Man's the Boss Culture

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Man's the Boss Culture

Post by MrMan »

Nigerian men will talk about how the man is the boss in marriage, the head of the home, not in hushed tones, but right in front of the women. Women will say such things also. That's a good thing about their culture. The women know their place and accept it as part of their culture, and so do the women.

But I think of a Nigerian friend from my younger days who was part of the group my wife and I hung out with when we were dating. She was kind of sassy or spunky, who spoke her mind. She was educated in the UK, partly, which could have been part of the reason for it. An American southern friend of mine liked the sass, I think. He said something to a couple of us guys he thought she was sexy, but if he brought her home, his white southern parents wouldn't have liked it.

My wife's culture is somewhat patriarchal. They talk constantly to the children about the need to honor parents, but I don't hear them say the same things to wives constantly about submitting to their husbands or obeying their husbands. My wife believes in that, but it isn't drilled in to the same degree. I think it would be good if they did drill the idea into the women's minds. Still, there can be fiery women in her people-group, spunky, maybe not so much sassy, though I suspect they might exist without my having seen it. I think the male-dominated culture tames the behavior of such women to some extent.

This culture in the US where the women get upset and disagree if they are told that the men are to be in charge is toxic, toxic for relationships especially, and probably one of the causes of there being as many divorces as there are.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: Man's the Boss Culture

Post by kangarunner »

MrMan wrote:
January 26th, 2024, 10:24 pm
Nigerian men will talk about how the man is the boss in marriage
Nigeria.....LOL HAHAHAHAHA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.