The Traitors

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

The Traitors

Post by Pixel--Dude »

I've recently submitted an application to join a TV show known as The Traitors? Has anyone seen it? Basically it's a game of detective work and deception. Players are either part of the unknowing majority and must weed out all the traitors amongst them before the game ends. The Traitors secretly murder a contestant every night and these are part of the knowing minority.

There's about 22 contestants and 3 or 4 traitors among them. If any traitors are remaining by the end of the game they take the entire prize fund of up to 100k. If the other team get rid of all the traitors then they share the prize fund.

What team would you rather be on and what would your strategy be to win?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Re: The Traitors

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
January 17th, 2024, 5:52 am
I've recently submitted an application to join a TV show known as The Traitors? Has anyone seen it? Basically it's a game of detective work and deception. Players are either part of the unknowing majority and must weed out all the traitors amongst them before the game ends. The Traitors secretly murder a contestant every night and these are part of the knowing minority.

There's about 22 contestants and 3 or 4 traitors among them. If any traitors are remaining by the end of the game they take the entire prize fund of up to 100k. If the other team get rid of all the traitors then they share the prize fund.

At first I thought this was about real life traitors. I was ready to engage, but no I don't know anything about a tv show called traitors.. :lol:
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
January 17th, 2024, 12:32 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:

At first I thought this was about real life traitors. I was ready to engage, but no I don't know anything about a tv show called traitors.. :lol:
Have you played a game before called Town of Salem? It's a game about a town with 15 people who are given certain roles, like Doctor or Sheriff for example. 3 members of the town are given Mafia roles and have to kill one person each time there's a night phase. Other townies perform actions in accordance with their roles at night time. During the day phase townies confer and vote someone they think is Mafia to be lynched.

The show The Traitors has a similar premise to this and believe it or not I'm actually quite good at these types of games. I've played Town of Salem for over a year and played other games with similar themes like the One Night A Werewolf board game where there are townies verses werewolves who are pretending to be townies. Townies win if all werewolves are caught at the end of the game. The werewolves win if townies accidentally vote one of their own at the end. There's a wild card who's called the Tanner. He wins if he tricks the townies into believing he's a Werewolf and they vote him at the end.

If you want to talk about traitors in real life because the show or the above mentioned games don't interest you then we can do that. Have you ever betrayed someone in real life? Or have you ever been betrayed?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
Basically it's a game of detective work and deception. Players are either part of the unknowing majority and must weed out all the traitors amongst them before the game ends.
So basically it's just a game that summarizes Western society in general?

It's this kind of cynical and suspicious thinking pattern that the Western society loves to breed into people.

Suspicion leads to hate.
Hate leads to conflict.
Conflict leads to destruction.

On the contrary, Vietnamese would make a show where the goal of the game is to cooperate with each other and live in harmony.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

kangarunner wrote:
January 17th, 2024, 10:33 pm
So basically it's just a game that summarizes Western society in general?

It's this kind of cynical and suspicious thinking pattern that the Western society loves to breed into people.

Suspicion leads to hate.
Hate leads to conflict.
Conflict leads to destruction.

On the contrary, Vietnamese would make a show where the goal of the game is to cooperate with each other and live in harmony.
A game show where people cooperate with each other? Where would be the fun in that? I mean, there are challenges and stuff where the players have to cooperate, but then there are hidden traitors among them who have to try and eliminate the opposition and take all the prize money.

I've applied to go on the show under the role of traitor because I think that role would be easiest to play. I don't like lying and deceiving people in real life, but I have no problem doing it in a game where that is the idea.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
January 19th, 2024, 4:06 pm
A game show where people cooperate with each other? Where would be the fun in that?
Given the state that the world is in right now, it would make me very happy to see a show where people are happy and help each other and live together in harmony. That's the idyllic life I'm trying to build out here in Vietnam right now. There's so many dark memories in my past that I just want to live the rest of my life smiling with others and helping others now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.

Return to “Movies, TV, Music, Celebrities, Entertainment”