A Woman Who Will Take Care of Your Aging Parents

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

A Woman Who Will Take Care of Your Aging Parents

Post by MrMan »

My uncle is in poor health. He's a couple of years older than my mom. So my mom started talking about how she didn't want to have certain treatments, and to just let her die if certain things happened. I said I didn't want to pull the plug on my momma. She also expressed concern about needing care when she was older. I tried to reassure her.

My wife heard this. She told my mother not to worry about when she gets old. She said she'd take care of her. She said she's Indonesian, and Indonesians take care of parents as they get older. My mom seemed appreciative to hear that.

That sort of thing is something to think about when you get married. We did help my wife's dad financially, and still send money to her mom. I want to help her parents out.

If you get a woman with traditional values from a country where women care for aging parents and in-laws, that can be a really helpful thing as your parents grow older.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: A Woman Who Will Take Care of Your Aging Parents

Post by Yohan »

Similar situation in our family, all our elderly family members died in their homes, not in elderly care facilities. This was not always so easy for us to take care of all of them, for my Japanese wife it was a difficult full time job over some years.

Now all elderly family members are dead, and the next ones might be I myself, my wife, her brother and his wife. We are all in the 70s now.

In our case, our younger daughter is living near our home and often comes for a visit and we visit her sometimes too.

We are now retired, financially secure, health and elderly care insurances for life, living in a condominium unit with elevator and bus-stop near to the building, there are also services for elderly available, rental of special beds if required etc. from a hospital very closed to our home.

Not really worried about our final departure from this world.

-----

Unfortunately also in Japan, some elderly people die and nobody is missing them, even over an extended period of time.
They do not have enough money or are unwilling to transfer to an elderly care home and have otherwise no younger family members...
MarcosZeitola

Post by MarcosZeitola »

One of the main reasons I have decided to have a lot of children early in life is in order to ensure enough children and grandchildren being around to care for me once I am old. You can get estranged from one or two of your kids, but if you have 10+ you have to be a monumental f**k-up not to have at least ONE of them in your life your old is failing you.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
August 3rd, 2023, 11:23 pm
One of the main reasons I have decided to have a lot of children early in life is in order to ensure enough children and grandchildren being around to care for me once I am old. You can get estranged from one or two of your kids, but if you have 10+ you have to be a monumental f**k-up not to have at least ONE of them in your life your old is failing you.
I think of making a lot of kids. They are going to be my slave workers and my personal army. Life is hard so one has to be prepard. If kids wants to come to this world? I don't care. I am the man.

Joking - Or am I?
MarcosZeitola

Post by MarcosZeitola »

galii wrote:
August 4th, 2023, 12:00 am
MarcosZeitola wrote:
I think of making a lot of kids. They are going to be my slave workers and my personal army. Life is hard so one has to be prepard. If kids wants to come to this world? I don't care. I am the man.

Joking - Or am I?
Seems about right. :lol:
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
August 4th, 2023, 12:13 am
galii wrote:
August 4th, 2023, 12:00 am
MarcosZeitola wrote:

Joking - Or am I?
Seems about right. :lol:
I did want to delete my post because it is too trolly and spicy. I am to late.
MarcosZeitola

Post by MarcosZeitola »

galii wrote:
August 4th, 2023, 12:49 am
I can take it. I open myself up for a bit of good-natured trolling by making comments like this in the first place. My lifestyle choices are jarring to some people. So I am used to such commentary. I don't mind it at all, buddy.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
August 4th, 2023, 1:23 am
galii wrote:
August 4th, 2023, 12:49 am
I can take it. I open myself up for a bit of good-natured trolling by making comments like this in the first place. My lifestyle choices are jarring to some people. So I am used to such commentary. I don't mind it at all, buddy.
I don't find it too crazy anyway. Though a lot of kids mean a lot of headache too. Sometimes they want to get their inheritance before you die. It is like why don't you die useless old man we want the goodies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvkuLe-s_po
welcome to the goodie room - less grossman