Why do movies portray Americans as being open, wild, & fun loving, but in real life they are nothing like that?!

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Why do movies portray Americans as being open, wild, & fun loving, but in real life they are nothing like that?!

Post by Winston »

Hey everyone,
Check out this movie from 1988 called "Cocktail" starring Tom Cruise and Elisabeth Shue. I just saw it and it was great. There are many scenes in it that show Americans as being very wild, fun loving, and open. Especially the scenes in New York. Are any bars in America really like this? Why is this 100000000 percent different than in real life where Americans are super cold and closed and antisocial?! I don't get the enormous difference. I know movies exaggerate, but to portray things as being 1000000000 percent different than reality is too far fetched. Here are some trailers for it below. They show a few fun wild scenes, but you have to see the whole movie to see what I mean.

Is there anywhere in real life in America where Americans act that open, wild and fun loving? The thing is, even in Las Vegas on the strip, Americans never act that wild and fun and carefree. You can still see that even on vacation, they look uptight and inhibited while they are trying to have fun. Nothing like the carefree people you see having fun in Latin America or the Philippines or Russia.

Now the thing is, normies like @HouseMD claim that all their friends are open and wild and fun loving like in the movies. But I doubt it and I think they are exaggerating. Because that is not what I see at all. People like HouseMD claim that the reason we don't know anyone who is open and wild and fun loving, is because we are losers and have some kind of "defect". But I don't buy that, because there is too much evidence that what we see in America is real and we are NOT imagining things, and that normies like him are just trying to shame us because the Notnilc matrix loves to blame us and f**k with our heads, and uses NPCs like him to do so. Because America LOVES to blame the victim, even unjustly and without cause. That's why America is for assholes, not nice or honest people, as we all know. And some people here in this reality may not be about the truth at all, but only here to shame those of us who are aware and screw with our heads.

What do you all think? Have any of you seen Americans in real life act as fun loving, wild, and open as the movies show? If so, where and how often?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Re: Why do movies portray Americans as being open, wild, & fun loving, but in real life they are nothing like that?!

Post by HouseMD »

Winston wrote:
March 31st, 2023, 9:16 pm
Hey everyone,
Check out this movie from 1988 called "Cocktail" starring Tom Cruise and Elisabeth Shue. I just saw it and it was great. There are many scenes in it that show Americans as being very wild, fun loving, and open. Especially the scenes in New York. Are any bars in America really like this? Why is this 100000000 percent different than in real life where Americans are super cold and closed and antisocial?! I don't get the enormous difference. I know movies exaggerate, but to portray things as being 1000000000 percent different than reality is too far fetched. Here are some trailers for it below. They show a few fun wild scenes, but you have to see the whole movie to see what I mean.

Is there anywhere in real life in America where Americans act that open, wild and fun loving? The thing is, even in Las Vegas on the strip, Americans never act that wild and fun and carefree. You can still see that even on vacation, they look uptight and inhibited while they are trying to have fun. Nothing like the carefree people you see having fun in Latin America or the Philippines or Russia.

Now the thing is, normies like @HouseMD claim that all their friends are open and wild and fun loving like in the movies. But I doubt it and I think they are exaggerating. Because that is not what I see at all. People like HouseMD claim that the reason we don't know anyone who is open and wild and fun loving, is because we are losers and have some kind of "defect". But I don't buy that, because there is too much evidence that what we see in America is real and we are NOT imagining things, and that normies like him are just trying to shame us because the Notnilc matrix loves to blame us and f**k with our heads, and uses NPCs like him to do so. Because America LOVES to blame the victim, even unjustly and without cause. That's why America is for assholes, not nice or honest people, as we all know. And some people here in this reality may not be about the truth at all, but only here to shame those of us who are aware and screw with our heads.

What do you all think? Have any of you seen Americans in real life act as fun loving, wild, and open as the movies show? If so, where and how often?
I run with a wild crowd. Might be hitting the clubs in the Northeast with some younger women that are longtime friends and on the VIP list, I'll let you know how it is, honestly I haven't been clubbing in around a decade and largely have stuck to bars and parties hosted by friends. If you are a regular and know how to start a conversation, making friends in bars is easy. First you have to go with a woman or a regular that others know to show you are safe, then you talk up and tip the bartender well. Once you're on their list of decent people, you start making small talk with others at the bar while you order drinks, splitting the convo between the other patrons, your friend, and the bartender. Next thing you know you've got a few new friends at the bar, who introduce you to their friends, and so on and so forth, until you're a part of the fabric of the place
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why do movies portray Americans as being open, wild, & fun loving, but in real life they are nothing like that?!

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:
March 31st, 2023, 9:16 pm
Hey everyone,
Check out this movie from 1988 called "Cocktail" starring Tom Cruise and Elisabeth Shue. I just saw it and it was great. There are many scenes in it that show Americans as being very wild, fun loving, and open. Especially the scenes in New York. Are any bars in America really like this? Why is this 100000000 percent different than in real life where Americans are super cold and closed and antisocial?! I don't get the enormous difference. I know movies exaggerate, but to portray things as being 1000000000 percent different than reality is too far fetched.

What you see in Hollywood movies is not reality at all. Hollywood always likes to portray life in America as being one big party. In reality, nothing could be further from the truth.

It's funny, in movies and TV shows, you never see fat women or ugly women, when in reality, there is a large percentage of women in the US who are fat and ugly! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."