Who is Overseas Dating a Viable Option For?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Who is Overseas Dating a Viable Option For?

Post by MrMan »

I've seen that show, 90-Day-Fiancee, and it does seem like some regular American guys are able to date online, maybe if they have just traveled a bit, and end up with a foreign girl. Sometimes the girl is good-looking. Sometimes she thinks she is. From what I have seen of the show, some of the girls seem to have nice personalities, but some of them seem like they might be more obnoxious or selfish than the average American woman you meet on the street.

I know a man who married a Filipina within the past few years that he met online. It is possible. She seems like a sweet girl from what I can tell, and he did well for looks. He had a hard time dating in the US prior to this, maybe a decade of looking and things not working out. He had invested and built up his money, which eventually enabled him to be able to travel over there, get to know the girl, and marry her.

It seems like some of the men on the 90-Day show had traveled there before or did for the show.

So while it is possible, ideally, it might be best to actually travel abroad before locking down a woman for good. But who, in the developed countries that make it hard to get visas in the US, that can afford this?

1. Men who earn enough money to afford international trips, and have long enough contiguous vacation days to enable travel.
2. Men with degrees who get expat jobs who can go over there and date. Who is
that?
2a. English teachers.
2b. Mid or late career professionals whose companies send them out as expats.
2c. Early career professionals who can get a visa in an undeveloped country just
from having a college degree.
3. Men with skills in very specialized construction or technical niches.
4. Men in the military.

What else can we ad to the list? If a man has a low-paying retail job, getting overseas to find a woman there can be difficult.

What are some other methods for getting overseas to select an overseas wife? Is dating online and scraping up cash to get her over here on a K-1 too risky of a method?
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Who is Overseas Dating a Viable Option For?

Post by fschmidt »

The 2 main options I see are:

1. Remote workers, working online, can live anywhere.
2. Americans can move to San Diego and date in Tijuana.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

You either need

a) money
b) the skillset to make a permanent move abroad

Both take a reasonable amount of time to achieve but obviously, if you develop the skillset to move abroad you will get better choices of women who you can meet organically and in more natural circumstances - the most beautiful women who liked me here in China weren't interested in foreigners - they liked me - I could never have met them on some dating site catering for foreigners because they would have never been on there.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

yick wrote:
November 18th, 2023, 5:08 pm
You either need
a) money

b) the skillset to make a permanent move abroad

Both take a reasonable amount of time to achieve but obviously, if you develop the skillset to move abroad you will get better choices of women who you can meet organically and in more natural circumstances - the most beautiful women who liked me here in China weren't interested in foreigners - they liked me - I could never have met them on some dating site catering for foreigners because they would have never been on there.
If you have really BIG money, it is a), you can live everywhere and do everything you want....But most people do not qualify for a)

Your comment sounds very correct to me, for me it was b) an it was not so easy.

Reasonable amount of time? It is true, I was never jobless abroad, but to find a really good long-term employment covering visa issues, working permits, pension rights, long vacation etc. was not so easy, it took me about 10 years... I had to change my job several times abroad to achieve a really good living standard, especially also to be financially secure after retirement.

About women and long-term relationship, you do not need dating sites, if you are living permanently abroad already. As you correctly say most of these women are not on dating sites anyway. Either you find somebody by yourself somehow or by introduction etc.
-----
Using dating sites for what? They are not necessary if you are already living abroad. However they might be useful to meet other people living in this world far away from your place you would never meet otherwise...
Social media might also be useful in Western countries for the first contact as the dating scene is totally broken and everybody is mistrusting everybody.
It is not easy to approach women face to face anymore in the Western world for a private conversation - where could you really try?