Former British ambassador calls UK a rogue state

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Former British ambassador calls UK a rogue state

Post by Cornfed »

Last edited by Cornfed on September 2nd, 2014, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Bobby
Freshman Poster

Post by Bobby »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03501.html

I did enjoy this article about Craig Murray which I read in 2008. It's worth reading. Highly entertaining. I understand Murray struck up a relationship in Uzbekistan with Nadira Alieva, a dancer and a woman 23 years his junior and left his wife. After leaving the Foreign Affairs Ministry, it appears that money was tight:

"...Murray says the couple still has a net worth of less than $30,000, half of which is an antique Bible he owns. Alieva says she is still surprised that Murray, an important ambassador in his Uzbekistan days, is now nearly broke.

"I really thought he had some savings as an ambassador," she says, turning to him with a sharp laugh that says she's only half-kidding: "I still can't understand. How could you have no savings?"

"I come from poverty, and I fight not to have this poverty again," she says. "A rich man is not important, but having enough money is important."

Oh dear.
Last edited by Bobby on September 1st, 2014, 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

A rouge state? I thought the conservatives were in power? Doesn't sound too red to me.

Kidding aside, the point is spot on. The UK has become the little snapping attack poodle of the U.S. The country's vast stores of accumulated intelligence go completely unused on any matters of public policy now.

Decision day is coming up soon, Corny, you old Scotsman. Speaking as a mostly Scot, I'd like to see the split.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Bobby wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03501.html

I did enjoy this article about Craig Murray which I read in 2008. It's worth reading. Highly entertaining. I understand Murray struck up a relationship in Uzbekistan with Nadira Alieva, a dancer and a woman 23 years his junior and left his wife. After leaving the Foreign Affairs Ministry, it appears that money was tight:

"...Murray says the couple still has a net worth of less than $30,000, half of which is an antique Bible he owns. Alieva says she is still surprised that Murray, an important ambassador in his Uzbekistan days, is now nearly broke.

"I really thought he had some savings as an ambassador," she says, turning to him with a sharp laugh that says she's only half-kidding: "I still can't understand. How could you have no savings?"

"I come from poverty, and I fight not to have this poverty again," she says. "A rich man is not important, but having enough money is important."

Oh dear.
Very interesting article. Thanks for passing it along. I believe it was hav2fly who recommended Uzbekistan as a place to look for agreeable women. That torture stuff -- and the $9,000 dowry -- would certainly give pause.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

It goes back centuries, that Navy Island was a conquers dream and history proves it.

Also people need to understand the purpose of a honest money system.
Last edited by Moretorque on September 1st, 2014, 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Time to Hide!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

gsjackson wrote:
Decision day is coming up soon, Corny, you old Scotsman. Speaking as a mostly Scot, I'd like to see the split.
Speaking for the Murrays and the Pattons on my Mom's side, I'd love to see it too.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 26th, 2020, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Ghost wrote:
Former British ambassador calls UK a rouge state
Do they also worship Satin? Hahaha. :)

Seriously, though, all the Anglo countries are rogue. Who else goes traipsing about the world toppling foreign governments? It's just they that are so intent on spreading their bullshit about. Got to keep that petrodollar (for the Americans anyway.) Though it isn't that others haven't done the same, but not so much and so forcefully.

England has certainly done its fair share as well, the brutality it committed over decades and centuries coming back to bite it in the a**. So afraid that the Brits allow Muslims into their country to rape little girls and raise not even a whimper in response.
We are a British colony nothing less, we use their financial system therefore we are the same as them politically. The US is the CITI's Pit Bull! England has been getting away with this century after century because of the herd who they dupe and control. It's the western peoples fault for being dumb sheep.
Time to Hide!
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

Please change the spelling of your post subject from "rouge" to "rogue". Rouge means red in french.
WindowLicker
Freshman Poster

Post by WindowLicker »

Will N. Dowd wrote:Please change the spelling of your post subject from "rouge" to "rogue". Rouge means red in french.
The pun, although unintended, is apt. Today's average Brit is a red.