Ending of 2001: A Space Odyssey - What does it mean?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Ending of 2001: A Space Odyssey - What does it mean?

Post by Winston »

Any idea of what the ending means? There are many interpretations. What about the monolith?

I heard Stanley Kubrick was an Illuminati insider, and that's why he knew about their Satanic rituals when he made the film "Eyes Wide Shut". If so, maybe he was trying to tell us something. I heard that Warner Brothers refused to release the director's version of Eyes Wide Shut because it contained 15 minutes of footage that Kubrick was not supposed to show, revealing things about the Illuminati elite that they don't want to be in the film.

Check out this deep comment that Kubrick told Playboy magazine about Gods and extraterrestrial intelligence, and how they aren't as different as you might think. It's very thought provoking and puts us in our place.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062622/faq#.2.1.1

KUBRICK: I will say that the god concept is at the heart of 2001, but not any traditional, anthropomorphic image of god. I don't believe in any of Earth's monotheistic religions, but I do believe that one can construct an intriguing scientific definition of god. [Extraterrestrials] may have progressed from biological species, which are fragile shells for the mind at best, into immortal machine entities and then, over innumerable eons, they could emerge from the chrysalis of matter transformed into beings of pure energy and spirit. Their potentialities would be limitless and their intelligence ungraspable by humans. These beings would be gods to the billions of less advanced races in the universe, just as man would appear a god to an ant. They would be incomprehensible to us except as gods; and if the tendrils of their consciousness ever brushed men's minds, it is only the hand of god we could grasp as an explanation. Mere speculation on the possibility of their existence is sufficiently overwhelming, without trying to decipher their motives. The important point is that all the standard attributes assigned to god in our history could equally well be the characteristics of biological entities who, billions of years ago, were at a stage of development similar to man's own and evolved into something as remote from man as man is remote from the primordial ooze from which he first emerged. (Agel, The Making of Kubrick's 2001, 1970, excerpted from the Playboy interview, pp. 330-32)

If you want to see the whole film by the way, here is part 1:

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

The point of 2001 is that there is no point and that it is one of the few times in mainstream cinema where the general public saw a movie that had an open-ended 'conclusion' that did not tie up loose ends or explain what happened.

Think of it what you will.

Of course God is just someone who can do things that you can't understand.

Humans now, have the ability to alter the course of a planet. We have the tech today, to intercept an asteroid, nudge its orbit and cause it to impact a planet if we chose to do so. No different than an asteroid killing all the dinosaurs.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

2001, a Space Odyssey was one of the few movies made in Cinerama. Shortly after the movie came out, I attended a lecture by Arthur C. Clarke, the man who wrote the book. People in the audience asked him what the ending meant, but he was evasive and wouldn’t explain it. Someone asked him why he didn’t title the book 2000 instead of 2001, and he said it was because the century really didn’t begin until 2001. After reading the book, it seems clear to me – an extraterrestrial civilization gave man intelligence through the first monolith presented to the apes, and then the big monolith came to transition man to the next step of evolution – the star child. The monolith uncovered by the astronauts on the moon was as alarm device - when man was sufficiently advanced to discover the moon monolith, it gave off a signal that triggered the big monolith into action.
Last edited by MrPeabody on September 19th, 2010, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I heard that Kubrick and Clarke were Freemasons and had inside knowledge. I'm watching the movie now and they keep showing the sun rising over the monolith, which is part of the sun cult of the Masons.

During the hyperspace jump, they also keep showing his eye like the Eye of Horus. And HAL looked like that too.

About the alien thing, it's a common theme in sci fi movies. Maybe Kubrick and Clarke knew some truth about it that they weren't allowed to discuss openly. That's why they told people to think about the meaning of the film and that you won't get it on the first viewing.

Check out this video that points out the Illuminati symbols in it:

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

What point is there to placing Illuminati symbols anywhere?

It is contradictory (as if CT were not always so) to want to hide and at the same time enlist the assistance of a director to place these alleged symbols in the 2nd most famous Sci-Fi movie of the 20th Century.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

On the subject of the Masons, I know nothing except this: Both of my grandfathers got their 50-year pins in the organization, and they were about the least likely conspiracists or members of a cognoscenti that I can imagine. Don't know what they did in that society, but I suspect it wasn't controlling the world.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

It should also be mentioned that Arthur C. Clarke is considered to be a co-inventor of the communications satellite along with Dr. John Pierce.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is a scene from the end of "2001: A Space Odyssey" in which you can see the Illuminati pyramid:

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gsjackson wrote:On the subject of the Masons, I know nothing except this: Both of my grandfathers got their 50-year pins in the organization, and they were about the least likely conspiracists or members of a cognoscenti that I can imagine. Don't know what they did in that society, but I suspect it wasn't controlling the world.
Of course not. Just like the people in the post office and at the local DMV don't know anything about the secret societies either.

Your grandfather is at the bottom of the pyramid in the Masons. You gotta ascend higher to know more. With each level you go up, the more you know what it's all about. The people at the bottom don't know anything.

This is conspiracy 101. Didn't you know this? It works the same in any institution.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

globetrotter wrote:What point is there to placing Illuminati symbols anywhere?

It is contradictory (as if CT were not always so) to want to hide and at the same time enlist the assistance of a director to place these alleged symbols in the 2nd most famous Sci-Fi movie of the 20th Century.
Good question. Probably to implant the image in your subconscious mind. A lot of their control is subconscious. And also because they are megalomaniacs who like to flaunt their power and get a morbid satisfaction from it.

There could also be other reasons beyond your logic and comprehension.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Ending of 2001: A Space Odyssey - What does it mean?

Post by Winston »

Really good video analyzing the reasons why HAL 9000 malfunctioned and decided to kill the crew members and how its need for perfection led to its downfall. Great analysis.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Ending of 2001: A Space Odyssey - What does it mean?

Post by Winston »

I wonder if HAL represents the AI that runs our matrix and mindfucks us and tests us. If so it would explain a lot. I do get the sense that an AI is running things in this matrix or simulation and the elite let us know through fiction, which in this case is an initiation into the mystery schools for those who are aware to the mystery religions. Michael Joseph talks about this and i think hes onto something.