How have your musical preferences evolved over time?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

How have your musical preferences evolved over time?

Post by Lucas88 »

Most people's musical preferences change dramatically over time. The genres and artists that we listen to today are rarely ever the same as those that we listened to when we were 15 and just beginning to discover our own identity. An evolution of musical preferences can occur for various reasons. Some people might discover new genres and artists as they get older and experience more of the world. Others might leave one subculture for another and thereby adopt a different musical culture. Some people simply outgrow the musical trends of their youth which they enjoyed when they were young and stupid and knew no better only to realize how much those same musical trends lacked quality in comparison to other forms of music. There are even people who realize that certain genres of music are not good for them psychologically or emotionally and then make a conscious effort to abandon those genres and seek something more wholesome.

On the other hand, there are people whose musical preferences barely change in decades. Those people were often part of a subculture in their youth and for whatever reason just can't let go. They continue to listen to the same music and refuse to try anything outside of their preferred genre and time period. Some people prefer familiarity and are not very adventurous. They are not open to experiences and their musical preferences never grow as a result. I know a guy who still listens to the same electronic club music from the 90s and early 2000s and won't listen to anything else.

My own musical tastes have evolved considerably over time. What I listen to today bears almost no similarity to what I used to listen to when I was a teenager.

Early Teenage Years

During my time at secondary school, I primarily listened to Nu Metal. It was the early 2000s and groups like Limp Bizkit, Korn, Slipknot and P.O.D. were all the rage. I got into Nu Metal because my small circle of friends were into that kind of music and often shared their favorite albums with me and also because the genre's aggressive and psychotic sound quality resonated with my tough guy persona of that time :lol: . It was also the genre of music most frequently used for theme songs at WWF/WWE pay per view events and so as an avid wrestling fan I discovered a lot of Nu Metal artists that way. Back then I listened to some absolute shit. I owned albums by Drowning Pool, Linkin Park and even Papa Roach and genuinely thought that they were awesome. Lol! I was confused as to why so many older metal fans were saying that Nu Metal was fake metal and terrible. Of course, the genre would fizzle out around the mid 2000s and is remembered by many as a joke.

At the same time I was also secretly a fan of late 90s and early 2000s R&B with sexy light-skinned Black female artists like Aaliyah, Ashanti, Kelly Rowland, etc. I found this style of music smoother and more pleasant than the aggressive, head-thrashing Nu Metal that my friends and I listened to and it had a certain cool factor and I would often jack off to the sexy female artists when nobody else was at home. Of course, at the time I hid my interest in R&B music from my Nu Metal-obsessed friends at school. Many of them had the attitude that anything other than Nu Metal was "gay" and effeminate - even though Nu Metal itself was never taken seriously by other metal fans - and so I only listened to it in private. I suspect that R&B music videos might have contributed to my love for Brown/light-skinned Black women to some degree.

Late Teenage Years

In sixthform college, I somewhat distanced myself from Nu Metal and began to listen to some more obscure and niche subgenres of metal instead. One of these was a subgenre known as "Power Metal" which combines elements of traditional heavy metal with harmonious symphonies and often with fantasy and mythological themes. As a result of this the subgenre is generally more uplifting and less dissonant than other types of metal. There are two distinct styles of Power Metal: US Power Metal, which is harsher and more thrashy and influenced by speed metal; and European Power Metal, which has more synth and is more melodious. I'm talking about the latter. When I started listening to Power Metal I was already obsessively learning Spanish. As such I quickly got into some Spanish Power Metal groups such as Tierra Santa and Avalanch/WarCry. For some reason Spanish-language Power Metal is really good.

I also went through a phase of listening to old-school Reggae music while I was in sixthform. I hung around with two acquaintances who were major stoners and into the whole Rastafarian Reggae thing and the music sounded quite exotic and pleasant to me. I listened to Bob Marley and Peter Tosh and some lesser-known Reggae artists. But it was just a short-lived fad. Today I can't stand Reggae music with its glorification of pot culture as well as all of its Jewdeo claptrap and references to Zion. Blacks are not children of Zion, notwithstanding the outlandish doctrines of certain cults like Rastafarians and the Black Hebrew Israelite movement. They're another race exploited and subverted by the Jews just like everyone else. Now I refuse to listen to Reggae music.

As I advanced with my Spanish learning, I also started listening to Latin styles such as Salsa, Bachata and Merengue. I loved the joyous feeling that they produced and would often listen to them on my I-pod at work to counteract the boredom and misery. I loved listening to Willie Colón, Héctor Lavoe, Gran Combo de Puerto Rico, Tito Puente, and many others. I still listen to Latin music to this day but sometimes I find it too enrapturing and mania-inducing and it also overstimulates my base sexual desires and exacerbates my sex addiction. So I have to listen to it in moderation.

Adulthood: My 20s

During my 20s I just went full retro. I realized that most of the new music that was being released was absolutely shit and of considerably lower quality than anything that preceded it and so I just started listening to older music especially from the 80s. To this day I'm a total 80s mark!

I love all kinds of 80s music from the totally mainstream pop and post-disco music to more obscure genres. Michael Jackson and Prince were both great. Even Madonna made good pop music in the 80s. Even the most mainstream pop music and all of the one-hit wonders were still mostly good in the 80s and I like most of what I hear from that period. I don't even care that it was flamboyantly gay!

In my 20s I became heavily into 80s Funk and Soul music. I have extensive playlists with all kinds of rare grooves. This is the kind of music I listen to when I just want to relax.

I also became a big fan of a European genre of disco music known as Italo Disco and known for its electronic sounds and oftentimes silly and over-the-top lyrics. The style was never popular in the Anglosphere and was regarded as a cheesy fad. But I always found the sound happy and joyous and would listen to it when I was depressed.

I got into some types of 80s metal too (even Glam Metal) and really prefer their melodious sounds to the harsh and abrasive sounds of the Nu Metal of my teenage years. I'm particularly a fan of Dokken. I'm on the side of Glam Metal in the rivalry vs. the Grunge music that would follow. I hate that depressing Seattle Sound shit. I wanna make myself happy through music, not depressed!

I also like Latin Freestyle music, a form of electronic dance music which emerged in New York City and Philadelphia in the 80s, particularly among Hispanic and Italian Americans. Groups/artists such as C-Bank, Sa-Fire, Lisa Lisa, and Company B come to mind. Oh, and Amoretto's "Clave Rocks".

Conclusion

My musical preferences have become considerably diverse in my 20s and early 30s. They barely resemble those of my teenage years. Even my taste in Nu Metal gave way to more harmonious forms of metal from the 80s, my interest in contemporary (early 2000s) R&B music evolved into a love for more old-school R&B, and I ultimately went full retro, largely embracing diverse genres of music from a bygone era which I never got to experience in the flesh. I also notice a progression from more dissonant and psychotic genres of music towards those characterized by greater harmony and euphony. I think that this reflects a marked evolution of my soul and quality of consciousness as I become more attracted to that which is high-vibrational, joyous and uplifting.

What genres of music do you guys like and how have they evolved over the years?

@Pixel--Dude, @Tsar, @Winston, @WilliamSmith, @gsjackson, et alia
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How have your musical preferences evolved over time?

Post by Tsar »

My musical preferences haven't changed, they've expanded somewhat, but they didn't change. I like the same music as always and anything that I find appealing. I'm a person that doesn't change much at all. I'm one of the most consistent people in life. I never change, only expand, grow, or evolve, but I never change who I am or what I like. I still listen to songs I liked as a teenager because they weren't the mainstream music of the time, but I listen to much more music now and it's often newer music.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Lucas88 wrote:
January 11th, 2023, 2:51 pm
Most people's musical preferences change dramatically over time. The genres and artists that we listen to today are rarely ever the same as those that we listened to when we were 15 and just beginning to discover our own identity. An evolution of musical preferences can occur for various reasons. Some people might discover new genres and artists as they get older and experience more of the world. Others might leave one subculture for another and thereby adopt a different musical culture. Some people simply outgrow the musical trends of their youth which they enjoyed when they were young and stupid and knew no better only to realize how much those same musical trends lacked quality in comparison to other forms of music. There are even people who realize that certain genres of music are not good for them psychologically or emotionally and then make a conscious effort to abandon those genres and seek something more wholesome.

On the other hand, there are people whose musical preferences barely change in decades. Those people were often part of a subculture in their youth and for whatever reason just can't let go. They continue to listen to the same music and refuse to try anything outside of their preferred genre and time period. Some people prefer familiarity and are not very adventurous. They are not open to experiences and their musical preferences never grow as a result. I know a guy who still listens to the same electronic club music from the 90s and early 2000s and won't listen to anything else.

My own musical tastes have evolved considerably over time. What I listen to today bears almost no similarity to what I used to listen to when I was a teenager.

Early Teenage Years

During my time at secondary school, I primarily listened to Nu Metal. It was the early 2000s and groups like Limp Bizkit, Korn, Slipknot and P.O.D. were all the rage. I got into Nu Metal because my small circle of friends were into that kind of music and often shared their favorite albums with me and also because the genre's aggressive and psychotic sound quality resonated with my tough guy persona of that time :lol: . It was also the genre of music most frequently used for theme songs at WWF/WWE pay per view events and so as an avid wrestling fan I discovered a lot of Nu Metal artists that way. Back then I listened to some absolute shit. I owned albums by Drowning Pool, Linkin Park and even Papa Roach and genuinely thought that they were awesome. Lol! I was confused as to why so many older metal fans were saying that Nu Metal was fake metal and terrible. Of course, the genre would fizzle out around the mid 2000s and is remembered by many as a joke.

At the same time I was also secretly a fan of late 90s and early 2000s R&B with sexy light-skinned Black female artists like Aaliyah, Ashanti, Kelly Rowland, etc. I found this style of music smoother and more pleasant than the aggressive, head-thrashing Nu Metal that my friends and I listened to and it had a certain cool factor and I would often jack off to the sexy female artists when nobody else was at home. Of course, at the time I hid my interest in R&B music from my Nu Metal-obsessed friends at school. Many of them had the attitude that anything other than Nu Metal was "gay" and effeminate - even though Nu Metal itself was never taken seriously by other metal fans - and so I only listened to it in private. I suspect that R&B music videos might have contributed to my love for Brown/light-skinned Black women to some degree.

Late Teenage Years

In sixthform college, I somewhat distanced myself from Nu Metal and began to listen to some more obscure and niche subgenres of metal instead. One of these was a subgenre known as "Power Metal" which combines elements of traditional heavy metal with harmonious symphonies and often with fantasy and mythological themes. As a result of this the subgenre is generally more uplifting and less dissonant than other types of metal. There are two distinct styles of Power Metal: US Power Metal, which is harsher and more thrashy and influenced by speed metal; and European Power Metal, which has more synth and is more melodious. I'm talking about the latter. When I started listening to Power Metal I was already obsessively learning Spanish. As such I quickly got into some Spanish Power Metal groups such as Tierra Santa and Avalanch/WarCry. For some reason Spanish-language Power Metal is really good.

I also went through a phase of listening to old-school Reggae music while I was in sixthform. I hung around with two acquaintances who were major stoners and into the whole Rastafarian Reggae thing and the music sounded quite exotic and pleasant to me. I listened to Bob Marley and Peter Tosh and some lesser-known Reggae artists. But it was just a short-lived fad. Today I can't stand Reggae music with its glorification of pot culture as well as all of its Jewdeo claptrap and references to Zion. Blacks are not children of Zion, notwithstanding the outlandish doctrines of certain cults like Rastafarians and the Black Hebrew Israelite movement. They're another race exploited and subverted by the Jews just like everyone else. Now I refuse to listen to Reggae music.

As I advanced with my Spanish learning, I also started listening to Latin styles such as Salsa, Bachata and Merengue. I loved the joyous feeling that they produced and would often listen to them on my I-pod at work to counteract the boredom and misery. I loved listening to Willie Colón, Héctor Lavoe, Gran Combo de Puerto Rico, Tito Puente, and many others. I still listen to Latin music to this day but sometimes I find it too enrapturing and mania-inducing and it also overstimulates my base sexual desires and exacerbates my sex addiction. So I have to listen to it in moderation.

Adulthood: My 20s

During my 20s I just went full retro. I realized that most of the new music that was being released was absolutely shit and of considerably lower quality than anything that preceded it and so I just started listening to older music especially from the 80s. To this day I'm a total 80s mark!

I love all kinds of 80s music from the totally mainstream pop and post-disco music to more obscure genres. Michael Jackson and Prince were both great. Even Madonna made good pop music in the 80s. Even the most mainstream pop music and all of the one-hit wonders were still mostly good in the 80s and I like most of what I hear from that period. I don't even care that it was flamboyantly gay!

In my 20s I became heavily into 80s Funk and Soul music. I have extensive playlists with all kinds of rare grooves. This is the kind of music I listen to when I just want to relax.

I also became a big fan of a European genre of disco music known as Italo Disco and known for its electronic sounds and oftentimes silly and over-the-top lyrics. The style was never popular in the Anglosphere and was regarded as a cheesy fad. But I always found the sound happy and joyous and would listen to it when I was depressed.

I got into some types of 80s metal too (even Glam Metal) and really prefer their melodious sounds to the harsh and abrasive sounds of the Nu Metal of my teenage years. I'm particularly a fan of Dokken. I'm on the side of Glam Metal in the rivalry vs. the Grunge music that would follow. I hate that depressing Seattle Sound shit. I wanna make myself happy through music, not depressed!

I also like Latin Freestyle music, a form of electronic dance music which emerged in New York City and Philadelphia in the 80s, particularly among Hispanic and Italian Americans. Groups/artists such as C-Bank, Sa-Fire, Lisa Lisa, and Company B come to mind. Oh, and Amoretto's "Clave Rocks".

Conclusion

My musical preferences have become considerably diverse in my 20s and early 30s. They barely resemble those of my teenage years. Even my taste in Nu Metal gave way to more harmonious forms of metal from the 80s, my interest in contemporary (early 2000s) R&B music evolved into a love for more old-school R&B, and I ultimately went full retro, largely embracing diverse genres of music from a bygone era which I never got to experience in the flesh. I also notice a progression from more dissonant and psychotic genres of music towards those characterized by greater harmony and euphony. I think that this reflects a marked evolution of my soul and quality of consciousness as I become more attracted to that which is high-vibrational, joyous and uplifting.

What genres of music do you guys like and how have they evolved over the years?

@Pixel--Dude, @Tsar, @Winston, @WilliamSmith, @gsjackson, et alia
I moved in the same circles as yourself as we grew up (before we became undercover mossad agents for the Jewish ZOG :lol: ) and I too was into those negative sounding bands like KoRn and Slipknot and other such groups which seem to have a really negative vibration. But back then I think I was considerably more angry with my life than I am today.

I think that's why I gravitated towards that kind of music. Music about murder and abuse and things like that. That's what a lot of these Nu Metal bands sing about right? I was also big on the Grunge scene back then. I really liked Nirvana and idolised Kurt Cobain. But of course, that kind of music is also full of negativity which must influence the soul. We can already see through the study of cymatics how different vibrations can affect matter, and therefore we reach the inevitable conclusion that negative music makes negative people.

Meeting our mutual acquaintances also introduced me to the world of Reggae. I've always had a problem with addiction to pot and so Reggae music was something I really liked. I was into Bob Marley and Peter Tosh as well. I used to find the relaxing vibes of Reggae something which resonated well with my almost constantly stoned state of mind back then. I think Reggae and pot did help me relax somewhat compared to my violent and temperamental nature as a teen. But ultimately this lead to a dependency which I've only just recently started to relinquish myself of.

I think as I entered adulthood my taste in music blossomed and evolved into a plethora of various groups and genres. Now I like a lot of stuff from the 60s, 70s and 80s. Led Zeppelin are a band I really like. I wanted to ask your opinion on backmasking and whether you think songs with backmasking really give subliminal messages.

I also like classical now, there are a few songs like Clair De Lune by Claude Debussy that always makes me think of getting my daughter to sleep as a baby. There's another one as well which has melancholy vibes and always reminds me of my daughter. These songs evoke such strong emotional responses from me that listening to them usually reduces me to tears.

@gsjackson, did you say you were around in the 50s in another thread? Is that what period you grew up in? Forgive me if I'm mistaken. I would be interested to hear how you perceive music to have changed over time. Do you think it has progressed or regressed in terms of quality?

I like bands that have their own unique sound. Something that makes them stand out. I can't stand most modern music as it all sounds the same. Isn't most of it just done on a computer now as well?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 3:03 pm
We can already see through the study of cymatics how different vibrations can affect matter, and therefore we reach the inevitable conclusion that negative music makes negative people.
Yes, the study of cymatics. I remember watching some videos with you about that field. Those experiments demonstrated how different sound frequencies and genres of music created different patterns in the sand through their particular vibrations. I've always been fascinated by the question of how each genre of music affects consciousness. Like how a tritone for example will universally produce a feeling of dread in listeners. Or how some chords produce feelings of happiness while others mimic anger or sorrow. I myself believe in a philosophy of musical realism, namely that the universe itself has intrinsic musical properties, just like how it has intrinsic mathematical properties. Humans didn't invent music; we simply discovered it through experimentation with the instruments which our ancestors fabricated. All musical formulas already exist independent of us in the mind of the Universal Consciousness which we call Brahman.
Pixel--Dude wrote:
I think as I entered adulthood my taste in music blossomed and evolved into a plethora of various groups and genres. Now I like a lot of stuff from the 60s, 70s and 80s. Led Zeppelin are a band I really like.
I've mentioned before that I just can't get into any music from before the 80s with the exception of some late 70s disco. As we both know, you've sent me various tracks from the 70s and I've always told you that the qualities of the music from that decade and earlier simply feel to alien to my soul and I can never get into them. It's as though I can only connect with the sounds and vibes of the 80s which for me represent the height of musical evolution ever since popular music became a thing and possess a kind of power and perfected harmonious frequency like no other. I can literally listen to 80s music for hours and feel completely uplifted and not get bored but I usually have to make a great effort to listen to music from most other decades and it just feels like a chore. I like some music from the 90s and early 2000s too but I rarely find the same quality that I find in 80s music.

Why do you think that I cannot ever get into music from before the 80s? Am I simply more accustomed to 80s music with it being an acquired taste or is there something about the vibrations of the music of that decade that resonates with my soul and individual nature much more on an objective level?
Pixel--Dude wrote:
I wanted to ask your opinion on backmasking and whether you think songs with backmasking really give subliminal messages.
They do. Some songs contain subliminal messages which have been put there intentionally. You once told me the "my sweet Satan" message which was put in a Led Zeppelin album.

Curiously, the Shakira song "Suerte" - the Spanish version of "Whenever, Wherever" - possibly has a backmasked message in it which seems to say:

"Y mis ojos ensucian la presencia roquera" --- "And my eyes dirty the rocker presence".

Some have theorized that that alleged message was inserted by a rock fan working for the recording studio and tired of all the unoriginal mass-produced pop music which dominates the charts. I would rather it have been a subliminal message about Shakira's breasts being "small and humble".

I used to like Shakira but even in her early Spanish-language content there is a lot of Illuminati symbolism. In the music video of "Ojos Así" there is a pyramid and the all-seeing eye in the background. At this point I believe that Shakira was groomed from very early in her musical career to be an Illuminati pop princess. I can't even bare to listen to her recent stuff.

The same Shakira song is also alleged to contain mackmasked messages about Satan and man being banished from the Eden, but to be honest I couldn't hear them. The only message that was convincing to me was the one about Shakira's eyes dirtying the rocker presence! :lol:
Pixel--Dude wrote:
I also like classical now, there are a few songs like Clair De Lune by Claude Debussy that always makes me think of getting my daughter to sleep as a baby. There's another one as well which has melancholy vibes and always reminds me of my daughter. These songs evoke such strong emotional responses from me that listening to them usually reduces me to tears.
I also love some Baroque music like Vivaldi. But I can only listen to it once in a while and on special occasions. Unlike modern popular genres which affect the physical body and are designed to get the listener into a groove, Baroque music and earlier styles are designed to affect the soul itself and listening to Vivaldi and other Baroque artists will fill me with strong emotions and a sense of awe and quite literally move me to tears. It's just too powerful. The later classical music on the other hand works more on the intellect. Different vibrations and styles of music affect different levels of our consciousness and different layers of our subtle and physical anatomy.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Tsar wrote:
January 11th, 2023, 3:40 pm
My musical preferences haven't changed, they've expanded somewhat, but they didn't change. I like the same music as always and anything that I find appealing. I'm a person that doesn't change much at all. I'm one of the most consistent people in life. I never change, only expand, grow, or evolve, but I never change who I am or what I like. I still listen to songs I liked as a teenager because they weren't the mainstream music of the time, but I listen to much more music now and it's often newer music.
During my teenage years I was largely lost and had to make do with what music was available to me. There was no broadband internet in almost every household nor was there YouTube with millions of music videos from all genres and eras. All I had was albums which my friends and acquaintances shared with me and music videos on the dozen or so music channels that we got on satellite TV in my country. That's all I had to go by. So I had to wade through a lot of garbage throughout my formative years. It wasn't until YouTube became popular and full of all kinds of music videos that I started to find my own way.

I think that reflects the story of my life during my teenage years and early 20s. Throughout that time I felt lost in life and disconnected from my true self without knowing what path to make and feeling like I was just being carried along by currents which didn't really suit me. It was only after I had a spiritual awakening in my mid 20s that I started to feel somewhat whole and connect with my deeper nature and forge my own identity. Before then I felt so fragmented because the world that I lived in just seemed to alien to me.

As soon as I became more spiritual, my musical preferences began to change considerably. I started to seek out more quality and especially music that was harmonious and uplifting. At the same time I lost interest in much of the music that I listened to in my teens. If ever I do remember a song from that era and decide to search for it, it is usually only for intellectual curiosity or nostalgia.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Lucas88 wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 9:45 pm
Yes, the study of cymatics. I remember watching some videos with you about that field. Those experiments demonstrated how different sound frequencies and genres of music created different patterns in the sand through their particular vibrations. I've always been fascinated by the question of how each genre of music affects consciousness. Like how a tritone for example will universally produce a feeling of dread in listeners. Or how some chords produce feelings of happiness while others mimic anger or sorrow. I myself believe in a philosophy of musical realism, namely that the universe itself has intrinsic musical properties, just like how it has intrinsic mathematical properties. Humans didn't invent music; we simply discovered it through experimentation with the instruments which our ancestors fabricated. All musical formulas already exist independent of us in the mind of the Universal Consciousness which we call Brahman.
The study of cymatics is absolutely fascinating. How certain songs and different vibrational frequencies can affect matter like sand and water and change them into patterns that mirror sacred geometric patterns found all throughout nature.

Does the above not prove your theory of musical realism to be true? I've heard songs and beautiful frequencies which made me feel blissfully at peace when in psychedelic experiences. I perceive these to be vibrational frequencies of Brahman or the Life.

The study of cymatics should be evidence enough that songs with negative and distorted frequencies should be avoided so that they don't have negative influences on the soul. Music with positive vibrations which evoke good feelings like the physical movement of the body or the emotional movement of the soul etc are to be embraced.
I've mentioned before that I just can't get into any music from before the 80s with the exception of some late 70s disco. As we both know, you've sent me various tracks from the 70s and I've always told you that the qualities of the music from that decade and earlier simply feel to alien to my soul and I can never get into them. It's as though I can only connect with the sounds and vibes of the 80s which for me represent the height of musical evolution ever since popular music became a thing and possess a kind of power and perfected harmonious frequency like no other. I can literally listen to 80s music for hours and feel completely uplifted and not get bored but I usually have to make a great effort to listen to music from most other decades and it just feels like a chore. I like some music from the 90s and early 2000s too but I rarely find the same quality that I find in 80s music.

Why do you think that I cannot ever get into music from before the 80s? Am I simply more accustomed to 80s music with it being an acquired taste or is there something about the vibrations of the music of that decade that resonates with my soul and individual nature much more on an objective level?
Hmmm. I'm not sure. Possibly the vibration and frequency from music of that decade is something which resonates very well with you. So much so that you just cannot relate to any other music. It simply doesn't "vibe" with you all that well.

I do like music from the 80s as well. Most of the artists from that decade were really talented. I also like artists from earlier decades because I value the fact that they all have their own unique sounds. Led Zeppelin for example with their song Kashmir and the counter rhythm with the drums and guitar is a brilliant song. Some of their songs like Ten Years Gone and The Light are really nice. @fschmidt mentioned he was a Zeppelin fan and talked about Stairway to Heaven. This is the song that has the backmasking where they end up singing "Sweet Sweet Satan" when the song is played backwards. Personally, I don't like Stairway to Heaven. It's overrated as one of their best songs.
They do. Some songs contain subliminal messages which have been put there intentionally. You once told me the "my sweet Satan" message which was put in a Led Zeppelin album.

Curiously, the Shakira song "Suerte" - the Spanish version of "Whenever, Wherever" - possibly has a backmasked message in it which seems to say:

"Y mis ojos ensucian la presencia roquera" --- "And my eyes dirty the rocker presence".

Some have theorized that that alleged message was inserted by a rock fan working for the recording studio and tired of all the unoriginal mass-produced pop music which dominates the charts. I would rather it have been a subliminal message about Shakira's breasts being "small and humble".

I used to like Shakira but even in her early Spanish-language content there is a lot of Illuminati symbolism. In the music video of "Ojos Así" there is a pyramid and the all-seeing eye in the background. At this point I believe that Shakira was groomed from very early in her musical career to be an Illuminati pop princess. I can't even bare to listen to her recent stuff.

The same Shakira song is also alleged to contain mackmasked messages about Satan and man being banished from the Eden, but to be honest I couldn't hear them. The only message that was convincing to me was the one about Shakira's eyes dirtying the rocker presence! :lol:
I've never been into Shakira. I only remember her song where she's singing about herself lol. What's it called? The one that goes "Shakira Shakira". But does she use backmasking techniques as well?

I have a question about backmasking. @Lucas88, do you think it is intentional? And if it is intentional do you think it is intentional on part of the individual artist or could it be the music industry itself like record label companies and such which insist they incorporate certain songs into their albums?

If you think about it backmasking would take a certain degree of intelligence. And most songs with backmasking seem to contain some overly negative or satanic messages which could affect the subconscious of the listener. What do you think? Is Shakira someone who you think is smart enough to knowingly have backmasking in her songs? Did someone do this for her, like write her song for her and she just sings what she's told? Or is it just a coincidence?

I'm not sure how much freedom musical artists are afforded by record label companies and such. It seems artists like Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse and even Britney Spears rebelled against this. You'd think that artists would be happy living their dream lives of creating music and such, but most of them objectively aren't. It's like they've sold a part of their soul and now regret their life choices. That's why they drink themselves to death and take overdoses or outright blow their brains out like Kurt Cobain did. Is it lifestyles of complete hedonistism that results in this? Or utter depression at having little to no artistic freedom in the music scene? Food for thought.
I also love some Baroque music like Vivaldi. But I can only listen to it once in a while and on special occasions. Unlike modern popular genres which affect the physical body and are designed to get the listener into a groove, Baroque music and earlier styles are designed to affect the soul itself and listening to Vivaldi and other Baroque artists will fill me with strong emotions and a sense of awe and quite literally move me to tears. It's just too powerful. The later classical music on the other hand works more on the intellect. Different vibrations and styles of music affect different levels of our consciousness and different layers of our subtle and physical anatomy.
I love all forms of classical music. I find it relaxing and mentally stimulating at the same time. Like I said though, certain classical songs move me so much because of my daughter and the nostalgia I feel when I listen to them. Two in particular, which I will share below, make me cry without fail every time I listen to them. I'm even welling up a little bit writing this and just thinking about it lol so gay! :lol:

Clair De Lune - Claude Debussy.

Once Upon A Time In Paris - Erik Satie.

Both of them are quite melancholy pieces of music, they do evoke emotions of sadness. But at the same time they are musical masterpieces which have a lot of personal meaning to me. I don't feel sad when I listen to these songs, I feel happy and overwhelmed with emotion and the love I have for my child. They are really powerful.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
January 15th, 2023, 5:00 am
@fschmidt mentioned he was a Zeppelin fan and talked about Stairway to Heaven. This is the song that has the backmasking where they end up singing "Sweet Sweet Satan" when the song is played backwards. Personally, I don't like Stairway to Heaven. It's overrated as one of their best songs.
I don't know why you keep bringing this up. I like Stairway to Heaven, but I like most of Led Zeppelin's songs and I listen to their albums regularly. The video I posted talked about Stairway to Heaven because it was a very popular song and the point of the video is that such a song wouldn't be popular today. That should be obvious since modern scum only like crap.

I like popular music from 1960 to 2000, before the people became scum. Groups I listen to regularly include (old) Bruce Springsteen, Cake, Chicago, The Cure, David Bowie, Dido, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Morphine, Nirvana, The Rolling Stones, Steely Dan, Talking Heads, Tom Waits, Traffic, and Violent Femmes. I can't relate to classical music which seems at peace with the world which is the opposite of how I feel. And of course modern music is complete crap.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

fschmidt wrote:
January 15th, 2023, 10:18 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
@fschmidt mentioned he was a Zeppelin fan and talked about Stairway to Heaven. This is the song that has the backmasking where they end up singing "Sweet Sweet Satan" when the song is played backwards. Personally, I don't like Stairway to Heaven. It's overrated as one of their best songs.
I don't know why you keep bringing this up. I like Stairway to Heaven, but I like most of Led Zeppelin's songs and I listen to their albums regularly. The video I posted talked about Stairway to Heaven because it was a very popular song and the point of the video is that such a song wouldn't be popular today. That should be obvious since modern scum only like crap.

I like popular music from 1960 to 2000, before the people became scum. Groups I listen to regularly include (old) Bruce Springsteen, Cake, Chicago, The Cure, David Bowie, Dido, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Morphine, Nirvana, The Rolling Stones, Steely Dan, Talking Heads, Tom Waits, Traffic, and Violent Femmes. I can't relate to classical music which seems at peace with the world which is the opposite of how I feel. And of course modern music is complete crap.
Keep bringing it up? I've mentioned it once in a thread you made about Led Zeppelin. :cry:

I actually like a lot of artists you mentioned here as well. The Cure, Bowie, The Doors, Rolling Stones, Hendrix. I think all of these are good artists and they all have their own unique sound, which is why I like them. Modern artists don't have their own unique sound and for the most part they all sound the same and regurgitate the same crap because it's just whatever sells.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
I've never been into Shakira. I only remember her song where she's singing about herself lol. What's it called? The one that goes "Shakira Shakira". But does she use backmasking techniques as well?

I have a question about backmasking. @Lucas88, do you think it is intentional? And if it is intentional do you think it is intentional on part of the individual artist or could it be the music industry itself like record label companies and such which insist they incorporate certain songs into their albums?

If you think about it backmasking would take a certain degree of intelligence. And most songs with backmasking seem to contain some overly negative or satanic messages which could affect the subconscious of the listener. What do you think? Is Shakira someone who you think is smart enough to knowingly have backmasking in her songs? Did someone do this for her, like write her song for her and she just sings what she's told? Or is it just a coincidence?

I'm not sure how much freedom musical artists are afforded by record label companies and such. It seems artists like Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse and even Britney Spears rebelled against this. You'd think that artists would be happy living their dream lives of creating music and such, but most of them objectively aren't. It's like they've sold a part of their soul and now regret their life choices. That's why they drink themselves to death and take overdoses or outright blow their brains out like Kurt Cobain did. Is it lifestyles of complete hedonistism that results in this? Or utter depression at having little to no artistic freedom in the music scene? Food for thought.
From what I've read, there are instances of legitimate backmasking in which the artist intentionally records something which is meant to be played backwards and includes some hidden message while in other cases the alleged hidden message is merely a pareidolia produced by phonetic reversal (i.e., people just projecting onto the reversed sounds some coherent meaning which they think they hear). As for legitimate backmasking, not all instances are sinister. Despite all of the Christian hysteria about Satanic subliminals in the 70s and 80s, many instances of backmasking involve completely harmless or even humorous messages that have nothing to do with Satanism.

Here is a video about backmasking with some examples (both alleged and definitely real):

A list of songs which include intentionally backmasked messages:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_b ... d_messages

Most artists who sign with big record companies have limited control over their own music. The record company has the final say and artists are forced to accept the conditions that are laid out to them if they want to get paid.

Shakira is actually intelligent. Apparently she has written or cowritten most of her songs and displayed great musical creativity from a young age. Shakira was already an established Latin artist with various successful Spanish-language albums even before she broke into the US market in the early 2000s. Her Spanish-language music from the 90s was of considerably better quality than her English-language pop songs from 2001 onwards. Shakira is also reported to have an IQ of 141. She's an extremely gifted and talented woman.

Depression and drug overdoses are indeed common in the music industry. I think that many artists end up feeling trapped working for a corrupt industry which limits their creativity and only seeks to exploit them. Then, on top of that, some people just can't handle the fame.