Study shows 40% of Americans think marriage is obsolete

Discuss news and current events around the world.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Study shows 40% of Americans think marriage is obsolete

Post by jamesbond »

Here is an interesting article stating 40% of Americans think marriage is becoming obsolete.

"Once considered an imperative of sorts, traditional marriage is getting a second look—and research suggests that it may be coming up short. Instead of considering themselves to be happily married, some people are discovering that they're only "semi-happy," and their quest for fulfillment can lead them to extramarital affairs and divorce."

"While most of the women Haag interviewed said they felt lonely in their semi-happy marriages, men told her that they felt "trapped" or "penned in." It didn't seem to matter if they married "too young" or waited until they were older; what mattered was what people expected from their marriages. And for many, the traditional blueprint that their parents followed is simply no longer a good fit."

Here is the full article.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/sex/are- ... e-2494292/
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."