James Bond vs John Wick

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.

Who would win in a fight between James Bond and John Wick

James Bond
50%
John Wick
50%

Total votes: 2
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

James Bond vs John Wick

Post by Pixel--Dude »

My girlfriend is visiting her family this week and she said her mother and brother have this recurring debate about who would win in a fight between James Bond and John Wick. Let's settle this once and for all by majority rules. Who would win and why?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: James Bond vs John Wick

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

James Bond.

Because there are multiple variation of James Bond: Rodger Moore, Sean Connery, Pierce Bronsman, Daniel Craig :lol:
Each James Bond is a secret agent of Her Majesty's MI6, trained in hand to hand combat, espionage, driving many different vehicles, and good marksman with all different kinds of weaponry, many other survival skills, great tactican and equipped with various of useful gadgets provided by the MI6. :lol:

John Wick is just a washed out hitman not affiliated with MI6. :lol:

James Bond can just take out John wick with his 007 gun, or Golden gun. One shot, one kill.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
March 6th, 2024, 7:50 am
James Bond.

Because there are multiple variation of James Bond: Rodger Moore, Sean Connery, Pierce Bronsman, Daniel Craig :lol:
Each James Bond is a secret agent of Her Majesty's MI6, trained in hand to hand combat, espionage, driving many different vehicles, and good marksman with all different kinds of weaponry, many other survival skills, great tactican and equipped with various of useful gadgets provided by the MI6. :lol:

John Wick is just a washed out hitman not affiliated with MI6. :lol:

James Bond can just take out John wick with his 007 gun, or Golden gun. One shot, one kill.
Hahaha. Good observations. Most people I've asked in my social circles said John Wick would win, including @Tsar.

@Winston seems to think it would be a draw.

Here's what my friend said when I asked him the question:
Depends which bond. Ye olde James bond was a commander in the royal navy and they didn't really specify his combat skills (though he's got 00 status which means licence to kill, so I spose even then he'd have to be pretty tasty or they wouldn't make him a government assassin lol), Daniel Craig Bond, they specifically specified he came to MI6 from SBS (the navy version of SAS, fuckers fight sharks for fun) in that case John Wick's got no f***ing chance lol.

Yea I mean it depends which bond though like I said. An SAS captain could wipe the f***ing floor with pretty much anyone. That's not factoring in the whole gadgets thing either. Like "Oh you've got a pencil? That's cute. I've got an Aston Martin that turns into optimus prime" lol

Battle of Mirbat. 9 SAS guys took on like 400 enemy soldiers and won. Bravo two zero is famous for that unit getting captured, but it's much less known guy Chris Ryan who got a way basically walked home from f***ing iraq lol. He walked 200 miles from where they got ambushed in the desert, all the way into Syria. He got radiation poisoning from having to drink water contaminated with nuclear waste.

Any one of those mother fuckers would take John wicks pencil and shove it so far up his arse they could pick his teeth for him lol.

You know I'm not one of those daily mail reading "are army is du best army" cretins, but on any objective metric an SAS (or SBS in bonds case) soldier could fight a hundred John wicks lol.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
March 6th, 2024, 5:56 am
My girlfriend is visiting her family this week and she said her mother and brother have this recurring debate about who would win in a fight between James Bond and John Wick. Let's settle this once and for all by majority rules. Who would win and why?
Talking about fictional characters, especially long-lived ones like JB and JW, is complicated, because we will never know how the character may evolve in the future. :)

I am a big fan of John Wick. I love not just the action, but also the characterization of the man as a deeply tormented soul, who has learned to cope with his brutal past, empty present and uncertain future. In most instalments of the franchise, JB is depicted as a skilled, focused but ultimately self-centered man who would rather be sipping shots on a tropical beach, than performing a mission on behalf of the Crown.

JW has a dark, karmic quality to his life: he knows he has been forged to be the perfect assassin and, bar the small time bracket of happiness with his wife, he does just that not only to survive, but to jutify his very existence. Across the multiple chapters, we see both his friends and enemies constantly reminding him that he doesn't only kill to live, he lives to kill. There is no escape from his condition.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

publicduende wrote:
March 6th, 2024, 5:22 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:
March 6th, 2024, 5:56 am
Talking about fictional characters, especially long-lived ones like JB and JW, is complicated, because we will never know how the character may evolve in the future. :)

I am a big fan of John Wick. I love not just the action, but also the characterization of the man as a deeply tormented soul, who has learned to cope with his brutal past, empty present and uncertain future. In most instalments of the franchise, JB is depicted as a skilled, focused but ultimately self-centered man who would rather be sipping shots on a tropical beach, than performing a mission on behalf of the Crown.

JW has a dark, karmic quality to his life: he knows he has been forged to be the perfect assassin and, bar the small time bracket of happiness with his wife, he does just that not only to survive, but to jutify his very existence. Across the multiple chapters, we see both his friends and enemies constantly reminding him that he doesn't only kill to live, he lives to kill. There is no escape from his condition.
Sipping shots on a tropical beach and hanging out with bond girls are one of the perks of being a MI6 agent. 8)
Many men, some even here in this website, dream of that lifestyle. Marcos Z is living the dream in fact.

Who wants to be a smelly, washed out, depressed, mentally tormented assassin anyway with no hot babes? :(
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Both have virtually indestructible plot armor. Who would win if we remove the plot armor?

I haven't seen John Wick 4, but as I recall, by the end of the third movie, he'd gone through three days of beatings and various injuries, but is still able to beat martial arts masters.

If you remove the plot armor, then does Wick just die from those injuries? Or are we going to set this battle with James Bond a few months down the line after Wick has recovered.

Assuming Wick recovers and there is no plot armor protecting these men's lives, Wick would likely quickly end James Bond with a bit of Kung Fu and 6 gun shots to the chest. This would be 90% certain, but 99.9% certain if Bond killed Wick's puppy first.