Why do women often say that looks don't matter?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Winston
Site Admin

Why do women often say that looks don't matter?

Post by Winston »

Why do so many women always claim that looks don't matter to them? Yet they contradict themselves in that their actions do not support that, because they usually pick good looking guys. They do care about looks of course. Isn't it stupid that they would say that?

Even a lot of foreign women claim that looks don't matter to them too. Is this a female thing to say that? Why do they say that when they know it's not true? Why can't they be honest?

Everyone is strongly affected by looks. Even if they genuinely believe that looks don't matter, they will still be strongly influenced or affected by them. So it's stupid to deny it.

How come a lot of women claim that they've had ugly ex-boyfriends with sweet caring hearts, yet they never have any photos of them. Is that really true or did they just make that up? Any of you ever heard that one too?
Last edited by Winston on December 19th, 2012, 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

you could also ask why the men married to fatties if looks matter and they will probably deny it. it´s rationalization. for ons etc. only looks might be important for women but as you know women are not that crazy about sex. so other things come in to play. puahate says it´s lms - looks, money, status....

look for example i like the singer thalia. she was often elected as one of the most beatiful people in spanish magazines. but whom did she marry? an ex sony manager who is quite older and not so good looking. before he was married to marriah carry. so this is not so uncommon.

also average men are easier to be controlled by women. for example my ex used to say that the average guys are greater hearbreakers as she didn´t expect it. she never went for the hot guys....except me, maybe :)
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

Can you blame a woman for preferring an attractive man? Men want good looking women so what's the problem?
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
ClearView
Freshman Poster

Post by ClearView »

The problem is that some men believe women when they say that looks don't matter. Some women are honest and will admit that looks matter but many women like to appear "above all that" so that is why they say that looks don't matter.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

They just say that so as to not appear shallow...but really they are!
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

I think they are also trying to say they need other things from men...like strength, security, commitment...so looks don't matter really means that there are other considerations...but all things being equal, of course looks matter! After all they want to show off their catch to other girls! - which really does matter :)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ILoveBlackAmericanWomen wrote:Can you blame a woman for preferring an attractive man? Men want good looking women so what's the problem?
The problem is that they often lie about it. Why do they lie? Why can't they just be honest?

Men don't usually say that looks don't matter. It's women that usually say that. They are the ones trying to sound politically correct. Why is that? Why do they have a need to sound politically correct, whereas men don't?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

I guess this is some residual sense of value left over from the past century.
100 years ago a lot of women would marry men based on wealth. Looks didn't matter when you had arranged marriages, when the woman's parents would dictate who she will end up with. A confortable life was more important than "showing their catch to their friends" (and frankly that's how things should be). That's pretty much what maturity is about, being able to think long term and make trade-offs.

These things still happen today in places like India but since feminism slowly creeped it's claws into Western society, women no longer have any values or maturity. Many still think they're living a "teenage dream" in their 30s and since starting a family and raising children is no longer a priority, looks has become the deciding factor in relationships.

What I find disgusting though is that many women have unrealistic expectations. In Canada I see tall, fit guys with fat, plain ugly women. These guys would make a killing oversees.
Women expect men to lower their standards because it's OK to be fat, it's OK to dress like a f***ing tramp, every girl is a princess.

Plus, I think men should aim out of their league. Think about it, a woman loses her beauty as she ages. An 18 years old 10 in the looks department will be a 7 at 30.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Why do women like saying that looks don't matter?

Post by Teal Lantern »

Winston wrote:Why do so many women always claim that looks don't matter to them? Yet they contradict themselves in that their actions do not support that, because they usually pick good looking guys. They do care about looks of course. Isn't it stupid that they would say that?

Even a lot of foreign women claim that looks don't matter to them too. Is this a female thing to say that? Why do they say that when they know it's not true? Why can't they be honest?

Everyone is strongly affected by looks. Even if they genuinely believe that looks don't matter, they will still be strongly influenced or affected by them. So it's stupid to deny it.

How come a lot of women claim that they've had ugly ex-boyfriends with sweet caring hearts, yet they never have any photos of them. Is that really true or did they just make that up? Any of you ever heard that one too?
Posting the same questions over and over, hoping to get a different set of answers? :roll:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

The women who say looks don't matter if they lie maybe they don't want to hurt a unattractive man's feelings I don't know. But I usually hear women say looks matter however, women want more than just looks. But of course looks matter. What woman wants a ugly man? Just like what man wants a ugly woman?
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

Winston wrote:
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen wrote:Can you blame a woman for preferring an attractive man? Men want good looking women so what's the problem?
The problem is that they often lie about it. Why do they lie? Why can't they just be honest?

Men don't usually say that looks don't matter. It's women that usually say that. They are the ones trying to sound politically correct. Why is that? Why do they have a need to sound politically correct, whereas men don't?
No, they don't. At least not the ones who are younger (18-25). Most women in this age group have no qualms about saying that they want a "hot" guy, and if you are not so-and-so tall or have so-and-so build, they won't even give you the time of day.

Ever been on Plenty of Fish???
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

Honestly, the answer to Winston's questions are quite simple, though. They have been repeated time and time again on these forums.

It's really a combination of biological hardwiring and Western cultural reinforcements. In fact, the biological determinism side of things has always been there, across time, and across cultures. Women have ALWAYS been attracted to the Alpha Male, the most fit, the most able to provide for her and her potential offspring.. It doesn't matter if it is in modern day America, or 4th Millennium BC Mesopotamia. Human nature is human nature everywhere.

However, due to various cultural factors that have been in play since around the late 80's (Misandry, p***y worshipping, media bias towards women, etc) these have caused women and their primal instincts to be allowed to go unchecked in society, which has been causing a lot of the problems we here at HA are seeing. The reason these thoughts and feelings have not been so visible in the past is because society had a strong system of controls, that kept most people happy and willing to contribute.

The traditional gender roles and divisions, as well as the valuing of monogamous relationships, were of great benefit to the "beta" males of past societies. By having a ratio of approximately one male for every female, most men could expect to find a mate and be able to reproduce and pass on his genes during his lifetime, even if he wasn't the most popular, or "alpha" of the group. The social systems ensured that all men were relatively happy and stable, and that they had incentive to keep working to contribute to society. I wonder what will happen now that hypergamy is celebrated, and monogamy is becoming more and more frowned upon. Will this ensure that the "betas" keep working and contributing? Or will they grow some balls and give the collective finger to the society that has shunned them? I wonder what would happen if the betas rebelled?

Can a society even survive without betas?
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Women dont like hurting peoples feeling,

Same reason why they give away fake numbers to guys, she feels bad telling guy 'no'

When it comes to flings, one night stands, looks it what matters the most..short, fat dont cut it..even asian hookers prefers hot guy, some hookers reject ugly guys..happened to my friend in Oz..

they lie a lot, sad part is they lie when they dont need to lie,

women use 'he is not my type' a lot, when women sees a guy for the first time and she usess thas fkd up phrase
what she means is 'you are not hot enough, i can do better'....
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

I find there is a difference with women online and women off-line.

On sites like POF, many women have no reservations about telling the brutally honest truth about whom they don't find attractive. They will actually come out and say the truth about what they think of you. The fact that they are hiding behind computer screens when they are rejecting you helps with their courage in this area.

Women who are rejecting you in person tend to give the "looks don't matter, you're not my type," song and dance. They are afraid to tell the truth to a man's face.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why do women like saying that looks don't matter?

Post by Winston »

Teal Lantern wrote: Posting the same questions over and over, hoping to get a different set of answers? :roll:
I know I posted those questions before, but I thought that this topic was important enough to start a thread for.