Historical Eras or Cultures That You Resonate With.

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Historical Eras or Cultures That You Resonate With.

Post by Pixel--Dude »

I am a proponent of reincarnation after death. I've believed for a long time now that the soul is infinite and that consciousness cannot die. Only the physical body dies when it has expired in this finite realm of physical matter. As a proponent of this theory, I often like to entertain the idea of past life incarnations based on which cultures resonate with me the most throughput history. Perhaps I had previous life experiences in these cultures, or perhaps it's just my personal biases which make me feel some kind of familiarity or longing when it comes to this history.

So I'll share some of the cultures I resonate with the most and encourage others here to do the same. This discussion doesn't necessarily have to be spiritual or connected with reincarnation by the way, so for those who don't subscribe to the idea of reincarnation I still encourage you to join in and engage in a discussion about our favourite historical eras or cultures.

I've had many conversations about this kind of thing with @Lucas88. Which of the following do you resonate well with Lucas? And are there any you would add?

@kukushka you said you've studied gnosticism and claim to be of a spiritual disposition, but I doubt you believe in reincarnation. In any case, I'm interested in your opinion on this topic and whether there's any cultures in particular you resonate with.

What about you @69ixine?

Here are some of the cultures I where I feel I could've had a past life:

Ancient Egypt

First and foremost, I've always had a fascination with ancient Egypt. I believe the ancient Egyptians had a comprehensive idea about spirituality and the nature of reality. This culture is the foundation for Hermetic philosophy, which really resonates with me. This is derived from the Emerald Tablets written by Hermes Trismegistus.

I had a dream years ago where I was a student of a god in ancient Egypt and I witnessed the pyramids being built with fascinating technology which just levitated the massive blocks into place. Just a dream, but I've entertained the idea of this actually being a past life memory.

I think if I was alive during this period that Isis would've been my patron goddess.

I feel a strong connection to this goddess and I've had several psychedelic experiences where I've interacted with her and also dreams with auspicious interpretations.

As well as feeling a strong spiritual or esoteric connection I also have great admiration for their architecture, which is aesthetically pleasing.

Edo Japan

Possibly earlier than this, but this was a time in Japan which enjoyed art and culture (Two things lacking in modern day Britain) and of course the Samurai warrior.

I feel a resonance with the Samurai Warriors of that period. They were bound by the Bushido Code (The Way of the Warrior) of honor and ethics. These ethics included things like self discipline and respectful behaviour. Aside from this their armour was really artistic and badass.

I recently went to a museum which had some cool Samurai armour and weapons on display. I definitely think I was a Samurai in a past life, but aside from the cool Samurai Warriors I've always been really attracted to the aesthetic of traditional Japanese architecture. Check out this castle.

And this:

1950s/1960s America

I don't know why. But I really "vibe" with this period of American history. Even though it was all about the bullshit of "The American Dream" and all the rest of it, there's something about this period in time which really resonates with me. The cabaret and swinging dance and stuff like that probably.

I've spoken with @gsjackson and some others vaguely about this period in the past. I don't know if you remember.

I think people back then dressed a lot better and relationships between men and women were probably a lot healthier, even though I wouldn't really consider myself a traditionalist type of person like @Outcast9428 or possibly @MarcosZeitola.

This game has such a great playlist featuring music from the 50s to early 60s. I really think the old classics from back then were awesome to listen to.

And then there is the style back then. Enjoy these pin up girls:

So that's it for now. What about some others here?
@publicduende @MarcosZeitola any thoughts?

What about you @Winston? Didn't you say you feel like you had a past life as a British gentleman?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Re: Historical Eras or Cultures That You Resonate With.

Post by Lucas88 »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
June 6th, 2023, 5:39 am
Which of the following do you resonate well with Lucas? And are there any you would add?
I too am a proponent of reincarnation and believe that past lives can influence which cultures we resonate with in this life. Past lives in a certain geographical region and culture can create in us an affinity to it. Those past lives with a preponderance of good experiences can especially give rise to a lasting fondness and fascination for a particular place. Conversely, those full of negative experiences can lead to a feeling of aversion and antipathy. This is what I believe with regard to reincarnation and our cultural preferences.

Curiously, according to the research into past-life memories in children done by the likes of Ian Stevenson and Jim Tucker, those children who claimed to remember a recent past life in another country often felt a fondness for that country's fashions and customs.

As for the cultures which I personally resonate with, the following are the ones to which I've always felt a mysterious magnetic attraction:

The Latin Mediterranean world

I've always felt an overwhelmingly powerful connection to Southern Europe, especially Renaissance Italy and the Spanish Empire. I suspect that I've had multiple past lives in those parts of the world and even hypothesize that this may be the reason why in this current incarnation I am crazily in love with Romance culture and strongly prefer speaking Romance languages while at the same time feeling completely out of place in my Anglo culture of birth and feeling aversion towards my native language. I am convinced that I'm a Latin soul and that this time I've incarnated into a country that is absolutely alien to my deeper spiritual nature. This is why I suffer from identity issues and am so psychologically unbalanced. I simply long for the beautiful Mediterranean civilization which I experienced in other incarnations and feel suffocated by the Anglo culture into which I was born.

Renaissance Italy absolutely fascinates me. I'm greatly attracted to its sublime artistic beauty, classical learning and humanist conception of man. I believe that I was probably a learned man in some Italian city state during that period and possibly an occultist too in light of the resurgence of Pagan philosophies such as Hermeticism and Neo-Platonism. This would explain my love for philosophy, art and the occult as well as my extreme sensitivity to spiritual practice (hence why I was able to awaken my Kundalini in just four days).

The Hispanic world is my supreme love. I love both the Iberian peninsula and much of Latin America. When I left the UK and moved to Spain (and then Peru and Mexico) that culture felt much more natural to me and truly felt at home for the first time ever. In fact, I'm unable to function socially in the UK and hate everything about the place but Spain and Latin America are totally different and I find their energy and overall vibe much more compatible with my own. I think that I probably had at least one past life in the Spanish Empire and, now that I've reincarnated into the belly of the beast of the main rival empire, I'm completely soul-shocked and full of self-hatred.

Ancient Egypt

I too have always found myself drawn to Ancient Egypt's beauty, magnificence, vibrant energy and deities such as Ptah and Isis. I don't know whether I was a high priest or just a humble peasant in the land of Kumat, but the place seems eerily familiar to me.

Ancient India

I have a fascination for Sanskrit and naturally gravitate towards Eastern wisdom pertaining to Kundalini, prana, chakras and such and so I suspect that I've had at least one past life in India.

Outside of these, I don't really have a particular fondness for any other cultures. In fact, I'd even say that I dislike most cultures today and only truly love Latin ones. Unfortunately, most of the magnificent civilizations of the past - Egypt being a prime example - have been overrun by hostile peoples and turned into dysfunctional shitholes. This brings me great sadness. :(
kukushka
Freshman Poster

Post by kukushka »

@Pixel--Dude
of course I believe in reincarnation, it was something the original gnostics believed in. why do you think I wouldnt believe it? just curious

I resonate with japan, mexico, china. hmmm...my interest in different cultures waxes and wanes over time. I think ive always liked mexico though, for some reason
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

@Pixel--Dude

1) 1980'S Japan in their economic bubble period
Period where optimism and economic success happens in Japan. Everyone feared that Japan would overtake America as # 1 economic power.
Everybody has money, plenty of kickass anime, video games and cool gadgets coming out in the 80's. Plus, life time employment guaranteed
and you can get by with only husband as bread winner and wife at home.

2) 1950's America
Most prosperous period in American history where one breadwinner, a husband, can afford to raise 2 children, buy a house, buy a car, send his kids to college, go on vacations, etc. Women usually know their place and are good housewives. All the Jewish degeneracy were frowned upon, being a whore is frowned upon, divorce is frowned upon and homosexuals would be lynched upon. The best time in American history.

3) Tang Dynasty China
One of the prosperous period in Chinese history. Where all the cultural renaissance happened. Lot of interesting culture, arts, and rituals, and people were happy for at least two-three centuries.

4) Han Dynasty China
Same as Tang Dynasty China except, the Han dynasty managed to expand their empire. First contact with Rome.

5) Mongolian Conquest
I would like be a Mongolian horsemen that follow Genghis khan and pillage 2/3 of the world! :lol: The thrill of riding on your steed and taking out all kind of enemies with your trusty composite bow. Pillaging, capturing all kinds of women, drinking ale with my buddies, and being a badass marauder.

6) Renaissance Italy
I like the humanism and flow of enlightening ideas. I also like renaissance Italian architecture, arts and culture. I also like all the intrigues and Machiavellianism between the city states. Interesting era to live in.

7) Spanish conquest
I would like to take part as a conquistador and take the New World and become a viceroy in a New World. :lol: Similar to the Mongolian campaign except I get to subjugate all the Indians and keep all the gold by myself.

8) Ancient India
I like the Indian mysticism and Indian culture. I also like to be Kshatriya= warrior caste where I get to fight with all sort of cool weapons and have all the privileges, and eat curry and naan everyday.

9) Ancient Greece, Rome
Like them both in culture, architecture, military. Always fantasized about joining the Roman Legion. :D

10) British Empire at it's height
Would like to take part of conquering India and be a governor there and travel the world.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

kukushka wrote:
June 6th, 2023, 8:32 am
@Pixel--Dude
of course I believe in reincarnation, it was something the original gnostics believed in. why do you think I wouldnt believe it? just curious

I resonate with japan, mexico, china. hmmm...my interest in different cultures waxes and wanes over time. I think ive always liked mexico though, for some reason
In my other thread you suggested that individuals are simply Brahman incarnated to experience itself. Your position negates the true individual. I argued that souls are Atman, derived from Brahman but different. How does reincarnation work in your model? Do souls not just become part of the source again?

I've never felt any affiliation with Mexico, though China and Japan both resonate. Of course I'm talking about the ancient cultures of these two countries. The traditional architecture, the aesthetics of the buildings, armour and weapons fascinates me.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

@Lucas88
@Natural_Born_Cynic

Thanks for your contributions guys! I definitely resonate with some of the places you guys shared, particularly ancient India. The architecture of some of the Hindu temples are aesthetically pleasing and I feel a very strong connection to the Hindu god Shiva.

Aum Nama Shivaya.

This Hindu temple is absolutely gorgeous. I really love the aesthetics of it.

I also agree that Italy vibes quite well. I could definitely see myself feeling at home as some badass Roman warrior! :mrgreen:
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Pixel--Dude wrote:
June 8th, 2023, 8:33 am
@Lucas88
@Natural_Born_Cynic

Thanks for your contributions guys! I definitely resonate with some of the places you guys shared, particularly ancient India. The architecture of some of the Hindu temples are aesthetically pleasing and I feel a very strong connection to the Hindu god Shiva.

Aum Nama Shivaya.

This Hindu temple is absolutely gorgeous. I really love the aesthetics of it.

I also agree that Italy vibes quite well. I could definitely see myself feeling at home as some badass Roman warrior! :mrgreen:
No problem ! And your avatar is basically Krishna, so no wonder you resonate well with India. :lol:
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Japanese 80's Coca Cola Commercial. You'll see how happy and optimistic people look back then.. I wish I would experience that kind of era.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOVcuW0 ... 0%EC%A0%84
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

U.S. 1950s to early '60s. I was there.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

gsjackson wrote:
June 8th, 2023, 10:08 am
Lot of Americans say 1950's were the best. 1980's Japan was the best too. Lots of money going around, everybody vacationed in Hawaii, drove expensive German cars, lifetime employment, endless parties..
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
The best times are often the beginning of the end. You have all the benefits of the degeneracy with none of the horrible long term consequences.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

1950's and 1960's U.S was the good times to be a white guy. Now white guy is a cuck and everyone's favorite scapegoat in their own nation.
It's because of the Jewish infiltration of Western societies. American should've sided with Hitler to destroy the Jewish Bolshevik Soviet Union.
However, the allies fought in the wrong side of History. Now allied Western nations are led by bunch of feeble minded sissies and corrupt scumbags..
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
June 8th, 2023, 10:14 am
gsjackson wrote:
Lot of Americans say 1950's were the best. 1980's Japan was the best too. Lots of money going around, everybody vacationed in Hawaii, drove expensive German cars, lifetime employment, endless parties..
German cars? Why? I loved the two Honda Accords I had in the '80s. And I like my Toyota even more.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

gsjackson wrote:
June 8th, 2023, 11:18 am
Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
June 8th, 2023, 10:14 am
gsjackson wrote:
German cars? Why? I loved the two Honda Accords I had in the '80s. And I like my Toyota even more.
Well lots of Japanese people bought Mercedes, BMW, Porshe to show off their wealth in the 1980's. Because they have lot of money lying around to spend.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

At my heart I am a late medieval to 19th century Islamic conqueror. A great lord of a faraway exotic land, a harem of the finest, tightest, hand-picked virgins and my beck and call. Endless sons and daughters, to be married off to competing warlords and rulers, forging alliances. It is my great misfortune that I was born in a liberal Western country when at heart I'm Ibn al-Saud himself... great caravans as far as the eye can see stretched out behind me, my enemies running for their lives in front of me, sand and extreme heat cannot harm me for soon I'll wade again into that harem, picking whoever I want to pick, maybe two girls, maybe three if I'm feeling particularly strong...
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144