The Perfect Murder

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

The Perfect Murder

Post by Pixel--Dude »

@Lucas88
@Winston
@WilliamSmith
@MarcosZeitola
@willymonfrete
@publicduende
@fschmidt
@MrMan
@MrPeabody
@kangarunner
@gsjackson
@galii
@WanderingProtagonist
@Yohan
@Voyager1
@Shemp

Hi everyone. I've been watching a lot of old Alfred Hitchcock movies lately. I think some of them are really good and have a theme of someone killing their wife and/or trying to commit the perfect murder. The characters plan these murders out so meticulously you'd think they are bound to get away with it, but they always make some kind of mistake or forget some major detail which unravels their seemingly brilliant plans.

Some movies in mind I've watched include:

Dial M For Murder

Rope

Rear Window

As a side note can we just appreciate how f***ing sexy Grace Kelly was? She's hot as f**k and I would've let her sit on my face if I even existed back in the 50s pmsl

Anyway. I wanted to tag you all here for two reasons

1. To see if you guys could recommend any other movies with similar themes. How to commit the perfect murder. And also to share opinions on the movies I shared.

2. And secondly I thought we might play a little game. For this game I want to do a hypothetical where you're trapped in a marriage with a heartless shrew who denies you sex and probably cheats on you with some Chad. She's mean to you. But divorcing her means she'll take everything you've worked for.

How would you commit the perfect murder? How would you off this bitch so that there was little to no evidence to convict you, without her body being found (or if it is found how can you guarantee it won't connect back to you)

Post your ideas. If you read someone else's idea for a perfect murder and you quote it, your job will be as a detective to poke holes in their plan, similar to how I mentioned above that these guys always forget something and end up getting caught.

How would you commit the perfect murder?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
galii
Experienced Poster

Re: The Perfect Murder

Post by galii »

I feel like she should be lured to another country best a currupt 3rd world country. There you go hiking and she falls from the cliff. It is not ideal but there are no direct evidence.

The title of the movie would be 'happier abroad' lol.

Ideally you get the citizinship of that country so you do not have to go to court anyway maybe.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Terrible topic, but I would imagine the way to do it would be to set the person up to die where you don't have legal responsibility.

A friend of mine said he told this guy he worked with if he wanted to get rid of his drug-using, drug-dealing brother to tell him that if he wanted to make some real money to take some hashish to Singapore, where they don't have any of that really good hashish. They pay top dollar there.

This might work on really low IQ people who don't think to look things up on the Internet. He said that before there was a lot of information on the Internet or before a lot of people were using it.

Singapore executes people for bringing drugs into the country.

If you could talk someone into hanging out on the Gaza Strip or some other dangerous place, that might work.

I don't think I've seen dial M for murder, but just seeing that it makes me think murder is a waste of a pretty woman. If the woman is really pretty, it makes the audience viewing the film more sympathetic to the character... at least the males, but probably the women, too.

The prince of Monaco thought Grace Kelly was pretty enough to marry, even though she wasn't royalty. (Not that most royals are as good-looking as Grace Kelly was.)
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

I've seen crime documentaries. In one the guy took his wife hiking to a high cliff and pushed her off. He said she slipped and fell. There's no real evidence to prove either way.

I think you can use high doses of nicotine or sodium nitrate to poison someone but that might appear in an autopsy.

If you can get a hold of polonium or Novichok even better.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

@galii
@Voyager1
@MrMan

Since you guys responded I'm tagging you. I like your ideas. Throwing the bitch from a cliff sounds like a good idea. But if we're going to go elaborate then what do you think of this!

I write a note to the police, an anonymous note doused in gasoline stating that I am a new serial killer known as the Axe Man. In the note I state that my intention is to walk the streets at night and try each front door until I find one that isn't locked. Once I find one that isn't locked I will enter the house and slaughter anyone inside.

Then I tell the bitch wife that I'm off on a trip and take a train halfway across the country. In my case I'd travel from England to Scotland. Once there I would rent a car. I would drive said car back to England and park outside my house. I would enter the house using my house key and I'd chop my wife to pieces with the axe.

I'd take the axe, my clothes and place them in a bag. I'd fill the bag with rocks and toss it in a lake and drive the rented car back to Scotland and return it at the end of one week. The milage on the clock I would explain away as me driving around the Highlands.

It looks to the police that the serial killer just happened to check my door and it just so happened to be open. My poor wife. My heart would pump piss for her :lol: I'd have train tickets proving I was in Scotland the week she was killed. My DNA is all over the house? Of course it is! I f***ing live there! That's how I'd kill my wife. I'd chop the bitch into pieces and I'd technically be half way across the country when it happened and have the train tickets to prove it.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
October 16th, 2023, 4:41 pm
@galii
@Voyager1
@MrMan

Since you guys responded I'm tagging you. I like your ideas. Throwing the bitch from a cliff sounds like a good idea. But if we're going to go elaborate then what do you think of this!

I write a note to the police, an anonymous note doused in gasoline stating that I am a new serial killer known as the Axe Man. In the note I state that my intention is to walk the streets at night and try each front door until I find one that isn't locked. Once I find one that isn't locked I will enter the house and slaughter anyone inside.

Then I tell the bitch wife that I'm off on a trip and take a train halfway across the country. In my case I'd travel from England to Scotland. Once there I would rent a car. I would drive said car back to England and park outside my house. I would enter the house using my house key and I'd chop my wife to pieces with the axe.

I'd take the axe, my clothes and place them in a bag. I'd fill the bag with rocks and toss it in a lake and drive the rented car back to Scotland and return it at the end of one week. The milage on the clock I would explain away as me driving around the Highlands.

It looks to the police that the serial killer just happened to check my door and it just so happened to be open. My poor wife. My heart would pump piss for her :lol: I'd have train tickets proving I was in Scotland the week she was killed. My DNA is all over the house? Of course it is! I f***ing live there! That's how I'd kill my wife. I'd chop the bitch into pieces and I'd technically be half way across the country when it happened and have the train tickets to prove it.
That won't work. Never do the crime in the city because everywhere there are cameras. The police will not believe a serial killer story. They will automatically assume you are the killer. Just statistics. That is how Colombo always catches them. Never kill in your country where you live.

Reminds me of nomad capitalists who say never have your money in the country where you live because government can take it from you esily.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

galii wrote:
October 17th, 2023, 11:40 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:
@galii
@Voyager1
@MrMan

That won't work. Never do the crime in the city because everywhere there are cameras. The police will not believe a serial killer story. They will automatically assume you are the killer. Just statistics. That is how Colombo always catches them. Never kill in your country where you live.

Reminds me of nomad capitalists who say never have your money in the country where you live because government can take it from you esily.
They will suspect the spouse, obviously. But I have train tickets proving I was hundreds of miles away when it happened. As for the issue of cameras I could always wear a disguise 🥸 with the car rental i could take some reg plates from a car at the scrap yard and put them on the rental temporarily so the reg plate doesn't match with the reg of the car I rented in Glasgow.

Whether they believed the serial killer story or not is a matter of opinion. They'd have a note from someone claiming to kill someone random. I'd happen to be out of town that week and my wife happened to get slaughtered like a f***ing heffer.

When interviewed I would make myself cry, which I'm sure I could manage if I put the right thoughts through my head. I'd say I went to the Highlands to take in the scenery and do some soul searching. If I wanted to i could do this kind of thing regular like every couple of months or something, booking the same tickets for the same train, renting the same kind of car from the same company. Etc. Of course I would keep all the proof. They would undoubtedly find my DNA in the house but of course they will.

It's so meticulously planned it's perfect! If I had a friend who I was close enough to trust with this kind of information like @Lucas88 I'm sure he could even provide witness testimonial evidence and say that he and I were hiking and driving around the Highlands during the time of my bitch wife's murder.

So what do the police actually have by way of evidence regarding this crime?

1. A note from an alleged serial killer claiming to randomly check house doors on a particular date at night and murder everyone inside the first house he finds open.

2. My DNA in the house. Nobody else's. Which is fine. Perhaps the killer has knowledge of how to cover his tracks and hide forensic evidence, but let's not focus on what they don't have, let's focus on what they DO have. My DNA proves nothing as its also my house and it stands to reason that my DNA would be found there. If my wife had an illicit affair every now and again this would only work in my favour since another man's DNA would be in the house as well. Still, my DNA in the house isn't enough to convict me.

3. They would have the car rental and mileage. If they were prudent enough to investigate this lead the car mileage would be an issue. Especially if I had reset it, which would seem suspicious by itself. CCTV footage would have several models of the same vehicle in or around the area where my wife was murdered, but as I said we can mitigate risk by changing the plates with a plate from a scrapped car. They wouldn't have the resources to investigate every car and I doubt they'd even have the wherewithal to even think of this anyway.

4. They would have testimony from my friend @Lucas88 who would provide them with my alibi. Not only that, but train tickets booked, plus CCTV footage of me boarding the train to Scotland and back at the end of my trip. I'd even try to call my wife from Scotland so that if they traced my mobile phone location data it would show I was in Scotland the whole time. I'd leave my phone with Lucas in the Highlands while I drove the rental back to England to murder my wife.

What do the rest of you aspiring sleuths think? If you were the detective assigned to this case how would you investigate it?

@Winston
@publicduende
@MarcosZeitola
@WilliamSmith
@willymonfrete
@Voyager1
@MrMan
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
October 18th, 2023, 12:16 am
galii wrote:
October 17th, 2023, 11:40 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:
@galii
@Voyager1
@MrMan

They will suspect the spouse, obviously. But I have train tickets proving I was hundreds of miles away when it happened. As for the issue of cameras I could always wear a disguise 🥸 with the car rental i could take some reg plates from a car at the scrap yard and put them on the rental temporarily so the reg plate doesn't match with the reg of the car I rented in Glasgow.

Whether they believed the serial killer story or not is a matter of opinion. They'd have a note from someone claiming to kill someone random. I'd happen to be out of town that week and my wife happened to get slaughtered like a f***ing heffer.

When interviewed I would make myself cry, which I'm sure I could manage if I put the right thoughts through my head. I'd say I went to the Highlands to take in the scenery and do some soul searching. If I wanted to i could do this kind of thing regular like every couple of months or something, booking the same tickets for the same train, renting the same kind of car from the same company. Etc. Of course I would keep all the proof. They would undoubtedly find my DNA in the house but of course they will.

It's so meticulously planned it's perfect! If I had a friend who I was close enough to trust with this kind of information like @Lucas88 I'm sure he could even provide witness testimonial evidence and say that he and I were hiking and driving around the Highlands during the time of my bitch wife's murder.

So what do the police actually have by way of evidence regarding this crime?

1. A note from an alleged serial killer claiming to randomly check house doors on a particular date at night and murder everyone inside the first house he finds open.

2. My DNA in the house. Nobody else's. Which is fine. Perhaps the killer has knowledge of how to cover his tracks and hide forensic evidence, but let's not focus on what they don't have, let's focus on what they DO have. My DNA proves nothing as its also my house and it stands to reason that my DNA would be found there. If my wife had an illicit affair every now and again this would only work in my favour since another man's DNA would be in the house as well. Still, my DNA in the house isn't enough to convict me.

3. They would have the car rental and mileage. If they were prudent enough to investigate this lead the car mileage would be an issue. Especially if I had reset it, which would seem suspicious by itself. CCTV footage would have several models of the same vehicle in or around the area where my wife was murdered, but as I said we can mitigate risk by changing the plates with a plate from a scrapped car. They wouldn't have the resources to investigate every car and I doubt they'd even have the wherewithal to even think of this anyway.

4. They would have testimony from my friend @Lucas88 who would provide them with my alibi. Not only that, but train tickets booked, plus CCTV footage of me boarding the train to Scotland and back at the end of my trip. I'd even try to call my wife from Scotland so that if they traced my mobile phone location data it would show I was in Scotland the whole time. I'd leave my phone with Lucas in the Highlands while I drove the rental back to England to murder my wife.

What do the rest of you aspiring sleuths think? If you were the detective assigned to this case how would you investigate it?

@Winston
@publicduende
@MarcosZeitola
@WilliamSmith
@willymonfrete
@Voyager1
@MrMan
I mean it is far from perfect murder. You may get away with it because Police is so lazy nowadays they may not even care.

The thing is you do not have an alibi. Your friend does not count. You have to give evidence that you were in other city. Tickets are not evidence. Just do it in other country. Nobody will care. That is why happier abroad is created to commit the perfect crime. lol.

They can check with many cameras the time you changed the plates. They can figure out till you rented the car with cameras.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
October 14th, 2023, 6:57 am
@Lucas88
@Winston
@WilliamSmith
@MarcosZeitola
@willymonfrete
@publicduende
@fschmidt
@MrMan
@MrPeabody
@kangarunner
@gsjackson
@galii
@WanderingProtagonist
@Yohan
@Voyager1
@Shemp

Hi everyone. I've been watching a lot of old Alfred Hitchcock movies lately. I think some of them are really good and have a theme of someone killing their wife and/or trying to commit the perfect murder. The characters plan these murders out so meticulously you'd think they are bound to get away with it, but they always make some kind of mistake or forget some major detail which unravels their seemingly brilliant plans.

Some movies in mind I've watched include:

Dial M For Murder

Rope

Rear Window

As a side note can we just appreciate how f***ing sexy Grace Kelly was? She's hot as f**k and I would've let her sit on my face if I even existed back in the 50s pmsl

Anyway. I wanted to tag you all here for two reasons

1. To see if you guys could recommend any other movies with similar themes. How to commit the perfect murder. And also to share opinions on the movies I shared.

2. And secondly I thought we might play a little game. For this game I want to do a hypothetical where you're trapped in a marriage with a heartless shrew who denies you sex and probably cheats on you with some Chad. She's mean to you. But divorcing her means she'll take everything you've worked for.

How would you commit the perfect murder? How would you off this bitch so that there was little to no evidence to convict you, without her body being found (or if it is found how can you guarantee it won't connect back to you)

Post your ideas. If you read someone else's idea for a perfect murder and you quote it, your job will be as a detective to poke holes in their plan, similar to how I mentioned above that these guys always forget something and end up getting caught.

How would you commit the perfect murder?
I don't get this trailer. If a guy had his beautiful wife killed like that, he wouldn't be able to enjoy his beautiful wife anymore. If she were very cruel toward him, it might make sense. But she seems like she's a sweet empathetic, wholesome character from what I gather... and I could be projecting because of her looks.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

I have another idea for a perfect murder. Admittedly less elaborate than the last plan with the trip to Scotland. This plan involves making my wife's death look like an accident.

First thing I would do is wait until my wife goes to bed. Then I would remove the light bulb on the upstairs landing. I would have put a screw in the wall the day before or something and then put some wire from the screw to the railing going down the stairs. I'd remove the light bulbs and attach the wire during the night but attach the screws during the day.

I'd hide my wife's phone, or take the battery out of it and ask her to get me some water during the night. She would hopefully go and trip over the wire and break her neck falling down the stairs. Then I would put the light bulb back in, remove the screws and wire and insert her phone battery back into her phone. I'd call an ambulance and report that my wife had an accident and had fallen down the stairs.

@galii
@MrMan
@Voyager1
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
November 5th, 2023, 4:04 am
I have another idea for a perfect murder. Admittedly less elaborate than the last plan with the trip to Scotland. This plan involves making my wife's death look like an accident.

First thing I would do is wait until my wife goes to bed. Then I would remove the light bulb on the upstairs landing. I would have put a screw in the wall the day before or something and then put some wire from the screw to the railing going down the stairs. I'd remove the light bulbs and attach the wire during the night but attach the screws during the day.

I'd hide my wife's phone, or take the battery out of it and ask her to get me some water during the night. She would hopefully go and trip over the wire and break her neck falling down the stairs. Then I would put the light bulb back in, remove the screws and wire and insert her phone battery back into her phone. I'd call an ambulance and report that my wife had an accident and had fallen down the stairs.

@galii
@MrMan
@Voyager1
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

MrMan wrote:
November 5th, 2023, 12:21 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:

@galii
@MrMan
@Voyager1
First of all, that would be a mean thing to do. Would you do that to a woman who looks like Grace Kelly?

Anyhow, they might not investigate, but if they did, they could see where the wire cut into the railing, then they might find the screw hole. And there is no guarantee that she would break her neck and die.

She might just end up with a sore leg, calling you, "Honey, could you bring me some more tea, please?" and you'd be going back and forth to the kitchen bringing her stuff all day long.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

MrMan wrote:
November 5th, 2023, 12:23 pm
MrMan wrote:
November 5th, 2023, 12:21 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:

@galii
@MrMan
@Voyager1
First of all, that would be a mean thing to do. Would you do that to a woman who looks like Grace Kelly?

Anyhow, they might not investigate, but if they did, they could see where the wire cut into the railing, then they might find the screw hole. And there is no guarantee that she would break her neck and die.

She might just end up with a sore leg, calling you, "Honey, could you bring me some more tea, please?" and you'd be going back and forth to the kitchen bringing her stuff all day long.
Hypothetically, yes! If I hypothetically wanted my wife dead I would use one of the mentioned methods. They might investigate and find the screw holes, but what would that prove? I could just say they've always been there.

If she survived the fall I think I'd go downstairs and break her neck myself. But I'd hope that I'd just kill the bitch with my trap.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

What about if you accidentally murdered your wife? Say you had an argument and pushed her because she tried to hit you and she fell and hit her head on the fireplace or something?

Hardly the ideal murder, but any murder is a perfect murder so long as you can get away with it. So you've got your dead wife with her head cracked open on the marble mantlepiece. Now how do you clean up the mess and get rid of the body in a way that ensures you can get away with it?

@Lucas88
@MrMan
@Winston
@MarcosZeitola
@publicduende
@Voyager1
@galii
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
November 5th, 2023, 5:05 pm
What about if you accidentally murdered your wife? Say you had an argument and pushed her because she tried to hit you and she fell and hit her head on the fireplace or something?

Hardly the ideal murder, but any murder is a perfect murder so long as you can get away with it. So you've got your dead wife with her head cracked open on the marble mantlepiece. Now how do you clean up the mess and get rid of the body in a way that ensures you can get away with it?

@Lucas88
@MrMan
@Winston
@MarcosZeitola
@publicduende
@Voyager1
@galii
Accidents get classified as manslaughter.

If something like that happened I'd call the police.

I don't push my wife in arguments. I will be careful around the mantle now that you mentioned it.