game store in the Hollywood district of Portland where I'd go, so I had a Gameboy, Sega Genesis, and later a SNES. Then later after I was in a more rebellious phase and I ended up dropping out of high school as a young Travis Bickle, I ended up finally with my 1st PC too. My friends had a PS1 later on too and it rubbed me the wrong way to have women and cute girls in beat-em-up games, so I'd whip their asses using Tekken characters like Nina or Xiao Yu or whatever that little Chinese girl's name was, but I got sick of PS1 era games and wanted to get women, so didn't stay as into it......... I never even played any PS2 or anything except trying some PC games here and there, but nothing caught my interest like in retro eras. :)

But back to the 1980s:
One of the awesomest things was the vintage arcades. Sometimes I'd get to go to one of those places in the city where there was a big dark building with kind of a movie theatre like vibe and vintage 80s carpets (LOL, maybe those were even from the 70s), and it was darkened but they had nice bass woofers on those arcade machines, and the whole place was filled with an invigorating bass heavy vibe of discordant and yet badass 80s arcade music, it was pretty hypnotic. :lol:
They made the best retro arcade games in the 1980s if you like real retro, then some early-mid 90s ones kicked ass too, but back in the 80s even in the small town I lived, they started turning up at places like the local pizzeria where I stood around when I was a little kid and have great memories of watching the "attract mode" on "Bad Dudes" that was released around 1988 if I remember right. I saw it somewhere between then and 1990, LOL. I loved standing around in there and looking at those blonds when they were twice my height and looking at their 80's hair and heart-shaped asses when I was little so I was practically at eye level to their asses :mrgreen: .... Gotta stay focused though, talk about asses in other threads, but games here:
So I'd watch Bad Dudes, and watch mouth-breathers come up to play it even though I was in my pre-pubescent childhood prior to coming into my own with my testo-poisoned alpha male stage later, so even though I wanted to look at women's asses and have romantic fantasies, I confess at the time I was in fact too scared to try playing Bad Dudes all by myself because I feared I'd lose and be embarrassed or somehow feel defeated, LOL. :lol:
But I was bold and adventurous enough to watch the big kids play it even if Bad Dudes was a little too scary at the time to do it all by myself back then, and I remember one guy in a retro leather jacket and Elvis sideburns who was probably only in his teens play it, and then he got to stage 2 on the back of that semi truck but then died and started being a douchebag and got mad because he lost, and kicked the machine a little bit and got squawked at by the proprietress of the pizza place to know it off, so he left. :lol:
OK I need to stop so I go to bed so my muscles don't shrink, but here I found a video of Stage 2 from Bad Dudes Arcade:
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: Gaming: Who does it? How's VR? Any retro-gamers? Any game developers on here?

Post by Pixel--Dude »

WilliamSmith wrote:
July 5th, 2022, 11:22 pm
@Pixel--Dude you made me curious in the shout box saying you might do a gaming thread, also something about gaming and the skinner box (!)? I'll look forward to whatever you have to say, but yeah, like I said in there: I don't play games much lately but was into them, I have a long history of being into this and have even programmed my own games and do pixel art and I can make music too, but my higher priority focusing on women + recent urgency to get away from ZOG/globohomo to a new country has that stuff on the backburner for a long time since leisure's always limited... but yes, please, a thread on gaming, LOL. :mrgreen:

Yeah, of course I will post it soon. Now that I know that a few members like yourself and @WanderingProtagonist like computer games I can make the thread about Gaming and Skinner Box. @Lucas88 might also have some things to add in this thread, I've discussed it with him before. Also he used to be an avid gamer like myself hahaha.

Don't worry about the Jews and their bullshit. More people are waking up to the bullshit of government, banks and the rest of the jew mafia. Even some of the unthinking sheep are sick of them making life difficult for them, funny how they start to give a f**k when it is something which directly affects them and their material comforts.

Video Games, if you think about it, can improve hand eye coordination, which makes us better at shooting real weapons. Some games have a survival element and force you to fight enemies using strategy and such. So games are training us to fight :lol:

f**k the jews.

https://images.app.goo.gl/YsY8c2riWq6XXJu39

In reality I do realise video games are just forms of escapism and people should focus more on their personal development. Either physically or creatively. Things like MMA and practical things like that which improve our chances of survival when everything goes to shit.

I've been thinking about buying an Oculus and getting VR boxing games like Thrill of the Fight as a fun alternative to just shadow boxing, even though that's good too so you can do your own visualizations and everything, but anyway.... Anyone use VR?
My brother has VR for the PlayStation 4. I've had a play on it and I can tell you this about the PS4 VR from my experience of using it. I think at first it is amazing and I was really impressed with it. It really does feel like you're there in some of the games. I would recommend trying it at the very least.

I do have some criticisms though as well, the PS4 VR is a pain in the arse to set up, there are so many wires and sometimes you can catch them when playing with the wireless controllers and it really breaks the immersion. Also the glasses can steam up which is annoying. Since we've now played it so much we kind of feel like the pain in the arse of the set up time outweighs the fun we actually get from playing it.

Perhaps the Oculus is more convenient in the sense that it is completely wireless, or at least I believe it is. The downside to Oculus when compared to the PS VR is that you might be limited to what games are available to buy for Oculus, but if you want to invest more time into other things like banging hot black babes with awesome booties then I suppose it doesn't really matter if there isn't a wider variety of games to choose from. Of course, with a PS VR it would mean you'd also have to buy a PS. Lol. Oculus then!

I played a bar fight simulator on the VR at a friend's house and you hold a wireless controller in each hand and you can see where your hands are in the game and use boxing combos to kick all the drunk proletarian arse pmsl it was hilarious, but the graphics were crap.

Oh, I remember @Lucas88 posting something about Grand Theft Auto too, LOL, but I didn't play it even though my jew bastard best friend was just totally hooked on it for years. I listen to the Tangerine Dream music tracks from that but didn't play it much, it looked potentially interesting but I always had mixed feelings about it because of how it is one of those "sociopathic behavior" simulators, openly glamorizes young people f***ing themselves up getting into criminality, drugs, almost sociopathic selfishness, killing fantasies, and hedonism.... (and yeah yeah, I know some tradpill types think I'm "degenerate" because of being obsessed with women and sex, but I just love women a lot and what can I say, at least I'm not on hard drugs or something). :lol:
The old 80s-90s macho action movies and earlier games weren't like that even if they had violence, so that's why GTA gave me mixed feelings.... The old Robert E Howard Conan stories, a lot of other sword and sorcery stuff inspired by that, and then later the retro action films in the 80s had a core of primal masculinity and macho fantasies but always a core underpinning (in most of them anyway) of a relatively healthy "good guy" morality and ethical code. (War films are an exception where they're glorifying some BS ZOG warmongering thing and claiming it's heroic but is actually not, but for action movies where it's just some fictional script like Commando vs drug cartels who kidnapped his daughter or Double Impact or Kickboxer or Bloodsport or whatever, it was good.) :)
@Lucas88 is like a fanatical priest of GTA Vice City :lol: so am I. We are obsessed with the game and even made up our own missions where you have to drive around with 6 stars and tanks chasing you and kill NPCs at certain locations across the map. We would pretend a random NPC at that location is someone like Bill Gates or some other elite cunt who deserves to die. I even mentioned this to @Tsar a while ago.

I've never agreed with the argument that video games cause violence or other vices such as drug abuse etc. I spoke with Lucas88 about this a short while ago where we discussed those who try and ban violent video games such as GTA Vice City and blame them for mass murders etc. Lucas88 and I agreed that video games probably had the opposite effect on us in reality and actually stopped us from shooting up a school :lol:

Think about it though, just using Vice City as an example, but games like this mean you can experience the thrill of being a rich psychopathic crime lord who drives over hundreds of pedestrians on his way to the shopping mall to buy new threads and nobody has to die in real life :lol:

But enough on that:

I was born in early 1980s, got to mess with retro Apple II computers, then my friend has a DOS personal computer and there were awesome RPGs on that, I always wanted to play them more but I didn't have my own.

I had the original NES in the mid 1980s, came with Super Mario Brothers 1 and Duck Hunt.
I first rented one from the VHS rental store, brick-and-mortar businesses that were the norm when there was no internet anywhere, so you'd go there and rent VHS cassette tapes and also you could rent an NES and cartridges if you didn't have your own. :)
My best friends were some girls when I was little (LOL), and we'd play Super Mario Brothers all the time.
Later on we'd go to occasional trips to the city (pre-internet days), and there was a used game store in the Hollywood district of Portland where I'd go, so I had a Gameboy, Sega Genesis, and later a SNES. Then later after I was in a more rebellious phase and I ended up dropping out of high school as a young Travis Bickle, I ended up finally with my 1st PC too. My friends had a PS1 later on too and it rubbed me the wrong way to have women and cute girls in beat-em-up games, so I'd whip their asses using Tekken characters like Nina or Xiao Yu or whatever that little Chinese girl's name was, but I got sick of PS1 era games and wanted to get women, so didn't stay as into it......... I never even played any PS2 or anything except trying some PC games here and there, but nothing caught my interest like in retro eras. :)
I remember one of my favourite games was always Sonic the Hedgehog. A simple side scroller with basic mechanics and no real story telling. They've made hundreds of these Sonic games now with 3D graphics and complex mechanics and what not, but they never compare to the original classics. I suppose it's kind of like chasing the dragon with my first experience of playing what I thought was such an awesome game. I've even played it with my daughter, although she's a bit young to get the hand eye coordination and make some of those difficult jumps.

I used to play Sonic, along with other Sega classics like Golden Axe and Streets of Rage with Lucas88 through our childhood. We used to enjoy some of the old classics for Sega and I really miss that era of gaming. Like I said, modern games with their superior graphics and stories and advanced mechanics don't make me feel how I felt back in that carefree part of my life. I'm not sure whether this is strictly just nostalgia though, or whether it's due to me being a lot older now.

But back to the 1980s:
One of the awesomest things was the vintage arcades. Sometimes I'd get to go to one of those places in the city where there was a big dark building with kind of a movie theatre like vibe and vintage 80s carpets (LOL, maybe those were even from the 70s), and it was darkened but they had nice bass woofers on those arcade machines, and the whole place was filled with an invigorating bass heavy vibe of discordant and yet badass 80s arcade music, it was pretty hypnotic. :lol:
They made the best retro arcade games in the 1980s if you like real retro, then some early-mid 90s ones kicked ass too, but back in the 80s even in the small town I lived, they started turning up at places like the local pizzeria where I stood around when I was a little kid and have great memories of watching the "attract mode" on "Bad Dudes" that was released around 1988 if I remember right. I saw it somewhere between then and 1990, LOL. I loved standing around in there and looking at those blonds when they were twice my height and looking at their 80's hair and heart-shaped asses when I was little so I was practically at eye level to their asses :mrgreen: .... Gotta stay focused though, talk about asses in other threads, but games here:
So I'd watch Bad Dudes, and watch mouth-breathers come up to play it even though I was in my pre-pubescent childhood prior to coming into my own with my testo-poisoned alpha male stage later, so even though I wanted to look at women's asses and have romantic fantasies, I confess at the time I was in fact too scared to try playing Bad Dudes all by myself because I feared I'd lose and be embarrassed or somehow feel defeated, LOL. :lol:
But I was bold and adventurous enough to watch the big kids play it even if Bad Dudes was a little too scary at the time to do it all by myself back then, and I remember one guy in a retro leather jacket and Elvis sideburns who was probably only in his teens play it, and then he got to stage 2 on the back of that semi truck but then died and started being a douchebag and got mad because he lost, and kicked the machine a little bit and got squawked at by the proprietress of the pizza place to know it off, so he left. :lol:
OK I need to stop so I go to bed so my muscles don't shrink, but here I found a video of Stage 2 from Bad Dudes Arcade:
I met up with the girl I mentioned in the Non Threatening Dating Strategy thread. She took me to a vintage arcade with all the old games and she absolutely showed me up on the fighting games like Street Fighter and a few others. We inevitably played House of the Dead and some other shootemups. It was really fun. But yeah, the arcade had a real 80s vibe and it was pretty cool.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: Gaming: Who does it? How's VR? Any retro-gamers? Any game developers on here?

Post by Pixel--Dude »

WilliamSmith wrote:
I have a long history of being into this and have even programmed my own games and do pixel art and I can make music too
Would you be willing to share any of your pixel art or music with us? Did you ever publish any games you programmed?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
July 6th, 2022, 12:53 pm
WilliamSmith wrote:

Yeah, of course I will post it soon. Now that I know that a few members like yourself and @WanderingProtagonist like computer games I can make the thread about Gaming and Skinner Box. @Lucas88 might also have some things to add in this thread, I've discussed it with him before. Also he used to be an avid gamer like myself hahaha.

Don't worry about the Jews and their bullshit. More people are waking up to the bullshit of government, banks and the rest of the jew mafia. Even some of the unthinking sheep are sick of them making life difficult for them, funny how they start to give a f**k when it is something which directly affects them and their material comforts.

Video Games, if you think about it, can improve hand eye coordination, which makes us better at shooting real weapons. Some games have a survival element and force you to fight enemies using strategy and such. So games are training us to fight :lol:

f**k the jews.

https://images.app.goo.gl/YsY8c2riWq6XXJu39

In reality I do realise video games are just forms of escapism and people should focus more on their personal development. Either physically or creatively. Things like MMA and practical things like that which improve our chances of survival when everything goes to shit.

My brother has VR for the PlayStation 4. I've had a play on it and I can tell you this about the PS4 VR from my experience of using it. I think at first it is amazing and I was really impressed with it. It really does feel like you're there in some of the games. I would recommend trying it at the very least.

I do have some criticisms though as well, the PS4 VR is a pain in the arse to set up, there are so many wires and sometimes you can catch them when playing with the wireless controllers and it really breaks the immersion. Also the glasses can steam up which is annoying. Since we've now played it so much we kind of feel like the pain in the arse of the set up time outweighs the fun we actually get from playing it.

Perhaps the Oculus is more convenient in the sense that it is completely wireless, or at least I believe it is. The downside to Oculus when compared to the PS VR is that you might be limited to what games are available to buy for Oculus, but if you want to invest more time into other things like banging hot black babes with awesome booties then I suppose it doesn't really matter if there isn't a wider variety of games to choose from. Of course, with a PS VR it would mean you'd also have to buy a PS. Lol. Oculus then!

I played a bar fight simulator on the VR at a friend's house and you hold a wireless controller in each hand and you can see where your hands are in the game and use boxing combos to kick all the drunk proletarian arse pmsl it was hilarious, but the graphics were crap.

@Lucas88 is like a fanatical priest of GTA Vice City :lol: so am I. We are obsessed with the game and even made up our own missions where you have to drive around with 6 stars and tanks chasing you and kill NPCs at certain locations across the map. We would pretend a random NPC at that location is someone like Bill Gates or some other elite cunt who deserves to die. I even mentioned this to @Tsar a while ago.

I've never agreed with the argument that video games cause violence or other vices such as drug abuse etc. I spoke with Lucas88 about this a short while ago where we discussed those who try and ban violent video games such as GTA Vice City and blame them for mass murders etc. Lucas88 and I agreed that video games probably had the opposite effect on us in reality and actually stopped us from shooting up a school :lol:

Think about it though, just using Vice City as an example, but games like this mean you can experience the thrill of being a rich psychopathic crime lord who drives over hundreds of pedestrians on his way to the shopping mall to buy new threads and nobody has to die in real life :lol:

But enough on that:

I remember one of my favourite games was always Sonic the Hedgehog. A simple side scroller with basic mechanics and no real story telling. They've made hundreds of these Sonic games now with 3D graphics and complex mechanics and what not, but they never compare to the original classics. I suppose it's kind of like chasing the dragon with my first experience of playing what I thought was such an awesome game. I've even played it with my daughter, although she's a bit young to get the hand eye coordination and make some of those difficult jumps.

I used to play Sonic, along with other Sega classics like Golden Axe and Streets of Rage with Lucas88 through our childhood. We used to enjoy some of the old classics for Sega and I really miss that era of gaming. Like I said, modern games with their superior graphics and stories and advanced mechanics don't make me feel how I felt back in that carefree part of my life. I'm not sure whether this is strictly just nostalgia though, or whether it's due to me being a lot older now.

But back to the 1980s:
I met up with the girl I mentioned in the Non Threatening Dating Strategy thread. She took me to a vintage arcade with all the old games and she absolutely showed me up on the fighting games like Street Fighter and a few others. We inevitably played House of the Dead and some other shootemups. It was really fun. But yeah, the arcade had a real 80s vibe and it was pretty cool.
In American society or any society today, MMA is worthless. Nobody fights with their fist anymore. Chances are if you use any type of MMA training on someone in a real fight, you'll be using it on a guy that can't fight in the first place and therefore it wouldn't be necessary. But these days everyone is using firearms so if a guy gets up in your face, he'll probably be carrying and most likely won't be by himself either. I had some encounters like this before on public transportation. I'll see about four or five black teenagers looking shady get on and rather than waiting around for them to try to do some typical nigga moment nonsense. I get off and walk the rest of the way, people have every right to be suspicious of large groups of black males both young and old.
Those are the ones more likely to try to prove a point that they can intimidate you. They make it so obvious too especially since self hating whites are always kissing ass and excusing everything they do. I try to avoid conflict as much as possible. I use to fist fight a lot in my teens. Nowdays it's unwise to engage people in conflict on the street, they'll just pull out a gun to make it easier for themselves even if they can actually defeat you without it.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

I'm not really much of a gamer. I used to play on various consoles just like any other kid of my generation when I was growing up in the late 90s and early 2000s but then, around 2004, I mostly gave up videogames in order to focus completely on my Jiujitsu training and the gym and then on other more productive things too such as college and language studies. In the late 2000s and throughout most of the 2010s I didn't play videogames at all.

In the late 90s I had a Sega Master System, Megadrive (Genesis) and PS1. My most memorable Sega games were Streets of Rage and Revenge of Shinobi and some of the PS1 games that I played were Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid, Command & Conquer, and Syphon Filter.

Incidentally I was playing on Syphon Filter with my brother on PS Plus just before I logged in. It's one of the retro games which were made available to play last month on PS4/PS5. Syphon Filter was one of the first pioneers in the superspy genre. You play as a special agent who must thwart the evil plans of Pharcom and some terrorist organization to unleash the deadly Syphon Filter virus upon the world. Syphon Filter is an amazing game from the PS1 era and is still fun to play today despite its graphical limitations. Curiously most people who I know have never heard of it.

When my brother and I got a PS2 in the early 2000s I discovered GTA 3 -- the first installment of the GTA 3D Universe -- and immediately became hooked. At the time I was already into movies about organized crime and the Italian mafia in particular and so the game was right down my alley. Then, in October of 2002, GTA Vice City was released and with that masterpiece of a game my love for the series would continue to skyrocket. I have very fond memories of playing those two games throughout 2002 and 2003.

I gave up videogames in 2004 but a decade later towards the end of 2014 I found my old PS2 and purchased GTA Liberty City Stories (GTA 3's prequel). I got back into gaming for about a few months only to give it up again to focus on more important things. At that point videogames just seemed to me like a waste of time.

Fastforward to the scamdemic of 2020 and in full lockdown I took up gaming once again. I was unable to attend my regular martial arts classes and so I used videogames as my release. I got back into some retro games from the Sega era such as Streets of Rage. However, it was the release of the Definitive Edition of GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas on PS4/PS5 at the end of last year that really got me back into gaming. Playing through those remastered classics together with Pixel--Dude and my brother I totally fell in love with the GTA series all over again. Not only did I replay GTA 3 and Vice City but also played San Andreas for the first time and came to appreciate that game too. To this day the GTA 3D Universe is by far my favorite videogame series.

Since the beginning of the scamdemic I've been playing videogames in moderation. I think that gaming is okay if use limit it to short episodes of escapism every now and then as a break from more productive pursuits. In my view it's only a problem when it becomes an obsession.
WilliamSmith wrote:
GTA is not supposed to be a serious game. Its world is full of all kinds of whackiness and over-the-top humor and should be taken merely as a parody of America. I think that's how Rockstar was able to get away with publishing a game with so much violence and criminality.

Moreover, even in the criminal underworld of the GTA Universe the protagonists of the various installments such as Tommy Vercetti in Vice City, Carl Johnson in San Andreas, and Victor Vance in Vice City Stories each have their own virtues and sense of honor and in most cases only kill scumbags who had it coming (at least in the canonical storyline). The mafia bosses who you are ordered to assassinate at some point in the game are either treacherous vipers themselves or unscrupulous criminals who have caused a lot of suffering to others through their illegal activities. Because of this even a moral person should be able to play the games without any feelings of guilt.

The GTA series is also very satirical. The games are full of cultural references from the decades in which they are set and make fun of real-life cultural developments.

I played the GTA games a lot when I was a kid but I've never shot up a school or done drugs and only hire escorts in moderation. :lol:
WilliamSmith wrote:
I don't play games much lately but was into them, I have a long history of being into this and have even programmed my own games and do pixel art and I can make music too
What programs do you use to make music? I've wanted to get into that kind of stuff too but I've always either been busy with other pursuits or haven't know where to start.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Too scared to play Bad Dudes? When somebody tells you (as somebody did) "The President has been captured by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the President?" the correct response is Yes!
NPCslammer
Junior Poster

Post by NPCslammer »

Been playing the heck out of Monster Hunter Rise/Sunbreak on the Switch. Pretty much addicted to it.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

I'm not a developer, but definitely a Quake III Arena/Quake Live gamer for life!!!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

OKay Okay so since @WanderingProtagonist wants to bring up DataEast's Bad Dudes Vs. Ninja game,

Remember ISPEC (pronounced Ice Pick) games "Green Beret" (bootleg version of Rush N' Attack - made like an anagram of Russian Attack)
C64 Omega Race, Jupter Lander was my first video game I have ever bought, Radar Rat Race, Transformers IcePick version, Rambo IcePick illegal version....Golden Axe I & 2 by SEGA...Sonic of course. OMFG....
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Lode Runner by Broderbrund

Centipede on Coleco and Atari 2600
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

I had the VIC20 cassette player that would take ONE HOUR of tape playback of Bruce Lee to load! Now emulators can load that in 1.5 seconds if you wanna!!!!
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
Thanks @Pixel--Dude :)
What was the name of the bar fight sim? :o

I just bought an Oculus Meta Quest 2 so I can try Thrill of the Fight. On nights where there's no women at my place, I'm hoping this will be a good substitute for the temptation to tie one on that has been getting to me lately. I actually heard it's better than nothing for learning some real skills, so it'll be interesting to compare it with my limited MMA/boxing experience. I want to train with real partners, but my friends are being homos and wont' do it right now (LOL), but I'm getting back in touch with my old friend who has some MMA experience and even trained with some well-known names. (We had a falling out 10+ years ago after consuming firewater and getting in a fight, but think we'd better patch things up. He might make a good ally for being a sailing partner too now I'm getting into boats, but that's another story.) :lol:

If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
Sonic the Hedgehog was my 1st big enthusiasm when I was a boy, after my NES era: I first saw it in a video rental store shortly after it came out (I guess very early 90s) and it's bringing back all kinds of retro memories with the carpets they had in there and they'd sell popcorn in there too even though it wasn't a theatre. I was really blown away by the colors after always feeling the NES was a little bit dystopian in its color schemes, even if I loved titles like Mario 1-3.

I also got Golden Axe and Streets of Rage, all up at this used video game store in the Hollywood District of Portland, Oregon. There was a cool arcade place up there too where you'd pay a cover fee and then go into a big old building loaded with old arcade machines. Must have been early 90's...

Golden Axe is badass, I love macho barbarian muscleman sword and sorcery stuff, the FM YM2612 music was awesome, and also love the retro bikini on Tyris Flare. A pretty nice big ass by pixel art standards, since the women were usually made to be too skinny in those days, but that was still a nice ass....

Yeah, last but not least, Streets of Rage:
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
July 12th, 2022, 5:34 pm
OKay Okay so since @WanderingProtagonist wants to bring up DataEast's Bad Dudes Vs. Ninja game,

Remember ISPEC (pronounced Ice Pick) games "Green Beret" (bootleg version of Rush N' Attack - made like an anagram of Russian Attack)
C64 Omega Race, Jupter Lander was my first video game I have ever bought, Radar Rat Race, Transformers IcePick version, Rambo IcePick illegal version....Golden Axe I & 2 by SEGA...Sonic of course. OMFG....
Nice, that's some true retro stuff there! :lol:
I never saw a C64 in my day, it was just my friends with their DOS PCs and some Apple II's at the school that I'd mess around with a bit. Oh, and the old black and white Apple Macintosh computers, played the original black and white Sim City and was very into building maps when I was a very small lad....
Anything called "Radar Rat Race" was worth a lookup, here's what I found:
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

WilliamSmith wrote:
July 13th, 2022, 2:29 am
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
July 12th, 2022, 5:34 pm

Nice, that's some true retro stuff there! :lol:
I never saw a C64 in my day, it was just my friends with their DOS PCs and some Apple II's at the school that I'd mess around with a bit. Oh, and the old black and white Apple Macintosh computers, played the original black and white Sim City and was very into building maps when I was a very small lad....
Anything called "Radar Rat Race" was worth a lookup, here's what I found:
Thanks for the RRR lookup; Radar Rat Race was epic because you as the mouse have the rabid mice (hence the red colour) chase after you. You can literally shit on them in order to dissuade/impede them from killing you by touch while you try to get all the cheese in the maze on order to segue onto the next one!