Musical groups with place names

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Musical groups with place names

Post by Lucas88 »

Today, while walking home from the supermarket and deep in my own thoughts, I wondered how many musical groups with place names I could enumerate.

By musical groups with place names, I mean groups with a place name as its exact artistic name (e.g., Asia), not simply with a place name included therein. "Miami Sound Machine", for example, wouldn't count.

Place names in other languages are allowed.

Ancient place names are allowed. Place names of mythical or historically unconfirmed cities or nations are not (e.g., Atlantis, Medina Azahara, etc.)

All place names must be limited to Earth.

Here is what I came up with off the top of my head:

Asia

English rock group from the 80s. Strong action hero vibe (@WilliamSmith would love them). I know the group from the song "Only Time Will Tell" in Metal Gear Solid 5.

Europe

Swedish rock group, also from the 80s, who sang "The Final Countdown". But the following Europe song is far better ( 8) ):

America

Pop rock group active since the 70s who sung the following:

Texas

My momma used to listen to Texas but I always thought they were a bit crappy. :?

Kansas

Rock group from Topeka, Kansas. Sang the baddass and legendary track "Carry On Wayward Son".

Boston

Rock group formed in Boston (Lol!) who sang "More Than a Feeling". But the following track, which features in Cobra Kai during Johnny's childhood flashback, is a better song:

Chicago

I remember this song from a commercial in the 2000s and then looked for the song on Napster:

Berlin

One hit wonder from the 80s.

Nazareth

Another popular group from the 80s. I checked and Nazareth is a real place, not just a biblical allegory. Lol!

Chilliwack

Canadian rock group from Chilliwack, British Columbia. I've had them in my 80s playlist for a while now.

California

An Italo-Disco group who aren't actually from California. Lol! I only know this song sung in Italian.

Saratoga

Spanish heavy metal group from Madrid. Saratoga is a city in California.

Birmânia

Chilean group. Birmania means Burma in Spanish. Burma is a real country just so ya know.

What musical groups with place names can you add?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Musical groups with place names

Post by gsjackson »

Alabama. The Oak Ridge Boys. Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes. If streets qualify -- Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Dion and the Belmonts.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Re: Musical groups with place names

Post by Lucas88 »

gsjackson wrote:
February 17th, 2024, 9:03 am
Alabama. The Oak Ridge Boys. Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes. If streets qualify -- Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Dion and the Belmonts.
Alabama sounded familiar but I wasn't sure if they were a real band or a figment of my imagination so I didn't include them in my post.

If street names qualify, I'll add Nevskij Prospekt (невский проспект), a USSR synth disco group from the 90s: